High school is killing me...

Ooh I think we have so many classes that people still take higher math if they had calculus before senior year.

Yeah probably the longer you stay here the easier it'll be to be able to tell...

All I ever said I knew was that I knew he was a guy though... Or are you just speculating that I knew... "other things"? Because I don't remember saying anything else XD

I think being a moderator sounds like no fun =<

They keep an eye on posters and make sure they're adhering to the rules. Trolling isn't exactly against the rules, but it boils down to more specific things like if people are going off topic in sections that they shouldn't or if people post any inappropriate content.

I think they do more than that though but I wouldn't know since I've never moderated a forum before~ But I would prefer to keep it that way... I don't think I'd be good at being a mod anyway x3

You must've gone to a pretty good school if it offered classes beyond calculus... Check that. You must've gone to an excellent school if it offered such classes.

"Other things" -- I think that's it. You didn't say anything else. It was just my mind working... XD But, eh, whatever...

And yeah, being moderator must be a lot of work... checking all those hundreds of threads, thousands of posts... That must take a lot of time. (Speaking of which, the moderators must have a lot of free time on their hands since they're able to do so great a task.)

As for moderating... Dunno, I think it'd be an... interesting experience.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't worked perfectly? I'd say it's more like failed completely.

yay, semantics

in all seriousness, have you got proof that the war on drugs (such as it is) has actually driven more people to use drugs? I'm honestly curious.

You must've gone to a pretty good school if it offered classes beyond calculus... Check that. You must've gone to an excellent school if it offered such classes.

"Other things" -- I think that's it. You didn't say anything else. It was just my mind working... XD But, eh, whatever...

And yeah, being moderator must be a lot of work... checking all those hundreds of threads, thousands of posts... That must take a lot of time. (Speaking of which, the moderators must have a lot of free time on their hands since they're able to do so great a task.)

As for moderating... Dunno, I think it'd be an... interesting experience.

Well... my school does get super high ratings... What's the highest rating it can get? 4 stars? 5 stars? I just know some years it gets full star ratings.

Hmm... I see then XD

Well I don't think they have to read exactly everything... but I wouldn't know. It's just that there are many mods so they can keep an eye on the forum together! and they probably also go by reports that other users send.

They don't stay on like the entire day or anything either though.

I'd rather just talk at my leisure and not have to deal with warning others and whatnot. But also I'd be bad at it because I go too easy on people all the time x3 And I'm always super easily swayed so if I needed to contribute ideas or argue for them I wouldn't be able to at all~ Though still, I don't even fully know all that mods do...

Nah 1 kilo of coke (15000$) is a little larger than a shoebox and a zip of weed (200$) is the size of a large Ziploc bag. Hence the name "zip." It's pretty easy to smuggle that stuff. Also is it illegal?!?!? Well....

I remember freshman year of college there was a bust in Lubbock, "they confiscated around 900 marijuana plants and found nearly $750,000. Authorities also seized five homes, ten guns, four vehicles and a boat." How big of a hit did this take on the college pot scene? Little to none. And look how many fucks that guy whos going to prison for 10 years to life gives xD.

13652610_BG1.jpg

"Lol I'm going to jail, possibly forever guys"

Hasn't worked perfectly? I'd say it's more like failed completely.

Dunno, is it illegal? I just assumed drug dealing was illegal... And you said "smuggle." Aren't you implying that sending the drugs over borders is against the law...? ...well, that's how I understood it.

And only ten years for dealing with drugs? (Especially for those huge amounts.)

Heck, in Kyrgyzstan (a small Central Asian country in the middle of nowhere), you could get 11 years for stealing a sheep... and the prison's there are much, much worse than those in America. (What's messed up about their judicial system is that for kidnapping a women and coercing her to marry you, you can get up to 5 years... or was it 10? Eh, either way, it's less than the sentence for stealing livestock. It's a messed up country, where sheep are more valuable than woman, HUMAN BEINGS! That goes against the 1948 Declaration of Human Rights... and their own constitution.)

I'm American too (Chinese naturalised, though), though my affinity for Shakespeare may have attributed from most of my reading materials in Chinese being also fairly classic stuff (like, 1500s literature) and it just carried over when I learned English, I dunno.

