Shattered Honour Chapter Five

Parrhesia

Jacob stares at him for a second, surprised at how enthusiastic Jordan seems.

"Sounds like a much better mission than the last, that's for sure. Maybe we'll even make it out of this one in one piece. As for Jack, finding cute girls, and guys, for that matter, seems to be one of his strongest abilities."

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hah, maybe we can both get promoted to sergeant if we do the same thing! I might try to act like Jack does, maybe once or twice, it seems like fun. Apologies, as well, if my demeanor seems weird. Irene sort of beat into me that I'm not as terrible as I made myself out to be. And neither are you, friend, so quit that moping and let's rejoice that we're not going to be killed, yet!" Jordan laughed to himself, trying to make the most of the blood stained bar.

"You're right about that. We have to be pretty good to have survived this far. A lot of others haven't. That's why we should celebrate. I'm just not sure how to celebrate something like that, or how to seem any different than I am. I guess I could just get incredibly drunk, and see what happens. Although we may be setting out soon."

Jack grinned at Merry. "Well then. That's settled. Let us be off." As they walked out, they ran into Irene who was casually leaning against the wall waiting for them. She fell in with them but then turned to Merry. "I think it'd be for the best if we didn't let anyone know that you're Lord Randel's daughter. It could cause a sticky situation later on if it was accidentally revealed. Thoughts?"

Jack grinned at Merry. "Well then. That's settled. Let us be off." As they walked out, they ran into Irene who was casually leaning against the wall waiting for them. She fell in with them but then turned to Merry. "I think it'd be for the best if we didn't let anyone know that you're Lord Randel's daughter. It could cause a sticky situation later on if it was accidentally revealed. Thoughts?"

"Hm... probably for the best. But I still daresay I'd prefer to ride. I'll meet your men in the stables."

"Of course. We shall see you there." With that, the two of them left for the inn. Upon arriving, Jack called to the group. "We're heading out again. We're meeting with two others who will be joining us at the stables. Grab your stuff and lets go. We're leaving now."

"Yes sir, sergeant!" Ratter's obvious question made Jordan chuckle a little. "We always get paid. Why would this be any different?" He stood and stretched as he always did, ready to ride off to the city of Rhagant.

Jacob pushes the remnant of his drink away and stands up.

"So much for getting drunk. I suppose its better to be clear-headed for this type of thing, anyway."

He looks around.

"Oh, uh, is Bilbo still alive? He didn't seem to be doing too well after taking a mace to the gut."

"We'll be paid when we get back. Since our last mission didn't go too well, we've got traveling expenses for this one and that's it. If you want to complain, take it up with Lord Randel. He may be in bed, but I still wouldn't want to mess with him."

Those of you who can be bothered follow Jack and/or Irene to the stables.

As you step into the stables, you let out an involuntary gasp as you come face to face with the most horrific monster you've ever seen in your life. A massive creature slightly larger than even a wolf, with long, clublike legs set on powerful haunches, and a sleek white mane over a leathery light brown body. It snorts at you as you approach, and you leap back a step. It gnashes its teeth at you, but seems content to keep you at a distance.

Felix screams like a girl and punches the stupid beast right in its stupid nose before screaming again at the beast's return scream and bolting.

[spoiler=ooc]author's note: it can be assumed that literally every moment i'm sleeping felix is following jordan and/or drinking

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Tordel had followed, the strange beast was rather confusing. It was like a cow, but more atheletic? It was far too vicious though, what sorcery was it?

"Is it some kind of cow from the devil? In all my years of farming, I've never seen such a creature."

Felix calmed down with a small whimper and clambered to his feet distinctly behind the rest of the group. His eyes never left the beast save for a quick flick to Jordan while the younger man spoke.