Schoolteacher Mafia

eclipse

In all my years of planning offensive strategies, this has got to be by far, the most open and out there plan in the history of ever! So much for throwing his opponent off guard!

Son, let me tell you something, and I suggest you listen.

You can't catch your opponent in a trap if you tell him that you warn him of a trap!

not unless you put a second trap in between the first and use the first ace as a feint so that the person doesn't notice the trump.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all my years of planning offensive strategies, this has got to be by far, the most open and out there plan in the history of ever! So much for throwing his opponent off guard!

Son, let me tell you something, and I suggest you listen.

You can't catch your opponent in a trap if you tell him that you warn him of a trap!

not if he activates your trap card though!

I well, uhm, that was... totally not because you made me flustered. I purposely did that. To uh... see who was paying attention. >_> (Though I have to say, you're not too bad yourself. Maybe we should talk about this some other time when we aren't so busy. If you know what I mean.)

Moving past that (for now wink.gif), all I'm really seeing now is RVS stuff, but leaving my vote on Bal for now since his last post didn't really do anything.

How about you stop by my car after this faculty meeting and we have ourselves a nice chat?

Actually...

Helios, while it's all very well and good to hit on all of us, the faculty, as we're all colleagues here, I just need to make sure of something.

You'd never take advantage of... a student who might happen to fall for your charms, would you?

what would Yuuko-sensei do?

Well now. That's rather forward of you. But, well, I'll give you a maybe there. *winks*

##unvote

Bal's been talking some more and so I'm going to wait a bit before putting another vote down. Wanna see some people say stuff before I do.

Mancer's hydra reporting in. He's not here at the moment, so you guys get to talk to me instead. Also, I'm only allowed to make a limited number of posts per phase, so you don't get to see me very often either. I will also let Mancer handle all the votes and unvotes to make things less confusing for everyone.

First of all, Prims, I agree that telling people you're voting them "for reactions" defeats the purpose of the vote. Mancer was overzealous and let that slip by accident, though. He didn't even realize why you switched your vote to him for saying that until a few minutes later.

Shinori, if you're frustrated by Mancer asking you to post content while you were at work I can understand that. But it's likely that he might have missed your post about being at work. I don't like your overreaction either.

Helios, I feel like you're not posting a lot of important stuff. Maybe a handful of things related to game content, but most of your posts are padded out with stuff that may or may not be related to your PR and doesn't contribute. Also, in this post, you say that voting for a guy who says he's at work is "not productive". This is true, but all the people voting for Bananas at the moment aren't doing anything productive either then, since the guy's asleep at this time. Why not call them out as well then?

I'm not liking Shinori for his reaction to Mancer's vote and Helios for lack of saying anything really important.

Okay can we cut down on the RP unless we're going to say something meaningful and game related in the same post, for the sake of the sanity of me and everybody who wants to read this thread with scumhunting in mind? ps3 has no games See holy shit I just covered my posting restriction for the entire day and it only took me one post, wow.

I'm pretty sure scorri says "I don't see anything except RVS" whenever she rolls scum and it's complete bullshit right now because people were just starting to post seriously and you could totally, you know, comment on that. How was Bal's post and following vote doing less than anything you posted in this thread before that?

Helios: Shinori's response isn't necessarily a scum reaction but he, too, could've stood to actually give his opinion on whether Mancer was scum or just being silly. His response to Blitz is frustrating though because it avoids responsibility and still isn't an actual concrete opinion on Mancer.

Blitz: Why are you voting Lucina and not Shinori?

I am gonna ##Unvote and ##Vote: scorri but pretty much anybody who's dancing around talking about stuff we can talk about irritates me. Also that cut pretty much makes her currently less productive than Bal was ever being.

It wasn't even an overreaction. It was me questioning why he was serious voting me for not having more than a post on day 1 on page 1 within hours of the game starting.

Which seemed really stupid.

I also feel that you are grasping at reasons to find me scummy.

I don't like boron's post in this game, which adds onto the fact that I didn't like how mancer has been playing.

##Vote: Mancer

This is where my vote is going for the night.