I can't really make sense of anything that's written in the 1800s, though. That shit's confusing.

@Furet: please don't even put down suggestions for people to smoke

more smokers means more headaches for me >____<

what if they end up going on my campus huh I feel nauseous when they're not even smoking but I can smell it on their clothes

Wait, was it simplified? Or not? What you were implying was that you were reading the original text... which I did last year for Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet.

I don't like smoke either... :(

Oh, and just out of curiosity, what kind of English did you learn? British?

Naturalised. (British English?)

Naturalized (American English)

Or was that just a typo? XD

frankly I'm failing to see the point in you making the comment

America has a war on drugs, the Netherlands does not. America has a problem with drugs, the Netherlands does not.

:?

EDIT: the only "irony" I can see (note: it isn't actually irony) is that the war on drugs hasn't worked perfectly

I think it's in the realm of irony that your country spends so much on drug prevention yet seems to achieve so little of it.

Well... my school does get super high ratings... What's the highest rating it can get? 4 stars? 5 stars? I just know some years it gets full star ratings.

Hmm... I see then XD

Well I don't think they have to read exactly everything... but I wouldn't know. It's just that there are many mods so they can keep an eye on the forum together! and they probably also go by reports that other users send.

They don't stay on like the entire day or anything either though.

I'd rather just talk at my leisure and not have to deal with warning others and whatnot. But also I'd be bad at it because I go too easy on people all the time x3 And I'm always super easily swayed so if I needed to contribute ideas or argue for them I wouldn't be able to at all~ Though still, I don't even fully know all that mods do...

I don't know either... XD

Eh, it must be pretty good, though.

Ah, well, after having to teach my younger siblings piano, I've learned how to be strict, so... I don't think that'd be hard. Plus, you probably don't know the people you warn... Just a polite nudge is all you're giving them. (If they continue to disobey rules, though... that could be a problem.)

And no, I didn't expect that they stay online all day... I'm assuming moderators, too, have lives, jobs, relationships, and whatnot. :)

I think it's in the realm of irony that your country spends so much on drug prevention yet seems to achieve so little of it.

frankly, if the war on drugs achieves *any* modicum of success then it is, by definition, not ironic

anyway,

in all seriousness, have you got proof that the war on drugs (such as it is) has actually driven more people to use drugs? I'm honestly curious.

you're free to provide the statistics if you'd like, I'm still actually curious

In Texas your allowed to shoot and kill someone for stealing your livestock. And he only got 10 because he was only selling pot. They throw the book at you for hard drugs.

o_O

I was always... interested in Texas and their laws on firearms. (My aforementioned Texan friends mentioned something about shooting someone who infringes on your property... or something like that. I was like, "Wow.")

My goodness, I never want to participate in criminal activities, no matter how desperate I become...

10 years for only selling pot. *phew*

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

556px-US_incarceration_rate_timeline.gif

Dunno, but maybe this'll say something, Integrity and Daigoji Excellen.

(I had no idea that there was a "war on drugs" until now... I just know about the war on terrorism...)

Here's a link of a small number of stats... (a small, small number...) It looks really outdated, though...

(I just noticed this...a gram of cocaine costs insane amounts of money... ouch.)

@Furetchen

I did read it out loud... with my mom. It helped, but it was still hard... I don't like classical English. It's too hard to understand. (I wonder if people will say that about our English several hundred years in the future...)

That's meaningless outside of context. Could mean more people are dealing, could alternatively mean more are being caught.

Yeah, I guess... I was just throwing random stuff out there.

Really, I have no knowledge whatsoever on this "War on Drugs."

I just googled it, nothing more.

Wait, was it simplified? Or not? What you were implying was that you were reading the original text... which I did last year for Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet.

I don't like smoke either... :(

Oh, and just out of curiosity, what kind of English did you learn? British?

Naturalised. (British English?)

Naturalized (American English)

Or was that just a typo? XD

Yep, original text.

I type in British English because my significant other's country uses that and I prefer British English anyway, but I learned American English first. Kinda like how in school back in China we learned simplified Chinese characters but I taught myself traditional 'cuz I just liked it better.

