Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

Another probably dumb question... Am I able to order this online or do I have to get it through a retail store?

Techninally both. you're able to order it online(i guess.) you can download it or buy it at whatever store sells it.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Techninally both. you're able to order it online(i guess.) you can download it or buy it at whatever store sells it.

I think he was talking about the bundle XD

So far, we only know that Gamestop is taking preorders for the bundle, according to Gardenia

So you guys are complaining that it's not an XL? With just a SLIGHTLY bigger screen?

You've got nothing on me then.

My3DSisbiggerthanyour3DSXLResized.jpg

[12:20:41 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): That's right.

[12:20:44 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): 3D TV

[12:20:47 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): with touch screen laptop

[12:20:50 PM] shadowofchaos725 (Rey): get at me bros.

O.O... I was pretty proud of my room... until I saw this and burned it in shame...

Srsly, I presume that setup is comprised of capture card+laptop to tv cord(s?)+3D tv? cuz I was wondering how I could play 3ds on my TV

I was at EB Games earlier and they don't have the preorders opened for the bundle. The associate there says the company just slap the sales on whenever it comes up. No bundle for Canadians. Yet.

What I plan on doing is getting the bundle and the physical copy of the game. That way I have more save slots.

I justify spending the extra money by considering the $200 is the price for the limited edition 3DS and it includes the game for free.

Now I don't know what to do. I already pre-ordered the game and I have a 3DS XL. I didn't think the bundle would be coming to America. They gotta start telling us these things sooner. At least announce the bundle when you announce pre-orders for the game so people can choose. I don't think I'm gonna get the U.S. bundle. I hate that the game is pre-installed. And I already have the Japanese bundle 3DS in addition to my US 3DS XL, so I can't find any way to justify spending $200 on something I don't need (I still can't believe I bought the Japanese one).

Oh, and that TV/laptop/capture card combo is making me so jealous. Can you actually make the 3DS top screen output 3D on a 3D TV? Because that would be awesome.

EDIT:

I'm probably a little late with this, but to chime in on the pronunciation of falchion: received pronunciation in the UK is /'fɔːlʃən/ (approximately FALL-shun). The word comes from the French "fauchon," and in French (and many French loan-words in English), "ch" is pronounced the way "sh" is pronounced in English. The /'fɔːltʃən/ (FALL-chun) pronunciation from the Wikipedia page is the American pronunciation. I, being an American, normally use American pronunciation for everything, but I always us the British pronunciation for this word (mainly because I learned the word from Fire Emblem).

EDIT 2:

Someone was talking about the Falchion looking different.

The explanantion given in the game is that the blade was broken and reforged at some point between Marth's and Chrom's times. You find out in the Lucina x Wood B Support.

Edited by Dan

Well, the $200 isn't really too much of a surprise to me. Gonna skip out on this one though. Originally I was kind of fiddling with the idea of getting the bundle, but before any details about its release were found out, I learned about the extended battery Mugen has for the XL (I got their basic 3DS model battery), the lack of which was the only thing that kept me from upgrading to an XL. So now instead of the bundle, I've got to save up money for an XL and the battery. Shame though, because I really like this bundle.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Gamestop has the bundle on sale online, I'm going to wait and hope another company sells it.

Anyone know if GameStop online sells systems and the like actually new or do they repackage them like they do in stores?

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660#productDetails

Edited by Mikhal

EDIT 2:

Someone was talking about the Falchion looking different.

The explanantion given in the game is that the blade was broken and reforged at some point between Marth's and Chrom's times. You find out in the Lucina x Wood B Support.

Thank you.

Still, whatever they use as a in-story justification, my point was simply that the 3DS just doesn't look like Fire Emblem.

Of course I am aware that, while the design was iconic enough that even the Tyrfing looks exactly like it, they obviously couldn't have used it now after they changed it for this game. And the Falchion was the closest thing the series had for a iconic shape even if it's still a far cry from something like the Triforce so there really is no alternative I can think off.

But whatever the reason, the result is that this model is merely a blue 3DS with two dragons and the Soul Calibur printed on it.

Edited by BrightBow

So what's up with the DLC workings? If I buy the bundled 3DS and have a hard copy, can they share DLC? Does it only work if it's on that handheld? What if I use the physical cart in another 3DS?

Well, Spotpass data is saved separately of the game data, so it should work regardless of the game used. I would hope that it's done the same way with actual DLC.

Edit: Nevermind. I'm sorry for posting even though I didn't actually know.

Edited by BrightBow

1358268781[/url]' post='2248585']

Amazon might get it if a 3rd party sells it. I remember reading that Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware first party, there was rumoured to be a falling out over the 3DS

When did that happen?

Thank you.

Still, whatever they use as a in-story justification, my point was simply that the 3DS just doesn't look like Fire Emblem.

Of course I am aware that, while the design was iconic enough that even the Tyrfing looks exactly like it, they obviously couldn't have used it now after they changed it for this game. And the Falchion was the closest thing the series had for a iconic shape even if it's still a far cry from something like the Triforce so there really is no alternative I can think off.

But whatever the reason, the result is that this model is merely a blue 3DS with two dragons and the Soul Calibur printed on it.

Yeah, I get what you're saying about the Falchion being the only iconic image for the game. It was the symbol for the Fire Emblem Characters in Smash Bros. probably for that reason. I just figured I'd give the reason that the game gives for anyone that wanted to know why, but I agree that it was a bad idea on Nintendo's part to change the appearance of the Falchion. There's no reason that the people who fixed the sword couldn't make it look the same (or maybe there is a reason? Afterall

The original Falchion was made by the Divine Dragon Naga, so maybe it is beyond man's ability to fix properly? And Maybe that's why Chrom's Falchion is "Sealed."

).

That could be part of it. But I think part of the reason they redesigned it was so that they could make it more recognizable. Honestly, the older design for the Falchion didn't really stand out too much to me. This design, though, is more memorable to me, because it looks pretty unique.

When did that happen?

I read about it back in September, it basically means Amazon is selling them, but not them directly.

Like, Amazon UK, when looking at a 3DS, you get this message

In stock.

Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

Which is the case in the page I looked at, sans one, the aqua blue.

When looking on Amazon US however...

In Stock.

Sold by (insert company here) and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Which is the case in the 2 pages of 3DSes I've looked at, no exceptions.

Same goes for the Wii U, Amazon UK sell it directly, Amazon US sell it through someone else.