New Prince of Tennis Mafia: Season 1

Kaoz

Fair enough about the "defending Life" part, I guess I interpreted it differently. Other points still stand though. I just find it weird that she's been distancing herself from all the bigger scumspecs yet is really focusing on eclipse. She's been unmemorable and if anyone's really coasting through this game (other than Life lol) it'd be her.

Bizz do you disagree with the points I just made?

Also I gotta go to bed since I got some scope procedure thing in the morning. I may not be around for a bit Friday, and if I am chances are I'm still feeling the effects of the anesthesia, so please keep that in mind.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh okay so fuck I don't have time to answer Helio's question or finish the case I'm making because I need to sleep for my three classes and the concert tomorrow, then I have another performance on Saturday so I'm going to be off and on but after I sleep I can do what I intend on doing tomorrow morning if I wake up on time I'm sorry guys

But before I go I would like to ask Kay to elaborate on why my content is 'objectively bad' or I'm going to chalk that off as a dumb scum statement with no explanation because I hate those.

Like okay, I don't think Prims is scum mostly because of meta, he's actually explaining his reads EXCEPT I don't like how he handwaved Kay and RD off when I thought he thought RD was scum. ???

and SUPER META that's super bad

blitz is usually an earlygame kill target when prims is scum

it's so bad it's in a spoiler but wanted to throw that out there anyway

KAY CASE AND AN OFFICIAL VOTE COMING TOMORROW. I was wrong on like all my reads yesterday and I'm pretty disgruntled about that, since Bal flipped town and Scorri and Paper are probably town, ALTHOUGH @Prims I think you forgot that Scorri mentioned having an action(s) that negatively affects stamina too?

actually come to think of it it feels like Kay was subtly trying to push for my mislynch because it was looking like I was a possible lynch candidate but wanted to distance herself from it just in case. because idk statements like that just feel like you're saying them just to say them, or because other people have made cases that look legitimate and you want to look legitimate too without actually researching. Which is what I do sometimes when I get ahead of myself, I'll admit.

It reminds me a little of what Paper was doing (IT'S STILL SO OUT OF CHARACTER for him to like agree with like 85% of everything everyone says) but it's in a different light I suppose

I've seen scum do that kind of thing so many times and it Peeves me

Like okay, I don't think Prims is scum mostly because of meta, he's actually explaining his reads EXCEPT I don't like how he handwaved Kay and RD off when I thought he thought RD was scum. ???

RD's contentpost read solid enough that I'm just feeling him as town with a shaky start due to being rusty. Don't currently see any interactions w/ flips that make me feel any worse. Aside from a low post frequency, Kay just hasn't really done anything objectively bad from what I can tell and I agree with her eclipse case. If you post your case on her I'll consider it.

RE: Helios: Main deal w/ Bal vs. Paperblade is that you sound like you just started to find Paperblade scummier based on his end-of-day posts, which is why the lack of comparison is questionable.

So, despite my objections, Bal was lynched. And Prims continues to tunnel me for things that make sense in his mind. Bizz's late C1 stuff and current C2 stuff make me feel better about her, as it feels like she's actually analyzing stuff as opposed to going with whatever makes her happy (though that emotional outburst late C1 was something I disliked on a level that has no business being a read). I'm not sure if personal stuff is affecting Kay right now, which is why I haven't really been going after her.

Really wish I had been the lynch target instead of Bal, so you guys would consider the next part of my post seriously.

Of the claims, I find scorri's more believable than Paperblade's (his claim is impossible given my role PM; consider this my claim). Furthermore, Paperblade sheeping along at the end of C1 does not look like town (scorri, then Balcerzak). My opinion of Helios' final vote hinges on Paperblade's flip, because his end-of-phase vote can be argued convincingly either way (and if you guys want, I will argue both sides).

##Vote: Paperblade

Of the claims, I find scorri's more believable than Paperblade's (his claim is impossible given my role PM; consider this my claim).

Given PoT the first: are you actually CCing backup or is this "I'm vanilla therefore there can't a backup in the game" logic?

Problem with that is last time you were not the only Vanilla in the game so this barely actually means anything. Uugh. If you're functional vanilla (like, informed or something) and there's something that specifically guarantees it is impossible for town to have a backup, there's more benefit in outing that than being vague about it.

I'm going to say that based on circumstances of the pseudo-CC you're probably not scum, at least.

Just a general notice that if you see me lurking around the thread that's me on my phone looking over things that happen while I'm away. I won't be back until around 2:30pm central time and then I leave again at 4:30pm and won't be back until probably 10pm. There's a lot of material I would like to discuss afterwards though; I'll be able to get some posted in between the 2-hour break in the afternoon but I won't be able to get everything in. Basically want to discuss a pattern I've been seeing that I don't like, as well as detailed Kay and Helios cases

But before I go I would like to ask Kay to elaborate on why my content is 'objectively bad' or I'm going to chalk that off as a dumb scum statement with no explanation because I hate those.

"Objectively", like, not taking into account what I'm actually thinking about what you were trying to do, I'd say it's more bad than good because you were so jumpy about scorri's vote (and no, it's not that you can't be suspicious of scorri while she's voting you, it's that you kept talking about it in a way that seemed based around not wanting to be suspected), and then that you were acting like you hadn't been particularly suspicious of her. Your opinions on everyone else haven't really been memorable, maybe you've had plenty of good ones and they were just drowned out by the scorri argument, idk.

