HM 155 turns

Chiki

If you really want to BS luck you can do it in 4 turns.

Guess your patience wore out.

Yep. Though that could take weeks since I'd have to Wrath kill every Bandit on turn 2, then rig two crits in a row on the boss.

Chapter 1 - 4 turns

No Hand Axe, unfortunately, because my Edward was at a relatively lower level and couldn't Wrath-kill the Hand Axe fighter guarding an escape tile by himself (I also had to restart till I got a 25 HP and 6 def fighter). I don't know how that is going to affect me later on.

The first 3 turns are all about positioning. On the last turn, Edward Wrath-crits a fighter in front of the Hand Axe fighter, and Nolan and Leonardo gang up on him. Micaiah escapes.

Edited by Aeine

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />Agreed. I know it's probably a lot to ask, but videos would b awesome, if you have the stuff to get them.
I have my phone, which obviously isn't good enough... Though I could take photos of important moments in a chapter if you guys like.

Also, this run is on hiatus for a few days or a week because I just broke my Wii while at my friend's house. I'll look for a recorder in the mean time.

Edited by Olwen

If your phone has a good enough camera and you can find a decent place to keep it steady (for my PT I mounted my phone on a bunch of books and kept it on landscape) then you should be fine. Needs to be charged pretty often though.

• 2 weeks later...

Using a phone or camcorder or other external recording device is a terrible idea. At the very least, get a capture card and you can record directly to a computer, or a DVD recorder works fine too. Let's see some actual good quality videos, there's nothing more off-putting than crappy camcorder attempts.

Repaired my Wii--using a webcam till I go back to America and am able to buy a capture card.

I managed to get a Hand Axe on this try thanks to two misses on Nolan, which was cool. The misses aren't necessary unless you want the Hand Axe.

Edited by Aeine

Thanks!

NOTE: The videos I post are merely strategies--in my playthrough, I'm likely to do additional attempts to get some better level-ups.

Video removed.

Edited by Olwen

Why don't you have Leo shove Micaiah on turn 1 so she can chip the fighter before Nolan climbs the ledge?

No reason. Both work just fine.

I just redid Chapter 1-2 to get the Energy Drop in 5 turns--strategy took me a few hours to figure out.

The new idea of this strategy is to lure an Archer with Leonardo on turn 3, so Laura doesn't get killed on turn 4.

Edited by Olwen

Can't get Aran in 4 turns. If anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know.

Both transfers Sothe and Ilyana are required for a 4 turn. I also made a mistake in turn 3 when I removed Sothe, not taking advantage of his support with Micaiah to boost her avoid. Fortunately the Hand Axe Bandit missed anyway.

Edited by Olwen

Most LTCs promote Jill at this point, but I didn't feel the need to. Completed in 3 turns:

1-6-2 is uploading right now; managed a 2-turn with unpromoted Jill.

Edited by Olwen

Chapter 1-9 completed in 4 turns: That's a gigantic 4-turn cut from my previous playthrough and probably the biggest by far this run will ever get!

I'm sending Celerity, Savior, Pass, Paragon and Resolve to the GMs it seems. I won't be recruiting Heather in this playthrough, so the GM needs Pass. I believe I can 2-turn 3-13 without Pass, so it should be alright.

Jill isn't even using Paragon for 3-6: She's using Beastfoe, so the GMs would make better use of Paragon. By the time she's promoted in 3-12 to third tier, she isn't even going to want Paragon.

Ilyana's inventory:

Blue Gem

Hammer

Celerity

Pass

Paragon

Resolve

Adept

Hammer

Savior (as a skill)

Edited by Olwen

Part 1 completed in 50 turns! I managed to 5-turn 1-E. Uploading the video on Youtube is going to take around an hour.

1-P: 5 turns
1-1: 4 turns
1-2: 5 turns
1-3: 4 turns
1-4: 4 turns
1-5: 6 turns
1-6-1: 3 turns
1-6-2: 2 turns
1-7: 4 turns
1-8: 4 turns
1-9: 4 turns
1-E: 5 turns
Total: 50 turns

This is really impressive. Excellent job. I'm curious to see what you did for 1-E if Ilyana took Pass already, always thought that was pretty much essential to clear some of the later ledges.

Would Thani help at all with the bexp needed for Micaiah for 1-9? I'm guessing not, since she gets plenty of magic anyway, but I recall being able to get that in a 5 turn clear of 1-2. Although it has been a while, maybe it wasn't actually 5 turns.

This is really impressive. Excellent job. I'm curious to see what you did for 1-E if Ilyana took Pass already, always thought that was pretty much essential to clear some of the later ledges.

Would Thani help at all with the bexp needed for Micaiah for 1-9? I'm guessing not, since she gets plenty of magic anyway, but I recall being able to get that in a 5 turn clear of 1-2. Although it has been a while, maybe it wasn't actually 5 turns.

Thanks. And nope, a forged Light tome has the same might as Thani.

Edited by Olwen