Best Movie of the Year?

Gone2Ground

Well Avengers led to Thor led to me reading the entire 40 something years worth of Thor comics and spending way too much money on Thor stuff so

And I haven't done that for any other movie

For me personally it wins

Edited by Zhuge Liang

Django Unchained has yet to hit my theater so i cannot make a judgment until i see that one. (Ive been looking forward to new Tarantino for some time.)

Avengers, Wreck-It Ralph, Prometheus, Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit...those are the ones getting my vote so far.

Prometheus. Other good movies were The Hunger Games, The Hobbit, Avengers Assemble, and The Dark Knight Rises.

To be honest, while these movies were all good, I don't really count any of them as great.

I didn't see much this year, but Wreck-It Ralph would get my vote. I found The Dark Knight Rises and Thor rather disappointing, though I did like Avengers more than I thought I would.

Thor was a 2011 movie.

As someone who doesn't go to the movies very often, Lincoln gets my vote.

Ooh, I still need to go see that.

On another note, seriously? Did no-one else see Chronicle back in Feburary?

It is on Netflix now, you have no excuse to not watch it. I personally found it amazing.

It is on Netflix now, you have no excuse to not watch it. I personally found it amazing.

Crap, I forgot about that movie. Probably my second favorite film of 2012.

I saw that. It was good but not fantastic. Just..good.

Wow. You guys were impressed with Hunger Games? I uhh really want what it is youre having cuz that movie was like "yeah...ok...cool...moving on." At least for me.

I really, really enjoyed the Avengers. The whole movie was pretty invigorating and snappy paced that the length of the movie just zoomed by.

Second favourite is probably ParaNorman. I hope it wins best animated movies come awards season, but there were a lot of quality animated films this year such as Brave, The Pirates: Band of Misfits, Frankenweenie, The Secret World of Arrietty (would this count despite coming out in 2010 in Japan...?), Wreck-It Ralph, and Rise of the Guardians.

Avengers, I don't think it's movie of the year for me. Yes, it had lots of action, super-hero awesomness, but it wasn't anything that really moved me. Dark Knight Rises, was good, but it felt like such a drop from the Dark Knight. It tried to overcomplicate the situation, it didn't feel like it was about the detective anymore, it went a few steps too big and ended up being like all the other super hero movies, just action and drama. Still, I liked it better than the Avengers. I was impressed with Skyfall, although it certainly wasn't a classic Bond movie, it was still pretty good. It was very emotional and dark, a really nice touch. The Hobbit, to me, was the best film I've seen this year. It's no LOTR, but it was definitely a great movie, I fell in love with Middle-Earth again.

The Hunger Games is overrated as a series. It just gets more ridiculous with each book, although not quite to Eragon levels, and the film didn't really do anything for me.

If I wanted to read about teenagers killing each other I'll stick to Battle Royale, thanks

I almost forgot about the Hunger Games, aka, "next Twilight". It wasn't too bad, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype. It was frankly disappointing, and if I wanted to see young teens die, I'd play Fire Emblem 6.

I really, really enjoyed the Avengers. The whole movie was pretty invigorating and snappy paced that the length of the movie just zoomed by.

Second favourite is probably ParaNorman. I hope it wins best animated movies come awards season, but there were a lot of quality animated films this year such as Brave, The Pirates: Band of Misfits, Frankenweenie, The Secret World of Arrietty (would this count despite coming out in 2010 in Japan...?), Wreck-It Ralph, and Rise of the Guardians.

Oh my gawds i loved ParaNorman. Frankenweenie was good too. (but ParaNorman whooped its ass.) Secret World of Arrietty is a wonderful movie. Pirates! was good fun. Rise of the Guardians is one i didnt see. And i didnt really want to. It seemed kinda meh.

The Hunger Games is overrated as a series. It just gets more ridiculous with each book, although not quite to Eragon levels, and the film didn't really do anything for me.

If I wanted to read about teenagers killing each other I'll stick to Battle Royale, thanks

You are my spirit animal. And the Inheritance Cycle is a large amount of ass with wings. Im really glad the rest of that series was not adapted for screen. (and yes. I found the Hunger Games way too overrated and Battle Royale with fluff. The movie wasnt bad but it wasnt good enough to get me interested in the book series.)