Tomorrow I'm going to teach all of you about the big bag theory. So make sure people get on this bus early tomorrow so your ready for that!

Okay can we cut down on the RP unless we're going to say something meaningful and game related in the same post, for the sake of the sanity of me and everybody who wants to read this thread with scumhunting in mind? ps3 has no games See holy shit I just covered my posting restriction for the entire day and it only took me one post, wow.

I'm pretty sure scorri says "I don't see anything except RVS" whenever she rolls scum and it's complete bullshit right now because people were just starting to post seriously and you could totally, you know, comment on that. How was Bal's post and following vote doing less than anything you posted in this thread before that?

Helios: Shinori's response isn't necessarily a scum reaction but he, too, could've stood to actually give his opinion on whether Mancer was scum or just being silly. His response to Blitz is frustrating though because it avoids responsibility and still isn't an actual concrete opinion on Mancer.

Blitz: Why are you voting Lucina and not Shinori?

I am gonna ##Unvote and ##Vote: scorri but pretty much anybody who's dancing around talking about stuff we can talk about irritates me. Also that cut pretty much makes her currently less productive than Bal was ever being.

because I liked his reaction, regardless of how you saw it

Stop ninjaing me.

Also my response to about mancer was partially because I wanted to see him post a few more times or have boron post, which did just happen.

ANYWAY NIGHT.

tbh I think people getting mad at Mancer's post are a bit overblowing things, the purpose of most RVS votes is to get reactions out of people, which is something that should be common knowledge. Yeah, saying that you're trying to get reactions out of the person you're voting rather than others' reaction to the vote is a little dumb, but I don't think it's really that scummy.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Helios because all his posts have just been him hitting on scorri, and he attacked Mancer without switching a vote to him or anything but when asked just goes "idk I have no strong feelings one way or the other"

this please, it's incredibly frustrating and I have a tendency to just read all those types of posts as active lurking

Looking back at Shinori vs Mancer, I really don't think there was much different with how Mancer acted. Granted he did stay on Shinori slightly longer than he did when dealing with Eli and Blitz/Marth, but the general theme seemed to be identical. He votes, waits for a content post, then moves to the next target. Shinori's intervening "I'm at work" and "Waiting on eclipse to clarify" weren't exactly content posts, so I can understand why he'd stick around on that a bit longer.

I don't get a scum read from that at all. I hesitate to say whether it's an effective town strategy or not, but it is generating content.

I will say that whoever (not going to bother looking it up at the moment) mentioned a dislike for people voting folks who aren't present, that for the sort of progress we need in ED1 I completely agree. Making a stack is much more effective on someone who can talk back right away. This is most of the reason why I chose Helios to stick a vote on, as he was in the active user list on the frontpage.

Honestly I could go either way on rp-heavy vs rp-light. I sort of imagine that after awhile you'll get the feel of who's using it as an excuse versus who's using it to have fun. If people are having fun they're more likely to post. However, it is definitely possible to get misreads from it. Also, if it causes a sheer volume problem, that could scare away some people from getting caught up. I'd hate for the fresh blood to get overwhelmed.

Apologize for the RP-heavy posts. Got carried away since it's kinda fun to do.

@Prims: Agree that Shinori should have at least given his thoughts about Mancer rather than just be irritated with regards to the vote. His reaction to your post isn't great either with the whole "you're trying to push a scumcase on me with weak bullshit" thing even though you're not really voting him or applying a ton of pressure, just commenting on the actual game so far. He's acting a lot more defensive than needs to be.

##Unvote

##Vote Shinori

@Boron: I had no idea Bananas was even asleep or anything, and thought the wagon being placed on him was just supposed to be something similar to the wagon on Elieson earlier. Shinori at least posted inthread that he was at work, so everyone could know, so that's why I said that. Your being awfully defensive as well, and should have explained why you didn't like Shinori's reaction to it all.

@Paperblade: U jelly that I'm gettin the girls to bro?

Would like to hear from Elieson about the current events of the game since he also falls into the "RP posts only" category.

