How good/bad were you when you played your first FE game?

Gold Vanguard

Being honest, I was crap. When I first played POR I was a total "noob". I'd let units die without knowing the consequences. I'd miss hidden characters and items. Worst of all............I would let the Jeigans steal all the EXP. but thanks to FAQs and many game overs I've harden my skills.

Edited by Royal Guard

I was decent in FE9, though I killed off Jill, Tanith, and Zihark after I got all three somewhere. Since that was my first playthrough of any FE, I usually soloed the game with characters I thought looked cool (In FE8, I pretty much only used the twins, Vanessa, Ross, Joshua, and Marisa.) or looked really cute (In FE7, it was literally a Rebecca solo.). :P

Thank God my playstyle is largely different, since I usually gun for LTC.

Edited by ZM456

I was kinda reliant on guides when I started playing FE. Nowadays, if anything, I would only need a guide for hidden treasure.

I also killed Boyd in my first playthrough of PoR. I've gotten better since then, but I'm still prone to mistakes every now and then. (Then again, who isn't?)

My first FE was FE7. In Lyn's Mode, I did alright but there were probably casualties. I don't recall who I had lost without bothering to reset for them. When Wallace showed up I let him solo the last two maps which was slooooow but easy. In Eliwood mode, Matthew died pretty early so I had no idea about the scene with Leila. I gave up on that file for whatever reason with casualties all over the place and I used Marcus a little TOO much for my liking. I restarted and my next playthrough only got Dorcas and Canas killed off permanently (Dorcas on Whereabouts Unknown, Canas on Light). After that I would just reset, even for the chumps I didn't care for. I'm better now, though I'm not the best. I went from the extremes of benching/unarmed meatshielding the early game paladin to using them efficiently to clear objectives that no one else would be able to pull off.

Let's see... My first game was FE7, so I didn't fail thaaat much. Yet, I've:

- Left all Lords underleveled

- Left the main lord as a sitting duck and paid attention only to Hector.

- Used Dorcas and promoted him when he was only Level 12.

- Soloed maps with Marcus, Isadora, Hawkeye, Pent, Louise and all other prepromotes.

- Benched the pegasus sisters because I didn't like frail units and I couldn't level them up properly

- Never thought too much about efficiency

- Rarely supported units and rarely put them together for bonuses

- Paid that fortune teller and followed her almost completely inaccurate instructions.

- Let Marcus die once

- Let Lowen die once

- Let my units be underleveled and unpromoted up to chapter 26.

I don't remember how well I play FE11. Usually I take my time cause I'm trying to play it safe before I make an action. But I remember when I started chapter one that I didn't have Jagen because I used him as a decoy.

lets see first run on fe7 i did pretty well i was very defensive active team was always balanced in level (though only among my active team) i played favorites a lot so after the early chapters i stopped needing to play defensive as everyone was an over leveled death machine through arena abuse and i was also obsessive about keeping all my units alive

my team was

eliwood

hector

lyn

erk

priscilla

raven

heath

rath

kent

geitz

i would say i was a 6/10

now i would call myself an 8or9/10, i may suck at ltc but my playstyle is effective as i rarely have any deaths and so long as there arent rapeforcements or turn limits it works well

My first FE was 8 and I was REALLY bad when I played. I didn't even beat it the first time through on easy, and Soloed most of the game with Seth but he died on the chapter or two before the last one so I was left with Ephraim, Eirika, and Myrrh, I think. Needless to say, even on easy that didn't work out very well at my age.

FE8 was my first game. I literally tried to use everyone so my team was really underleveled, and I had to restart chapters alot. I never let anyone permanently die. I think Ephriam capped everything but Luck.

My first time was with FE8 and actually went really well. I didn't hold back Seth and actually got decent turncounts. However, I did have one character (Knoll I think?) die due to a 3% crit and didn't recruit Rennac.

The second time was FE9 and it went horrible. I made the mistake of listening to the "prepromotes are EVIL!!!" crowd and thus didn't use Titania at all. I also didn't touch forges, BEXP and failed to recuit several characters. I think a bunch of people died as well.

I stuck Eliwood in a corner, never used Hector, and Lyn was the solution to all my problems. I also didn't believe in healers and thought Ninian was a piece of crap.

....draw your own conclusions from that.

My first was FE7 and my young self spammed Marcus just to see what he promoted to... You can imagine how horrid the rest of my team was as a result of this. :P

I was also brokenhearted that he could not promote. </3

Edited by eCut

My team by Final;

7/2 Eirika

Ephraim

Myrrh

Tethys

~16/16 Hero Gerik

GK Forde

Duessel

Innes

Rogue Colm

Seth

20/1 Assassin Marisa (promoted at and died in final)

20/0 Myrmidon Joshua (died in final)

20/0 Fighter Garcia (only survivor who didn't go to final)

My first game was FE7. I pretty much had Marcus, Pent, Jaffar, and Eliwood destroy the entire game for me, and also used Wallace and Vaida for some reason (and remember thinking Vaida was super strong because I thought she'd have the uber spear, but then realized she didn't and was disappoint). Thought Hector was the worst of all the lords, thought Oswin and the pegasus knights was unusable, killed Dart, Heath, Guy, and every other recruitable character. Oh and Sain died for some reason. And if we're talking about turn counts...it's embarrassing how long it took me turn-wise to beat that game lol.

Well, I had to completely restart Lyn mode. Do I need to add anything else?

...Well, I figured that units would only be absent temporary since they all get dialogue after the chapter, which states that they are merely injured, so I just kept going. By the time I caught on, my team was pretty small.

Also when I meet Guy, I didn't know how to recruit someone. In Lyn's mode, it was only done briefly and it was scripted anyway.

What I did remember was, that units talked to each other when they were fighting. So I put Matthew into his attack range.

That's part of the tutorial's problem: It's misleading.

Edited by BrightBow

I did pretty well other than the few deaths here and there but I always reset the game if that happened. NO MAN LEFT BEHIND! Except for Rebecca on the last chapter of my first playthrough since I just wanted to beat the game already.

I'm sorry Rebecca. ;~;

Embarrassingly bad.

One run through Lyn's story, I ended up with only Lyn, Wallace and 1~2 of the following: [Wil - Nils - One of the horse riders]

Then there was the time I spammed Marcus and joyfully promoted characters from level 10 not realizing it would stunt their potential so much.

Oh, and then there was the time I thought Mercenaries promoted to Myrmidons and Soldiers to Knights. (Although in FE2 both of these promotion lines are actually correct, but at the time I wasn't aware of Gaiden being a thing) I thought that the Tactician was supposed to be Marth and that the name Eliwood was a nonsensical Woolseyism of Roy (or perhaps the reverse scenario?). I also remember being distinctly disappointed that the Tactician couldn't fight alongside his/her soldiers before immediately forgetting about it when my role was outlined in some semblance of a cooler-sounding way.

Of course, I'm better now, but... I will still shamelessly arena/tower/skirmish abuse to get favorite units up to higher levels/promotion, especially Ests.

Edited by Starlight36

My first FE game was FE7 and boy, did I suck the first time I played. I spammed Marcus, promoted units at 10, didn't recruit everyone, and everyone in my army, except the lords and Athos, died.