Schoolteacher Mafia

eclipse

"The number of deaths in the new schools has been troubling. What do you have to say for yourselves?"

"Why are you bugging me? I just started!"

"Deaths in the school? Is the cafeteria serving bad food?"

"This sounds like a joke."

"I gotta get back to grading papers. Can we go now?"

It was time for the teachers to learn. . .

[spoiler=Rules, semi-standard clipsey style]0. This game is NOC. This means all talking must be done in the game thread (unless I tell you otherwise). Deal with it.

1. Living people can talk to other players about the game in the game thread only. Dead people, follow rule 14. Information cannot be passed from the dead to the living.

2. Everyone will get a role PM with a name, some flavor, a role, and a win condition. You may state your name, and paraphrase your own role. POSTING FLAVOR, OR ASKING OTHERS FOR IT WILL END BADLY, SO DON'T EVEN THINK IT!

3. Anyone is free to ask me to write them a fake, within reason. Asking me to write a fake so you can see the mafia wincon is not within reason.

4. Don't screenshot. Please.

5. This game begins on D1, so have fun~! No talking at night, unless I tell you otherwise.

6. A vote counts as ##(your choice of verb): (someone), with (your choice of verb) being "Vote" or something more creative, and (someone) being who you want to vote for. If you want to change your vote, you must ##Unvote first. Don't edit your posts, please.

7. In case of a lynch tie, one person will be randomly lynched. Maybe.

8. Each day phase will be roughly 72 hours, and each night phase will be roughly 48 hours. I'll post phase end times in both GMT and HST. Note that Hawaii does not observe DST. Unless I say something BEFORE PHASE END, the phase will end at the scheduled time, whether I am present or not. Phases may end early if a majority is reached during the day, or if I get all night actions in at night.

9. Person with the most votes is lynched at the end of the day phase on D1 only. After D1, it'll take at least one-third of the living players to lynch, rounding UP. If someone amasses half the living player's votes, rounded up, I'll give them a three-hour grace period. I believe in last words.

9a. If at the end of any day phase, the number of people not voting at phase end exceeds the majority vote, OR at least one-third of the game, rounded DOWN has not voted, the game will end with a universal loss. If you're gonna sign up, you'd best be arsed to play the game.

10. If you have a night action, and do not want to do it, reply to your role PM with Night X - Idling.

11. No items, because the school board is too worried about liability and all that.

12. If you miss a day and night, you are eligible for auto-sub-out/modkill, whichever one is deemed more appropriate. If you need a sub, say so in the main thread and/or your role PM. I am not your mother, so stay on top of things. Losing interest is not a valid sub-out reason, and being too busy may cause you to be modkilled (this heavily depends on how often you've subbed out with this excuse in the past).

13. I made a nice little priority list, and it will be posted it once the game is over. This time, you will not see your own priority, so if you want to use priority as a reason why something happened/did not happen, you can TRY, but don't blame me if everyone wants to lynch you afterwards. By popular request, none of the roles will screw with priority.

14. If you end up dead, you CAN post in thread, but you may NOT do anything to contribute towards the game (scumhunt, give out information, etc.) If at any time a dead player has more posts on default PPV than the living players, I will modkill them in the grave. If during any day phase, there are more dead people posts than living player posts, every single dead person who posted will be posthumously modkilled. (in other words, I don't mind a post or two, but don't spam the thread if you're dead)

15. Punishment for breaking the rules will range from nothing to modkills. If you feel that the risk of punishment is worth it, go for it, but be warned that things will probably not turn out the way you want it to.

16. If in doubt, follow your role PM, or whatever I tell you in reply to your role PM. Pay attention, or you might miss something important~! If your role PM contradicts the rules, FOLLOW YOUR ROLE PM.

17. If you see your user name in the flavor, it means that you were randomly chosen to do something, so don't sweat it. If you see your role name in the flavor, it's for a reason.

18. If you have been modkilled, your win condition is "You win by being the last one alive".

19. If you ask a question, and I respond with "Tee-hee~!", it means you're not getting a straight answer until postgame. There is a reason for this. HOWEVER, if you want to know whether something will get you modkilled, I will most likely give you a straight answer. . .but don't ask me stupidly convoluted questions for the sake of getting on my nerves.

20. If you want to share your thoughts, I welcome them. Reply to your role PM/bug me on IRC if you wish to do this.

21. If I tell you to do something, and you don't listen, you probably aren't going to like what will happen next.

22. If you feel the need to complain about some aspect of the game before the game is over, please do so in your role PM. Dead players are free to bitch about whatever they want in their role PMs, and only their role PMs. You can also whine on IRC, and I'll do my best to humor you.

23. You're dead when you die. I refuse to exhume corpses.

24. If I can't figure out what you're trying to say in the game thread in under a minute, you'll have quite a bit of explaining to do.

25. Do not attempt to lynch/kill Yours Truly, no matter how tempting it may be.

26. The only players that can affect the game are on the player list. Talking to people not playing in this game is highly discouraged, 'cause there's no telling who will slip what (and I'd rather not have to modkill you for a loose tongue).

27. No, you may not be an informed observer upon death.

28. Ignorance of the rules will probably make your punishment more harsh. The rules don't exist for my own reading pleasure.

