[Help!] The forum I like won't respond to my posts (´・ω・`)

Lord of Gabriel Knight

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Merc =/= Mercenary Lord

One is a boob mug spriter (for the most part), the other does battle sprites.

I'd say "ref Sonia," but that's possibly the worst advice anyone could ever give. Do you mind posting things at normal zoom? It's kind of hard to give crit when everything is zoomed in.

Doesn't feel FE style to me, mostly because of the dark outlines on everything. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a FE sprite that uses the border color as often. Echoing L95, the hair is also not really feeling right. It's very stylized, chunks of hair galore, and the middle hair shade is a bit light. Her mouth being black is kind of bizarro too, is it open? Does she have black lipstick on her top lip? I don't really know what's going on there, FE style would usually portray open mouths as that darkish skin tone rather than black. I would say that the shoulders are kinda broad for a FEmale too but I refuse to complain about any realistic proportions people want to use XD

That said, if you're not really shooting for FE style then none of the things I said apply and I really do like this when I'm not trying to look at it through that Fire Emblem styled lens. A general suggestion in that case too, FE or not, maybe make the near arm stick out a bit more and raise it some? Like she has a hand on her hip. The angle of her head and shoulders would make sense if she was posed like that.

I hadn't noticed this thread before, so general comments on what I liked most (because I'm too lazy to comment on every one that I liked);

-On your first one, the Claria sprite is really, really good.

-Also pantsless Marth is the best. Not to knock the rest of the animation, I like how some of it is similar to his FE1 animation.

-Freya was really good too!

-The female mercenary was pretty rad too, since it was a female version of one of my favorite animations (not really being fair to how different it actually is, but SO LAZY). :p

-And Arm cannon General is top tier!

Okay. So I'm not good with textual pointers but I will try my best.

Your form is great for FC, but just not your shading.

Overall you use too much border line color, you should reduce that and start using more of third shades.

Shading is very chunky and pillowy. And that is bad for spriting. So! You should probably reference GBA sprite itself for shading.

You should also start to anti-alias so that sprite can look more smooth.

Good luck!

I'm sorry I tried ;A;