Levin has a sad life

Bookoostrikes

Levin had a pretty crappy life if you ask me. Perhaps the saddest of them all

He had the task and pressure of becoming the king of Silesia. His relatives were jealous and were about to cause some ruckus over the inheritance of the throne. He probably didn't want any casualties or the civilians involved, so him being the bigger man left all he had to save his homeland, only for it to fall into chaos. His wife Fury (I'm doing canon pairings) died of an unknown illness. He left his wife and kids for reasons discussed by him and Fury, (Maybe they fought, or maybe Levin was traveling the continent to look for the cure, so he didn't tell his children so they wouldn't worry.) but along his unknown journey, he got ambushed and killed. He got revived by Sety at the cost of some of his memories. (Maybe his intentions of the journey were lost and thus why he acted so cold to his children about Fury) He managed to get Sety and Fee to hate him and not to mention he left everything again to start another new life.

In my perspective, I feel really bad for him and he had a pretty terrible life.

Brb, might be making a fanfic.

Edited by Bookoostrikes

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiltyu, definetly yes.

^This.

----

And it does seem that his memory was wiped clean. Why else would he forget all about Fury? x.x

I always assumed that Holsety pretty much wiped out Levin's old personality/goals in life/priorities, and replaced it with "Ensure that the Lopt Empire falls, and do nothing but that". Levin doesn't really care about his past life anymore because it's completely insignificant on a grand scale. He's still minorly affected by elements from it that unexpectedly befall him though, because it still was a part of him, just completely minimized in favor of a more grandiose, but static, purpose.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I always did wanted to know what his ambitions were when he left Fury and the kids.

I never thought of Yuria, Diadora and Altenna having a pretty terrible life. Diadora had 1 year of happiness, then got her memories wiped out, then had more happiness with Alvis, then died. Yuria although was left on the brink of death, she was under the care of Levin and did get to rule the kingdom with Celice (I believe) and Altenna didn't know about her parents tragic death, until she was an adult, to which the news wasn't too tragic for her.

But, Leaf Cuan and his wife did have it hard, but that's another story.

(Assuming big friggin spoilers are by this point in the thread implied to be everywhere, beware you guys what haven't played the game)

While I agree it's a pity and wouldn't trade places with Levin or anything, not a whole lot of Gen I doesn't get a bum deal, to be sure. Levin gets revenge, or even if his memory is gone at least fulfillment of his goal, in his favor. Though to be fair having one's sense of self destroyed is a pretty shit deal, so I can't say he got off easy, either, yeah.

I think it's kind of funny how Levin changes, and yet doesn't. He's pretty much the biggest "free spirit" type in the whole game during the first half, right? At least on the surface, his internal conflict about being prince etc notwithstanding. Then he gets his shit slapped by the fucking dragon god of wind so hard that he turns into arguably the most dedicated, selfless-to-a-fault (like seriously, actually kind of a sizable fault) and single-minded person on the side of the heroes.

And yet he's still traveling all over the place and being not-exactly-great dad material. He just happens to know what he's doing now, and he goes from being kinda self-centered (not to put him down too hard, but he wasn't exactly quick to deny it IIRC) to the farthest thing from it.

Not to pile it on him too thick, but he didn't look like the best dad-to-be ever before Holsety either. :p Shame he didn't really have a chance to prove himself there.

Edited by Rehab

I always did wanted to know what his ambitions were when he left Fury and the kids.

I never thought of Yuria, Diadora and Altenna having a pretty terrible life. Diadora had 1 year of happiness, then got her memories wiped out, then had more happiness with Alvis, then died. Yuria although was left on the brink of death, she was under the care of Levin and did get to rule the kingdom with Celice (I believe) and Altenna didn't know about her parents tragic death, until she was an adult, to which the news wasn't too tragic for her.

But, Leaf Cuan and his wife did have it hard, but that's another story.

Well Diadora give birth to a monster who finally kill her. That's not exactly what I'll call a happy life...

And Yuria... She have an impossible love story with her half brother and is then brainwashed by Manfroy... That's not the best thing either...

Ishtar also have a pretty shitty life, in fact...

All her family is killed by the Heroes and her lover is Evil Incarnate...

My this game is really depressing...

Vegeta hugged Trunks once

Once

I forget what Levin's expressed views actually were about marriage and shit, if he had any, but anyway

Only thing we know about Levin concerning love is he think's Pegasus knights are hot.

Simply put, everyone got the shit stick in this game. I feel more sorry for the Tordo and Neir bloodine, as they can't preserve the major bloodline without incest,

Inb4 Lackshe x Johan

Um.

Not quite the worst.

Tiltyu.

Holy fuck

I still think Tinny is worse than Tiltyu. Aless had a pretty crappy life too. And Leen. And Leaf. Yuria doesn't even earn her happy ending.

FE4 is full of tragic characters, seriously. The game is so darkmooded, I think that is why I love it so much.