29. If I think of anything else, it'll go here.

General tips:

1. Play with some semblance of intelligence. Don't try to play the hero. I will shred you in postgame if you attempt the latter for any reason.

2. Playing intentionally scummy will also incur a scathing postgame review.

3. Read the Mafia Info Dump thread for basics of the game.

4. Read the damn rules, so I don't have to hand out mass modkills.

5. Not only is scumhunting by flavor lame, it's banned this game.

6. Emotion is a null tell, learn to read what's behind it.

7. I strongly suggest keeping notes on who claimed what, who said what about people, etc.

8. Don't rely on meta too heavily; it's only one tool that's available to you!

9. This is supposed to be FUN, so try to keep it civil. Someone deconstructing your logic/telling you what you are doing wrong is not a personal attack (the former is supposed to happen, and you can evaluate the latter based on a future flip).

10. Everyone has a PR. Unless otherwise specified, the interval is ONCE PER DAY PHASE. I won't modkill you outright for not following a PR, but do try to follow them anyway.

Sign-ups:

5. Balcerzak - Pablo, Town Safeguard, survived

10. Elieson - Jim Morales, Town Cop, survived

Subs:

1. Cam

2. FOR RENT!

Dead people:

11. MancerNecro/Boron (Taewoo) - Yoshio Kuraishi, Town PR inspector, Lynched Day 1

14. NekoRex - Ledah and Rose, Town One-Shot Vig, Shot in the back Night 1

1. Blitz (Cap'n Flint)/Marth (bluedoom) - Quistis Trepe, Mafia Kidnapper/Stronglady, Eviscerated Night 1

7. Paperblade - Harumi Kiyama, Cult leader, lynched Day 2

4. Prims (cyborg sammy davis jr.) - Nanako Kuroi, Formerly Town Cult Recruited Courier/Announcer, died Day 2

15. BBM (Thomas Raith) - Oboro, Town Oracle, Shot in the back Night 2

16. Bananas (Serious Bananjas) - Kariya, Town Watcher, recalled to his real job (lynched) Day 3

6. Shinori - Mrs. Frizzle, Town Hooker, Shot repeatedly Night 3

13. Baldrick (Minor Baldo) - Serah Farron, Mafia Vote JoaT, lynched Day 4

8. Kaoz (via IRC) - Alberich, Town Tracker, decapitated Night 4

3. Helios - Malik Caesar, Mafia Redirect/Ninja, lynched Day 5

17. Rocker64 - Jin Minataka, Town Doctor, stabbed Night 5

12. Kay - Lone Wolf, Town Jack of Many Abilities, lynched Day 6

9. Lucina/Excellen (Daigoji Excellen) Manix - Heihachi Mishima, Town Smart Bomb, stabbed Night 6

2. scorri - Van Grants, Mafia Cop/Cop Blocker/Janitor, lynched Day 7

Day 1 ends on Tuesday November 27 4 AM GMT/Monday November 26 6 PM HST. . .however, no posting until I get the role PMs out to everyone (in other words, when I say it's okay to post). Do read the rules, as I updated one of them.

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drat it all, no respect.

I do all this work signing up for a game, formulating solutions, and building great health regiments, and for what?

A meager paycheck and some annoying spoiled kids who just wanna throw footballs and ultimate frisbees?

##Vote Bananas

Because despite my love for them, I grow tired of buying them and nobody eating them anymore.

Ninja'd, but oh well, he responded.

##Unvote

##Vote: Bluedoom

Cause I still hate that Kefka pic. Sends shivers down my spine just looking at it.

Respond and I might remove my vote.

Drat it all, no respect.

I do all this work signing up for a game, formulating solutions, and building great health regiments, and for what?

A meager paycheck and some annoying spoiled kids who just wanna throw footballs and ultimate frisbees?

##Vote Bananas

Because despite my love for them, I grow tired of buying them and nobody eating them anymore.

ummmmmmmm, we are your co-workers remember?

and besides, I wanna play a game of 29 but all my buddies are busy making test sheets where as I am stuck in the infirmary.

Ninja'd, but oh well, he responded.

##Unvote

##Vote: Bluedoom

Cause I still hate that Kefka pic. Sends shivers down my spine just looking at it.

Respond and I might remove my vote.

I am bluedoom's hydra, so place the vote on me please (he ain't here at the moment

I am bluedoom's hydra, so place the vote on me please (he ain't here at the moment

Oh wait, crap!

Since you have obviously posted, well...

##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori

I want Shinori to say something.

I guess everyone is still changin into their workout clothes. I don't blame them, because at least when faculty comes and plays, it's a decent game of touch football. It figured though, I say 5 minutes, people take 25 minutes.

I've grown used to this "respect" I suppose.

Also Mancer, reread FAYZ for the inside joke.

I don't really care about Football, Elieson, I really really hate sports.

Now, I really need to take a hot bath so can we get these murder cases solved already so I can go back to my bathtub at home?

I would really like more people to discuss so we can end this killfest already.

Like I said...I'm concerned about Bananas and the adverse affect on the "cafeteria food". You all know how a healthy diet is supposed to be good for you, but things like coleslaw count too you know. Also where is everyone, like seriously. I just want a relaxing evening where people listen to me for once and get their butts out here!