Looking back at Shinori vs Mancer, I really don't think there was much different with how Mancer acted. Granted he did stay on Shinori slightly longer than he did when dealing with Eli and Blitz/Marth, but the general theme seemed to be identical. He votes, waits for a content post, then moves to the next target. Shinori's intervening "I'm at work" and "Waiting on eclipse to clarify" weren't exactly content posts, so I can understand why he'd stick around on that a bit longer.

I don't get a scum read from that at all. I hesitate to say whether it's an effective town strategy or not, but it is generating content.

I will say that whoever (not going to bother looking it up at the moment) mentioned a dislike for people voting folks who aren't present, that for the sort of progress we need in ED1 I completely agree. Making a stack is much more effective on someone who can talk back right away. This is most of the reason why I chose Helios to stick a vote on, as he was in the active user list on the frontpage.

Honestly I could go either way on rp-heavy vs rp-light. I sort of imagine that after awhile you'll get the feel of who's using it as an excuse versus who's using it to have fun. If people are having fun they're more likely to post. However, it is definitely possible to get misreads from it. Also, if it causes a sheer volume problem, that could scare away some people from getting caught up. I'd hate for the fresh blood to get overwhelmed.

Well, I'll respond to this quote first then move slowly on to respond to the other quotes.

I kept my vote on Shinori because he was not making any content posts. Yes, I knew he was at work, and I had made some posts after those two posts you had mentioned that said I was willing to wait for him to make a content post before I moved my vote.

I'm still waiting for Shinori to provide more content before I unvote.
Umm' date=' okay, then I'll wait for that. There's no one better to have a vote on anyway (since we're still in RVS anyway).

I'll move my vote if I get even a scumtell off of someone else though.[/quote']

Those posts should have explained that I really had no other person to move my vote to at that moment. I had no scum reads then, and Shinori, who I voted to get content, had not responded yet.

Therefore, when Shinori made this post:

Oh nvm. I found the answer.

OKAY SO FIRST OFF MANCER.

Are you seriously having your vote on me as a serious vote' date=' during rvs, on page 1, on day 1, for having no content while I was at work.

What in the actual type of crap early vote is that?

Do I need to put you on a bus and teach you about RVS?[/quote']

I felt that he had really overreacted a little in that post. His post shows a very hostile and aggressive tone, I can't tell whether it's because he is really irritated or if he is being hostile for the sake of it, but I can safely say that there was actually no need for him to have such a defensive reaction, since I had said that I would remove the vote from him the moment he made an actual content post. All he had to do was make one post like what Elieson and Blitz/Bluedoom had done and I would have removed my vote from him.

This is why, I feel that my vote is best left on Shinori at the moment.

It wasn't even an overreaction. It was me questioning why he was serious voting me for not having more than a post on day 1 on page 1 within hours of the game starting.

Which seemed really stupid.

I also feel that you are grasping at reasons to find me scummy.

I don't like boron's post in this game' date=' which adds onto the fact that I didn't like how mancer has been playing.

[b']##Vote: Mancer[/b]

This is where my vote is going for the night.

Tomorrow I'm going to teach all of you about the big bag theory. So make sure people get on this bus early tomorrow so your ready for that!

Also, I feel that this post is also a little bit of an OMGUS of him, voting for me off of quite a weak reason just because I had voted for him. My vote on him was only to stay on him until he had made a content post, so him deciding to vote for me really means he's the one taking my vote seriously and not me.

Apologize for the RP-heavy posts. Got carried away since it's kinda fun to do.

@Prims: Agree that Shinori should have at least given his thoughts about Mancer rather than just be irritated with regards to the vote. His reaction to your post isn't great either with the whole "you're trying to push a scumcase on me with weak bullshit" thing even though you're not really voting him or applying a ton of pressure, just commenting on the actual game so far. He's acting a lot more defensive than needs to be.

##Unvote

##Vote Shinori

@Boron: I had no idea Bananas was even asleep or anything, and thought the wagon being placed on him was just supposed to be something similar to the wagon on Elieson earlier. Shinori at least posted inthread that he was at work, so everyone could know, so that's why I said that. Your being awfully defensive as well, and should have explained why you didn't like Shinori's reaction to it all.

@Paperblade: U jelly that I'm gettin the girls to bro?

