H5 Warpless Efficiency Log

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should promote first (after Shiida)

Well, he'd help kill the priests quicker, especially if you had someone else to Swarm Spam alongside him (say, the person you threw all those Spirit Dusts onto).

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see it coming that ballisticians would be in demand as high as they seem to be becoming in this run.

Getting Beck +str levels still sounds like it's going to be hard though, even with all Energy Rin... Oh right, buyable stat boosters in the lategame. I suppose that decides it then. Do you have enough money to strength max both Jake and Beck? That way you get three siege attackers per turn.

yeah theres no way both of them will get enough experience and they both have pretty bad growths

i'm just planning on using beck since he has a higher strength base haha. Even if he doesn't get max strength he should be close by endgame

if i gave gotoh a shitton of energy drops he might damage medeus but I don't think I can even give him statboosters since he's not in the prep screen

if I somehow got lena to B tomes it could be a thing, and im pretty sure the clerics have like uber resistance, so swarm wouldn't help kill them, I could have Jake and Beck kill them on turn 1 with the pachyforge though, even base Jake might OHKO them with a megaforge

also i thought the reinforcements would show up in chapter 16 but apparently they dont show till turn 11 -.-

so there's really not many enemies to kill, although I might be able to arena for a few turns

theoretically if i had a max strength Jake and Beck and a swarmer that could do 8 damage I could 1 turn lol

Edited by General Horace

yeah theres no way both of them will get enough experience and they both have pretty bad growths

i'm just planning on using beck since he has a higher strength base haha. Even if he doesn't get max strength he should be close by endgame

if i gave gotoh a shitton of energy drops he might damage medeus but I don't think I can even give him statboosters since he's not in the prep screen

if I somehow got lena to B tomes it could be a thing, and im pretty sure the clerics have like uber resistance, so swarm wouldn't help kill them, I could have Jake and Beck kill them on turn 1 with the pachyforge though, even base Jake might OHKO them with a megaforge

also i thought the reinforcements would show up in chapter 16 but apparently they dont show till turn 11 -.-

so there's really not many enemies to kill, although I might be able to arena for a few turns

theoretically if i had a max strength Jake and Beck and a swarmer that could do 8 damage I could 1 turn lol

Then you could aim towards a 2 turn with Beck, Lena Swarmer and Xane Beck? Also, damn, those are very late reinforcements in Ch16 :/

man actually a one turn might still be possible

beck/jake need a combined 44 strength, and with their base strength + 5 energy rings it leaves 23 strength procs, and they both gain exp insanely fast and have a level 30 level cap

I'm kind of tempted to go for it and start to feed more kills to ballisticians, but I might need to be a bit generous with their strength growths to make this possible

Getting 30 magic Lena won't be a problem I don't think, she effectively already has 21 magic with promogains and spirit dusts

thoughts?

I say go for it. You have saves; utilise them to get str level-ups for the ballisticians. It doesn't look like your melee combatants require any special treatment (since you're not in a rush to promote any of them after Shiida).

Isn't it 45 str for the ballisticians by the way? I checked the calcs and Medeus stays alive with 1 HP otherwise (didn't spend much time on it so I could be wrong).

doesn't medeus only have 25 def if you use the lightsphere? and obviously you only need to hit 45 + 15, which cuts down on the number of str level ups needed to 20.

maybe you should train up another swarm user. wrys beckons!

Edited by dondon151

as a result catria will probably hit the bench since I don't think she'll be that useful

Ogma might as well too make space for the all powerful WRYSSSSSSS

Edited by General Horace

as a result catria will probably hit the bench since I don't think she'll be that useful

Ogma might as well too make space for the all powerful WRYSSSSSSS

Yeah, I think Palla is enough. Catria just doesn't have a lot of ways to get exp in LTC aside from chapter 15, and even then, she's outclassed by Palla and her silver.

And I wasnt sure why you were still using Ogma.

Edited by PKL

Yeah, I think Palla is enough. Catria just doesn't have a lot of ways to get exp in LTC aside from chapter 15, and even then, she's outclassed by Palla and her silver.

I think you're overstating the importance of Silvers. Catria can use Ridersbane, which is generally fine enough. Like I have Abel with B Lances and I literally have never given him Silver Lances. Also you only get around 2 IIRC and just buying them is kind of a drain on your wallet (Jeigan/Hardin make the best use of them early on). Also whenever Catria starts doubling (I haven't gotten past Chapter 15, but the Cavaliers tended to have around 10ish Spd in the earlier maps IIRC?) she'll be wrecking Palla in damage output.