Do you consider it scummy, or just hate it? It gets hard to tell sometimes when you "don't like" something because you think it's a scumtell or antitown, and when you "don't like" something just because it bothers you personally, and I wish you'd be more clear about this.

Fair enough about the "defending Life" part, I guess I interpreted it differently. Other points still stand though. I just find it weird that she's been distancing herself from all the bigger scumspecs yet is really focusing on eclipse. She's been unmemorable and if anyone's really coasting through this game (other than Life lol) it'd be her.

Helios:

1. How the heck am I defending Life? I just think that particular thing is a dumb reason to suspect him.

2. If I was just coasting scum, why would I disagree with everyone that much? Why wouldn't I just throw a vote on Bal or something, instead of going after Eclipse or Life?

I wasnt super suspicious of scorri like everyone else had said but thought she was a better wagon choice than eclipse

Kay I don't think you understand that what peeves me is when people make a claim/statement and don't back it up because that's what scum do and that's why I questioned Prims. Its not a personal thing

Ok, I don't understand something. Why does someone being vanilla mean we can't have a backup? Am I just missing something here or what?

Moving past that, I'm going to hopefully get a full post up with updated reads and such by tonight. For now though, I'll address one thing that's been said about my role. I have one action out of four that has the possibility to negatively affect someone's stamina, but it also has the possibility to positively affect someone's stamina. So yeah.

Ugh, the internet isn't working still. This is irritating.

And yeah, I don't understand what makes universal backup impossible with a vanilla? I'm kinda still suspicious of Paperblade though, and I'm also not keen on Kay's defense aimed at Helios regarding his accusation that she's been coasting ('if I were scum' meta)

HOWEVER, it bothers me that Helios used Kay and built an admittedly shaky case on her (which is why I mentioned I would look up Helios later). It seemed like he was waiting for me to list my suspicion so that he could continue to build a case on them without actively looking for himself. I can explain this better later if you guy want but tbh if I don't like what I find he will probably be my next vote if it isnt Kay

I'm back in Toronto so my hours won't be that weird anymore.

Anyway, I've been reading and I'm keeping my vote on Paperblade for the time being. I find it way too suspicious that Paper conveniently claims ability-copy right after the vigilante kicks the bucket. It just seems like the perfect safeclaim to keep alive for a day.

I am starting to get some scummy feelings from Prims and Kay though. Can't put my finger on it.

Helios:

1. How the heck am I defending Life? I just think that particular thing is a dumb reason to suspect him.

2. If I was just coasting scum, why would I disagree with everyone that much? Why wouldn't I just throw a vote on Bal or something, instead of going after Eclipse or Life?

You don't disagree with everyone that much though. You just comment on a couple things eclipse or Life says and disagree with that. Besides, pulling out the "if I was scum why would I do this?" card is a weak defense. It also doesn't help that you completely ignored my vote post where I explained my reasoning behind my vote.

Looking back at her (like 5) posts, she hasn't really done a whole lot other than talk about Eclipse, Life, and defend pretty much everyone else. She defended Blitz's vote, she defended RD's play, she defended Life's OC vs. NOC, she defended my first post of the game, and defended Bal's play in general. The only people she's really attacked are Paper (who she later on decided was starting to play better, even though Paper's play didn't really change), Eclipse (who is the only person she's voted all game) and to a lesser extent Life. Other than that she didn't talk about anything that was happening and pretty much shrugged off as "it looks okay", which feels like lazy play to me. Anything else she said are just general helpfulness and random questions/statements that don't have as much to do with the game. I can support this lynch.

Okay, you want me to pay attention to this post? Fine. Yeah, there have been things in the game I thought weren't scummy. How is defending two people who flipped town a bad thing? I was "attacking" Bizz as well, to some extent, just not as much, and what should I have talked about that I didn't? What should I have done, tried to argue against things I saw no problem with? Hard defend a bunch of people? Just have more negative opinions in general? Is four scumreads not enough in your opinion?

General helpfulness? Not even faking general helpfulness, you're going to accuse me of being helpful? How does this make sense, Helios?

Simplified: I "ignored" this post because I simply don't see how any of these things make me scummy.

I haven't been able to be nearly as active as I thought I would be when I signed up, and for that I do apologize to both Kaoz and everyone playing. I promise to do everything I can to make sure I don't miss deadlines and sending in my action, but I may disappear for large amounts of time during cycles. That being said, I should have more time now that it's the weekend.

On a more game related topic, I have learned something very interesting about Life: He has three abilities, and they are Self Safeguard, Silencer and Ninja Cop. Those don't sound like Town abilities at all to me, unless I really have been gone far too long.

Yes, one of my abilities is a Role Inspection. However, it costs 6 Stamina and I'm now at 0, so don't expect many more revelations coming from my end.

I'm going to ##Vote: Life for this Cycle. As for Paperblade, I don't trust his claim one bit, due to how convenient it sounds, but looking at his and Life's interactions, if Life flips scum I believe that Paper would probably be Town.

lol town silencer

##Unvote

##Vote: Life

RD's play makes sense for inspector. Life has been ignoring my questions constantly which makes me wonder if he's even reading my posts so this is pretty easy to buy.

I agree that Life and Paper make little sense for buddies; Life's Paper vote early this phase was super opportunistic. I'm still thinking Helios is the scums assuming this result is accurate since Life ignored Helios' awkward switch completely to gun for Paper.