Would like to hear from Elieson about the current events of the game since he also falls into the "RP posts only" category.

Helios, are you psychic or something, because I was just about to point out that your posts from earlier were too RP heavy and a little bit annoying to me.

Because of the tone you had in your posts (quite neutral throughout), I had actually ignored them. They felt more like you were just making a comment on something like a Facebook page or post, which I feel is very active lurky.

Also, these two posts:

You're so cute when you're annoyed, babe. You even spelled "unvote" wrong. Don't try and be so serious and stick to looking good. No need to play hard to get, I'm interested enough in you already wink.gif.

I think I missed this, but again, what's the point in trying to get reactions out of people when you explicitly state "hey I'm gonna vote a bunch of random people to try and get reactions out of them". Defeats the entire purpose of it. Also, voting someone who even said "hey I'm still at work" isn't super productive either. Just sayin' bro.

I feel ya mayne. Other day I was flying down Main St. in my coupe to impress some girls who happened to be gazing at my natural beauty, and the pigs came and gave me a ticket for SPEEDING. The hell mayne? Why they trynna embarrass me in front of the girls? Killed the mood bro.

Still too early to really tell tbh. He seems to be trying to make something happen, albeit the wrong way. What do you think of Shinori's reaction to Mancer's vote?

Don't worry about bro, just do what you gotta do. Drinks are on you tonight though when we take a break at the bar to blow off some steam (and pick up some chicks of course).

are kind of like content posts, yet, they contain a huge amount of RPing and junk that the only actual content in them is only worth one or two sentences. The second post in particular doesn't really say what you think and you are just asking someone else for an opinion.

I would want to ask you what you think about the game right now before I can decide whether or not you are town or scum.

Okay, I reread the thread and I noticed that quite a number of people have not posted at all. They are:

8. Kaoz

9. Lucina/Excellen (only made one post that was very RP-heavy and has not made any other posts so far, active lurking?)

10. Elieson (made a few very RP-heavy posts as well, possible active lurking)

12. Kay

13. Baldrick

14. NekoRex

15. BBM

16. Bananas (supposed to be sleeping, oh well)

17. Rocker64

I want all of you guys (9 out of 17 players) to actually tell us about what you think about the current situation.

Namely, respond to the argument I had with Shinori, on both of our posts and responses, and what you think of anyone else that have posted. Prims, Shinori, Paperblade, Balcerzak and myself in particular have made quite a number of posts with our thoughts, actions, prods and pressurising on other players. What do you think of all of our interactions with each other.

Okay, I reread the thread and I noticed that quite a number of people have not posted at all. They are:

8. Kaoz

9. Lucina/Excellen (only made one post that was very RP-heavy and has not made any other posts so far, active lurking?)

10. Elieson (made a few very RP-heavy posts as well, possible active lurking)

12. Kay

13. Baldrick

14. NekoRex

15. BBM

16. Bananas (supposed to be sleeping, oh well)

17. Rocker64

I want all of you guys (9 out of 17 players) to actually tell us about what you think about the current situation.

Namely, respond to the argument I had with Shinori, on both of our posts and responses, and what you think of anyone else that have posted. Prims, Shinori, Paperblade, Balcerzak and myself in particular have made quite a number of posts with our thoughts, actions, prods and pressurising on other players. What do you think of all of our interactions with each other.

my name isn't here but I don't mind answering it

I thought Shinori's reaction was very likely the reaction of town!Shinori, so even though it was an OMGUS vote, I don't think he looks that bad

I find you scummier (than Shinori), because what you said and what Boron said are like two different things entirely and Boron's post to help you sounded like an attempt to rescue someone who is in distress, when there was hardly anything on you. You by yourself sounded fine before Boron appeared imo

also, I want Lucina to post cause she has been seen a few times but never even attempted to make a post (unless I am wrong that is)

my name isn't here but I don't mind answering it

I thought Shinori's reaction was very likely the reaction of town!Shinori, so even though it was an OMGUS vote, I don't think he looks that bad

I find you scummier (than Shinori), because what you said and what Boron said are like two different things entirely and Boron's post to help you sounded like an attempt to rescue someone who is in distress, when there was hardly anything on you. You by yourself sounded fine before Boron appeared imo

also, I want Lucina to post cause she has been seen a few times but never even attempted to make a post (unless I am wrong that is)

Well, I can respond to this. I think it's more because of a miscommunication between us because I was away at that time so Boron took initiative to help respond to some of your queries.

