Discovery of FE?

TwinBlade

I was first introduced to the Fire Emblem series by my stepbrother, that was when I first played FE7. I played his copy of FE7 and got hooked on the series. I've played FE7, FE9, FE10, FE8, and FE11 in that order. I also played SSBM and was introduced to Marth and Roy and also SSBB, although to this day I still haven't gotten around to emulating so I can play FE6 and FE12. I'll probably get around to that after or before I play FE13, it depends on how bored I get waiting.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the first time I saw fire emblem characters was SSBM I didn't know who they were or who thye belonged and didn't care enough to look them up...

About a year or 2 or 3 later (I got SSBM kinda late XD) I get a Nintend Power magizine and end up subscribing to it. Couple months later I get a issue that was dedicated basicly to new RPG games comming out and one of them was Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and I thought it looked interesting so I waited for it to come out and got it and have been a fan of FE ever since.

I kinda learned about the games by Smash Bros. However, when FE7 came out for the US I thought the commercial looked dumb as hell but then a friend said I should try it. Long story short I stole that game from him(which I should mention he was burrowing it) and now I hangout on forums talking about Fire Emblem.

Melee, though I believe that was still before FE7's Europe release so I didn't actually really care to look for Fire Emblem. Then I read a big preview about Fire Emblem(Blazing Sword) in an issue of Nintendo Official Magazine and it looked interesting so I bought it.

I am one of the many who found FE out by SSBM, but it wasn't until 6-7 years later that after making a Mugen video using the FE song from Melee, the idea of playing a FE game on an emulator came to my mind.

Mines is kinda odd. When I was 7 I was on gamefly looking for games to buy.I went to the RPG section on GameCube and looked through. Then I saw this game called" Fire Emblem Path of Radiance" and loved the gameplay. Played it, loved it, got stolen, became sad. I then learn't there was more in the series and bought FE7 and 8. Later I got Radiant Dawn for Wii. Then I got on Internet forums and well......that's a story for another time.

At my friends house, they had a huge bad of GBA games. I was introduced to FE7 there, only a played a bit and moved on. About a year later I bought FE11 at a store, because I was like "hey that's that game I liked". Things spiraled from there.

I was shopping with my moms at Target when I saw the FE 7 strategy guide. I skimmed though it, and I thought the characters looked pretty neat. Also I liked how it looked like Advance Wars, another all time favorite of mine. So I used my cash I had saved up mowing lawns and got it. At the time I had no idea how awesome the game I had just bought was.

What's even better was I showed it to my friends and 4 of us would skip gym to do link battles.

Played Melee, was introduced to Marth and Roy but didn't get too interested in FE at this point.

Played Brawl, was introduced to Ike, was finally at that point when I was interested enough to pick up PoR.

This, except change PoR to RD (I eventually played PoR afterwards).

Like most people, I first learned about the series by playing SSBM and unlocking Marth and Roy. I did not think anything else of it, I knew there were games/series that were not brought to the US shores. What actually got me into FE was my cousin playing FE7 and talking about how difficult the game was. The two of us barely being teenagers, difficult meant Lyn Normal mode. ... Still kind of humiliated when I say that. Anyway, because I was a bandwagon person in regards to my relatives at the time, I decided to get it. I fell in love with the game and its actual degree of difficulty compared to some of the others I'd played recently. It expanded from there.

I actually had a friend in elementary that had Fe7 and showed me the game while on a field trip ("there's a guy that throws around an axe that's connected by a chain!"), and I thought it looked cool enough to warrant buying it myself. This was before I ever played Melee.

Edited by Davinatorman

Played Melee and mained the fuck out of Roy while my brother preferred Marth. Then I bought FE7 when it was released and my brother and I freakin loved it and now I dislike the series as a whole. Funny how things work out.

Played Melee and mained the fuck out of Roy while my brother preferred Marth. Then I bought FE7 when it was released and my brother and I freakin loved it and now I dislike the series as a whole. Funny how things work out.

What are you still doing here then? Lol kidding, I've been unable to find a startegy RPG medieval style game good enough to ever consider replacing Fire Emblem. There's not too many Medieval Strategy games, and I refuse to play anything but medieval games.

If you have any suggestions guys I'd love to hear them, need to occupy myself whilst waiting for FE Awakening (since my JP 3ds broke...) on a similar note I am looking for a new one if anyone just so happens to want to get rid of theirs :newyears:

Thanks for all the responses, love reading them!

edit: First discovered FE in 1994, after I'd been playing Shining Force: The Legacy of the Gods for close to 2 years. I was only 5. I've pretty much grown up playing these games. My parents knew what a new FE game being released meant, either another new system + the game, or just the game. And there was no gray area, it happened. They still hold it against me and still to this day wonder why I play FE.

Wow, you were playing the Japanese versions of FE? That's some dedication there.