Eh, despite what I said, I think they function pretty similarly, they're just more Ridersbane users who happen to have good combat against other things, with Catria having better combat generally (although Palla beats her at things they can both easily double) and Palla being a better Ridersbane user.

I guess what I'm saying is probably shouldn't use both and I don't really have a problem with Horace using only Palla, welp. I just don't see how Palla can really invalidate Catria in any way (minerva'salsobetterthanbothofthem).

EDIT MORE IMPORTANTLY, Horace what music did you use for Ch. 15?

Edited by Refa

Silvers are actually really bro when bursting down non cavs, but yeah they're more of a luxury than a necessity

and music uh let me actually find the name its somewhere in my DRIVING MUSIC folder

here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EptSSXNHIfg

unless you mean DOOMSDAY ZONE but I highly doubt it

Edited by General Horace

Yeah, that was a really good song.

Also actually I realized they both get weighed down by a bunch of things till like 10Str, and Silver Lance happens to not be one of those things, so I may just be really sandbagging Palla or something lol (I think her other benefits include more HIT which is nice?).

Also that song was grate, thanks for da link.

EDIT Wait, did I just say the same thing twicedammit.

Edited by Refa

Perhaps i'll include more songs from them in the future, I don't generally go out of my vgm folder for videos since people are like RAGE YOUR MUSIC SUCKS but I guess its something so generalized it should be ok

and i've done chapter 16 now, any guesses on how many levels the ballisticians got accumulatively?

Great music deserves twice the praise!

What sort of forges have you been making? Are there any weapons without effective bonuses that are particularly good to forge? I personally like making Iron Axes with +6 Mt or so since they're so cheap and have 40 uses, but does going LTC make these simple forges not cost-effective?

Maybe 6 levels altogether for Jake and Beck.

Horace did a +1 Silver Lance forge so someone could OHKO a mage, it was fucking awesome.

All of his other forges were effective I think but never forget the +1 Mt Silver Lance forge.

Perhaps i'll include more songs from them in the future, I don't generally go out of my vgm folder for videos since people are like RAGE YOUR MUSIC SUCKS but I guess its something so generalized it should be ok

and i've done chapter 16 now, any guesses on how many levels the ballisticians got accumulatively?

Also, I'm testing my Lena just now on Medeus with the Lightsphere (which is stupid because it has no effect but WHATEVER) since I have an endgame file of H5, lucky you. Sadly, Jake was fodder and I sold pachyderm so no luck there.

My Lena: Level 20/10 Sage

28 HP 3 Str 23 Mag 15 Skl 19 Spd 25 Lck 5 Def 19 Res

Tome A Staff A

does 8 damage to Medeus with Swarm. So, assuming 30 mag, she can definetely deal a huge chunk of damage to Medeus on her own. Her displayed hit is 70 and my Lena has like no skill.

EDIT: Mashing fortify more than me could help a lot. Though I don't think you're gonna get the Hammerne...

EDIT 2: His stats are definetely 25 (+2 from throne) and 23 res after he transforms. That 0 luck could also be exploited.

Edited by PKL

Great music deserves twice the praise!

What sort of forges have you been making? Are there any weapons without effective bonuses that are particularly good to forge? I personally like making Iron Axes with +6 Mt or so since they're so cheap and have 40 uses, but does going LTC make these simple forges not cost-effective?

Maybe 6 levels altogether for Jake and Beck.

So for, from what I remember i've forged:

2 +4MT Wing Spears

1 +4MT Hammer

1 +4MT Arrowspate

1 +3MT Ridersbane

1 +1MT Silver Lance

aaand I think that's it so far.

future forget might include +?? hit stoneheist, +??MT Wyrmslayer/Dragonpikes and i'll definately be forging another Wing Spear, as well as the aforementioned +10 MT Pachyderm

and YEAH +1 MT silver lance forge was mvp I just did it because I didn't want to figure things out a better way

Edited by General Horace

Refa- I've done worse. In my H2 Playthrough, I forged a Steel Lance 1 MT just so I didn't have to restart as often in Chapter 3 because a DK could proc def and was making recording more difficult!

Also, Horace, read the above ;(