@Thor Odinson

Cool.

I don't know enough British English to be able to use it...

I just know a few vocab differences... and spelling differences... most of the spelling differences.

Well, I never learned Chinese, so... can't say much about it.

Actually, I can. I learned Korean and Japanese, so I know a bit about the Chinese characters and stuff... not Chinese itself, though.

frankly, if the war on drugs achieves *any* modicum of success then it is, by definition, not ironic

Trying to dictate what irony is frankly is the complete antithesis of irony and of sense; which means the dictation is antithetical to itself, because at the very least, if opposing sense, the embrasure of irony would be the natural recourse of the dictation under the weight of a crumbling foundation (and the dictation being under the foundation does actually make sense).

(I just noticed this...a gram of cocaine costs insane amounts of money... ouch.)

Man, do you know how far a gram of crack goes though? I sure don't! Probably don't want to get addicted, though.

Without context that proves the war on drugs is actually successful having been presented by those questioning whether evidence of its failure exists, but merely a constant recourse to the assumption that the proof given is inadequate, I have no idea why its success is being appraised rather than its value. Obviously, every person who believes the war on drugs has been effective believes it has been effective, every person who believes it has been a failure believes it has been a failure, and every person who does not know does not know, and every person in this topic who has discussed the war on drugs belongs within the third category whether they like it or not.

(Or, more directly, why it is being discussed.)

British English is king.

Or queen currently.

Tobacco is king (esp that Virginia tabac!).

Cotton is king.

Wheat is king.

Corn is king.

Peanuts are king.

The king is dead, long live the king!

Rutabaga time.

Edited by Mouse

Trying to dictate what irony is frankly is the complete antithesis of irony and of sense; which means the dictation is antithetical to itself, because at the very least, if opposing sense, the embrasure of irony would be the natural recourse of the dictation under the weight of a crumbling foundation (and the dictation being under the foundation does actually make sense).

be that as it may sevvy-kins arguing with excellen is always an honorable pursuit

This is somewhat deraily (but short)

be that as it may sevvy-kins arguing with excellen is always an honorable pursuit

"Your honorable, I have no need of honor...[the noises of a voicebox enclosed by a compressed neck emit or ensue, assuming that such an image is physiologically sound when hands grasp round the next, choking noises should satisfy you otherwise]

!"

Dammit, what was I thinking of or reading recently that contained sentiments along those sentimental pursuits and lines...?

I think if I read everything I've posted on the internet in the past 3 days there's a 20% chance there will be a keyword match from wikipedia within 3 degrees of separation to it.

(that is actually related to my consultation of it or my recollection of it, an indistinct connection that maps an older journey).

"It...it....iiiiiitutututititutititititututuhtuhtuh......."

------------------

(not urey >:[ )

------------------

I dunno, it looks hopeless...(dot dot dot).......

dit dit dah

fuck it....will fuck it...telegraph operator

the last letter many will forget is it it ah, V for ?ititah?ictory,

d-d-dash it (m-maybe), take care, it-it-iteration, Fuck, tit tit tit!

I see...that it's not always wise to think you've been made to say what I don't think or want to! I've returned to the opinion oft my childhood: old men are no such gifts! We'd have the first man describe for you this event. They offer the least resistance to mouldering, or rather being molded (being made to decompose).

It's actually a conspiracy theory though where the government pretends that they're spending the money to prevent drugs but really they just buy a bunch of drugs themselves and get sold off to the hoods in various ways

EDIT: where not were but yeah you get it

Edited by Helios

It's actually a conspiracy theory though were the government pretends that they're spending the money to prevent drugs but really they just buy a bunch of drugs themselves and get sold off to the hoods in various ways

I hate you.

I hate it when people take things so seriously and get offended too easily.

I'm not serious whatsoever actually.

Helios should know this. I hadn't even read his post I just saw he was the last person to post here, clicked on the thread, quoted it and stated that joking around.

Also question.

Since i responded to helios and even quoted a post what logical thought process made you think i was offended or taking him seriously? He's talking about a conspiracy theory that involves the government and drugs.

What about that could i take seriously enough to be offended? How would that offend anyone?