Also, I just realised that Bluedoom and Blitz are hydraing with each other again, lol. The other time they did so being in the .hack// Mafia.

Again, sorry if my RPing annoyed you. My intention was to entertain the masses who were reading along, not to be annoying. I'll cut it down and be more srs.

@Mancer: I posted my current thoughts on things so far in the last post. If there's anything I missed I apologize, it's late and I'm sleepy. I did explain my thoughts before I asked Prims a question though; you don't need an essay to say something simple. I felt neutral on you since what you were doing wasn't a scumtell or towntell to me. However, Boron's last post didn't look good to me, and your posts haven't really matched up what she was saying either, which is kinda weird. Though I find Shinori scummier than you atm, your next on the list at this point.

Going to bed now though so night guys!

Well, I can respond to this. I think it's more because of a miscommunication between us because I was away at that time so Boron took initiative to help respond to some of your queries.

Also, I just realised that Bluedoom and Blitz are hydraing with each other again, lol. The other time they did so being in the .hack// Mafia.

yeah lol, I wanted to make amends for my failures

I think I understand what you mean since I had a similar case in .Hack

Mancer's hydra reporting in. He's not here at the moment, so you guys get to talk to me instead. Also, I'm only allowed to make a limited number of posts per phase, so you don't get to see me very often either. I will also let Mancer handle all the votes and unvotes to make things less confusing for everyone.

First of all, Prims, I agree that telling people you're voting them "for reactions" defeats the purpose of the vote. Mancer was overzealous and let that slip by accident, though. He didn't even realize why you switched your vote to him for saying that until a few minutes later.

Shinori, if you're frustrated by Mancer asking you to post content while you were at work I can understand that. But it's likely that he might have missed your post about being at work. I don't like your overreaction either.

Helios, I feel like you're not posting a lot of important stuff. Maybe a handful of things related to game content, but most of your posts are padded out with stuff that may or may not be related to your PR and doesn't contribute. Also, in this post, you say that voting for a guy who says he's at work is "not productive". This is true, but all the people voting for Bananas at the moment aren't doing anything productive either then, since the guy's asleep at this time. Why not call them out as well then?

I'm not liking Shinori for his reaction to Mancer's vote and Helios for lack of saying anything really important.

To be honest, I don't see anything contradictory in what Boron and I have said.

The only thing that might be contradictory is the part about me missing Shinori's post that he is at work.

I felt the same way as Boron about Helios not posting a lot of important stuffs, and about Shinori's overreaction. Boron's post happened before Shinori's OMGUS so she could not have seen or responded to it.

Really, I want to know (with quotes, preferably) where Helios and Blitz actually thinks that Boron and I had contradicted with each other at all.

I feel Mancer and Shinori are in-town fighting, but if Mancer wants reactions then he should probably move his vote to someone who's actually here.

##Vote: Lucina

You probably earn more than me. Also, opinions on Mancer and Shinori?

Our role demands a a bit of RP due to our post restriction. There's not a whole lot that can be done about that. I'll try not to be as full of them, as I was in the first post.

I'm kind of growing suspicious about Mancer. The game thread hasn't even been up for 12 hours, and to me it seems like he's rushing to get somewhere. Day 1 is about 72 hours in length. No point in trying to finish it in 10 hours (hint: we won't). It's kind of annoying me more than the RPing is.

I know, the turbo lynch on Day 1 right?

Yeah, you're definitely trying to end the day fast.

Now, I really need to take a hot bath so can we get these murder cases solved already so I can go back to my bathtub at home?

I would really like more people to discuss so we can end this killfest already.

Again, you're rushing things here. Game thread has been up for about two hours at the time you made this post, and it already seems like you want it over. Chill out dude.

##Unvote

##Vote: MancerNecro

Also I need cash. I'm broke.

Also going to sleep now.