Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

Virtual copy sucks, indeed. For the people who already have a 3DS but really want this special one...problems while transferring/deleting the pre-installed game...

For me it's small selfish reasons: I can't have the cartridge/case/instruction booklet. ;-; Yeah, I like instruction booklets, even if I only read them once then never look in them ever again.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I was actually on the fence about a 4th 3DS. [Yes, insane about throwing money at them. I KNOW.]

But... virtual copy. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW. EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW.

If I had to delete my Eshop account, which I've had to do for two of the 3DSs for unspecified reasons, goodbye game.

Not to mention I can't extract my saves on virtual copies of the games.

No thanks.

Now, if Nintendo had a centralized eShop account system, then SURE.

Doesn't the 3DS also use Club Nintendo's system? I don't know if it'll be any different with a preinstalled game, but I know that my connected wii can download any game from the shop, and if anything ever happens to them on my wii's hard drive, I can download it for free again.

At least a digital copy doesn't have the same chance of degrading with time. *glares at her FEDS game, which has been freezing up a lot for some stupid reason*

Doesn't the 3DS also use Club Nintendo's system?

The 3DS has an eShop account associated to it on startup. And when you delete your account information stored on the 3DS. It's an ID that you can't see.

So if I went and deleted my account info on my Ice White 3DS right now, I can say goodbye to all my FE13 DLC. Forever.

The 3DS has an eShop account associated to it on startup. And when you delete your account information stored on the 3DS. It's an ID that you can't see.

So if I went and deleted my account info on my Ice White 3DS right now, I can say goodbye to all my FE13 DLC. Forever.

And that's enough of a reason to kill a man, right there

If you needed to for any reason, when you do a system transfer, in the case of two 3ds', would that transfer your DLC stuff too, or are you up the creek?

Also, Pre-installed... *groans* Seems I'll end up buying a physical copy after all...

And that's enough of a reason to kill a man, right there

If you needed to for any reason, when you do a system transfer, in the case of two 3ds', would that transfer your DLC stuff too, or are you up the creek?

It transfers your account info and general stuff. So if you take the SD card you have and back it up, and then put that on the 3DS you transferred to, everything will work.

Why would you need to delete your account? ._.

Which is the reason I had to delete my two accounts. I reached my limit of transferring to systems (limit of 5 per eShop account) when messing with my 3DS capture card.

I'm not the typical example, but Nintendo's lack of a centralized account system is a major inconvenience when it comes to downloadable content.

I'm just glad we got the bundle at all, especially since I had just about given up on seeing it; I was literally about to go out and get a 3DS in preparation, and then the news was confirmed.

In my case, I don't really care if its not an XL (don't have a 3DS yet at all to compare with) and it doesn't bother me that the game is pre installed because I was planning on getting both versions anyways (don't have that magical save dongle, so I would like 6 saves at least). And might I say it looks drop dead GORGEOUS! I was beginning to regret the fact that I didn't ask for a 3DS for Christmas, but now I'm glad I had faith in holding out on this beautiful investment! :D

I'm just glad we got the bundle at all, especially since I had just about given up on seeing it; I was literally about to go out and get a 3DS in preparation, and then the news was confirmed.

In my case, I don't really care if its not an XL (don't have a 3DS yet at all to compare with) and it doesn't bother me that the game is pre installed because I was planning on getting both versions anyways (don't have that magical save dongle, so I would like 6 saves at least). And might I say it looks drop dead GORGEOUS! I was beginning to regret the fact that I didn't ask for a 3DS for Christmas, but now I'm glad I had faith in holding out on this beautiful investment! :D

This... was me, pretty much everything you've said, all the way down to the period. funny, that

This... was me, pretty much everything you've said, all the way down to the period. funny, that

I'm surprised to see I'm not the only one in this situation, but now that I think about this means that I'm not gonna be able to play the demo.... -__- ....guess I'll have to tune into shadowofchaos' coverage of it.....

I'm surprised to see I'm not the only one in this situation, but now that I think about this means that I'm not gonna be able to play the demo.... -__- ....guess I'll have to tune into shadowofchaos' coverage of it.....

I came to the same realisation, about twenty minutes after I stopped squealing like a endangered animal when I learned about the special bundle... then I sighed...

Same here. No 3DS, no demo for me. D8

But at least I'll be getting my dream 3DS. I've been longing for that jewel ever since I saw it back when it was released in Japan.

I came to the same realisation, about twenty minutes after I stopped squealing like a endangered animal when I learned about the special bundle... then I sighed...

Same here. No 3DS, no demo for me. D8

But at least I'll be getting my dream 3DS. I've been longing for that jewel ever since I saw it back when it was released in Japan.

Sucks for us, doesn't it? But I've gotta admit, at least the game is only a few weeks away. I feel sooo bad for Europe and Australia. I know I wouldn't be able to wait another 2-3 months.... :(

As for the demo, I think I'll just hijack my brother's 3DS in the meantime. Its gonna be hard....he's been playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 like mad....every day....

Well, I'm getting the bundle AND the cartridge. And I already have a 3ds. So, I can do spotpass with myself. Hehehehe....

Relevant:

You don't need a second copy of the game. All you need is a second 3DS with an SD card in it to send the streetpass data.

You don't need a second copy of the game. All you need is a second 3DS with an SD card in it to send the streetpass data.

That's awesome to know and all thanks! However i still plan to get both purely because i want to own all the fire emblems (that have been released here) in physical format. Thanks for the Vid though.

Sucks for us, doesn't it? But I've gotta admit, at least the game is only a few weeks away. I feel sooo bad for Europe and Australia. I know I wouldn't be able to wait another 2-3 months.... :(

As for the demo, I think I'll just hijack my brother's 3DS in the meantime. Its gonna be hard....he's been playing New Super Mario Bros. 2 like mad....every day....

Hopefully, our European comrades will be able to get that slick 3DS as well, I'd like to think they can hold out for some good news

.....Huh, That is weird, I was going to pilfer my niece's 3DS in the name of science! and make up some excuse like: 'I wanna play around a bit'

Waiting is for people with no free disposable income and no knowledge of zip codes. Importing a 3DS, ho!

Waiting is for people with no free disposable income and no knowledge of zip codes. Importing a 3DS, ho!

I hear ya! Doing the same myself (3DS XL though, take that!), just hope it doesn't take videogamesplus too long to deliver the game when it comes out... I'm hoping within a week of the american release? I still hope Europe gets the bundle though, that would be awesome. Might get that too, just to show some support. (And, well, so that I don't have to order every other 3DS game I might be interested in from the states...)

I hear ya! Doing the same myself (3DS XL though, take that!), just hope it doesn't take videogamesplus too long to deliver the game when it comes out... I'm hoping within a week of the american release? I still hope Europe gets the bundle though, that would be awesome. Might get that too, just to show some support. (And, well, so that I don't have to order every other 3DS game I might be interested in from the states...)

I actually imported a 3DS XL from videogamesplus too. It only took three days to arrive. Regrettably, I am not willing to wait three days for an import, so I'm downloading it. You might as well set up your e-shop account funds anyway for the DLC.