New Prince of Tennis Mafia: Season 1

Kaoz

Well I don't think anything will change that emotion isn't actually relevant to argument, it's the trick of separating the two that is hard

I got back from a counselor appointment before responding to Life's post and I told him I'm tired of my emotions getting in the way of logical thought and I'm going to work on that but it's like... at least be polite guys, if there are other ways you can win the game at least you should go for those

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so tbh if you have to resort to methods to get emotional reactions out of someone that you know will probably react; it's not actually going to change much and might mess up your reads.

it's perfectly possible to get reactions out of people without having to resort to that. it also can actually affect that person in some cases, and before you say "just get over it" (or similar), that's easy for you to say. you aren't them. what you are going to see as acceptable and what they see is probably going to be different.

so basically being a dick to get reactions is not the best idea. just my thoughts.

Also everyone acting like assholes just creates horrible amounts red herrings for scumhunting and should not be done because that is anti town play.

You're the best, Excellen~!

After this talk, I am half-tempted to make some sort of OC game, just to mess with everyone. :P:

My tiny input on the whole dragging in "emotional luggage" or whatever was that the following was probably the single most hurtful post in the topic, to me. Maybe just because I was wrapped up in some frustration at the time.

That said, by the time I was lynched and Paper had apologized (just in an in general way) on IRC, I was already well over it, haven taken some time down, and looking at it rationally and critically. At an emotional attack, one could really do far worse.

I think singling out Life here as an offender, or this game in general for bad feelings isn't really a thing that should happen.

[spoiler=post in question]

I was driving home from class, had to stop and get gas so that delayed it a bit.

I really dislike this angle that Bal has with this votal analysis. We have no flips and he seems to be trying to push associative tells based on wagons, with things like "Blitz/Levity/Prims are every wagon." Like, even for Day 1, this is REALLY stretching things.

@Prims http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36288&view=findpost&p=2199129 : Normally I would agree that bad play isn't necessarily scummy but this is an invitational game where people should really know better. RD/Life I can see an exception for because they are OC players and not NOC, but Bal has played (and afaik read/IO'd) plenty of NOC games. Additionally, Bal has done way too many separate anti-town things for me to really want to just brush this under the rug.

@Bal: Roles do not have to be passive to give insight into a setup. The wording of active roles can imply things about setup too. For example, in FAYZ, I determined that there was an SK Night 0 because my role PM mentioned that my self protect would not save my life if 2 kills were directed at me on the same night, which meant there were 2 non-mafia kills in the game.

Also, I'd design OC games, but have no idea how to balance them, and they seem like they'd be a mess and a half to moderate, but I do sort of agree, our community focus is quitelopsided recently.

i wasn't singling anyone out. i am tired of emotional appeals in general. i would have talked about other things but ~ongoing games~ and i had just woken up from a nap and was grumpy

it was when i said that life started arguing with me about it and then helios jumped in and defended him

With regarding OC games, I can design and host one in a bit but it's gonna be small and very "back to basics". Gimme 2 days and we can rush it onto the queue if people want a break from NOC.

As for the whole "Life is a dick" conversation, I am what I am. I play how I want and I enjoy it and the thing is, I'm good at it too. It's a lot better in OC because I can properly bully information out of people but I don't always stick to it.

Bekitzur, I am a dick.

Edited by Am Yisrael Chai

Void Mafia (which is second on the queue after Tales of Symphonia) is OC but it's a tad nonstandard.

Also usually emotional appeals are scummy and people should be lynched for them, since if you're town you should have better/more solid points to be making.

I find it amusing that there's discussion about emotion after every mafia game when fotm is nothing ever changes and emotion is very important. Like the first thing that comes to a person's mind is "So and so person is ATTACKING MY INTELLIGENCE/TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!" when more often than not they're probably frustrated so w/e.

Best mantra is- "In mafia, everyone are pricks. I'm just gonna give my 2 cents and forget about it."

SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET PISSED OFF ANYWAY IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU TELL PEOPLE TO GET OVER IT

homosexuals

I find it amusing that there's discussion about emotion after every mafia game when fotm is nothing ever changes and emotion is very important. Like the first thing that comes to a person's mind is "So and so person is ATTACKING MY INTELLIGENCE/TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!" when more often than not they're probably frustrated so w/e.

Best mantra is- "In mafia, everyone are pricks. I'm just gonna give my 2 cents and forget about it."

Only a prick would say something like that, ya know

no wait my text wasn't big enough

SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET PISSED OFF ANYWAY IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU TELL PEOPLE TO GET OVER IT*

*homos

i like pudding and rainbows and sunshine**

**no i'm not actually mad i'm laughing really hard right now i'm crying

Edited by Sentamos

Only a prick would say something like that, ya know

ah well. In my defence though I've not tried to intentionally get reactions through emotional stuff or w/e.(only instance was ICBINSFMM3 and I apologized to Manix afterwards) This is more of "There's gonna be someone in a mafia game who bugs you anyway so why even take it srsly" lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...