Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

Honestly, I don't see a point in getting this 3DS unless it's an XL.

I mean, while blue-white is a nice color scheme, it doesn't exactly scream Fire Emblem to me.

And the displayed sword is the Awakening version of the Falchion which doesn't look in the slightest like the iconic design that the series managed to maintain through all of it's incarnations since it's debut on the Famicom. It's like Nintendo would have decided to change the Triforce's shape into a circle for the Zelda themed 3DS.

And dragons alone are to generic to make it look like Fire Emblem.

It's really just a regular 3DS with blue and white colors. It looks nice but it's not a must-buy in the slightest.

1: XL's have that ugly rounded corner design and don't shine. I want mah shiny

2: I want this 3DS for the color alone. The game is just a bonus.

Also, I thought it was blue and black? ._. Not that it matters, I'd prefer white over black anyday.

I am so preordering the console if I can. Even if I have to drive an hour down to a city gamestop to do so.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The design on the front is white, that's what he meant. :P Shiny is nice, but, shiny tends to attract fingerprint smudges. Does the normal 3DS show smudges easily? Small price to pay for such a prettyful 3DS. *-* Love the color! (I also agree that the rounded corners on the XL look awful; rounded is kind of nice instead of a harder edge, but it looks bad.)

I live in Latin America ( Brazil ) and in the ''ce'' and ''ci'', the letter C is pronounced as ''see''.

The ''ca'', ''co'' and ''cu'' parts are pronounced like C is the letter ''K''.

''ce'' like in Celebrity and ''ci'' like in Similarity.

That's exactly how C is supposed to work in English. But those rules are broken 13% of the time a C is used (arbitrary number). Hate the letter C. Dx

Well, with English, it can't really follow any hard and fast rules when the majority of our language was mugged from other languages. Those words follow, generally, the rules of the language we stole it from, which is why there's so many variations in the 'rules'.

Anyways, with c, I've noticed for latin based words (So words taken from any of the romance languages) generally you use cee, and germanic(Not the country, the parent language) based words use k.

Also, if anything, k should be phased out, not c, as c at the very beginning of its english life was always a k sound :P

I live in Latin America ( Brazil ) and in the ''ce'' and ''ci'', the letter C is pronounced as ''see''.

The ''ca'', ''co'' and ''cu'' parts are pronounced like C is the letter ''K''.

''ce'' like in Celebrity and ''ci'' like in Similarity.

For example : ''Five'' here is ''cinco''. Pronounced SEEN-KO. ( This Ko like Corporation )

I think it's similar for spanish.

So Loo-see-nah sounds like the way to go.

I don't think they would want us to loo-kee-nah with a ''ci''. I think even in North America would sound strange. They would have put straight Lukina.

I'm also italian descendant and even if they wanted this variant, Lucina would pronounce Loo-tee-nah .

And if they wanted that effect they probably would translate her name as Luchina.

Granted, back when latin was used by the romans the ''C'' could have that pronounce like a ''K'', but i think they are gonna change it to not confuse people...won't be the first time someone does this.

I hope its this one: http://www.forvo.com/word/lucina/

The other two just sound awkward to me if I look at her name...

both loo-SEE-nah and loo-CHEE-nah are true pronunciations of the name in English, not loo-KEE-nah.

I prefer the former (the latter just sounds bad to me), and actually i find LOO-sih-nah rolls of the tongue better, even though it's wrong

Technically, so is "Fal-shi-on". It's supposed to be "Fal-key-on" . But there's many people, including me, who go by the Japanese "Fal-shi-on".

I don't even remember anyone pronouncing her name with a voice in the game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'd say it's preinstalled because it'd be cheaper, but I don't know, not part of Nintendo XD

Also, this just me being overly hopeful, but I spy French and Spanish on the box so maybe they'll just do a shop putting in the EU logos later and reveal it for us...

I tweeted my interest to Nintendo UK about the bundle, but they can't answer questions, so...

Yay, glad to see it's officially confirmed now! ...But, can I afford it...?

Why the game is pre-installed?!

they messed all!

To save money, pretty much. No physical cartridge means that much less they have to spend. Whoops, Ninja'd.

Edited by Tarquin

Technically, so is "Fal-shi-on". It's supposed to be "Fal-key-on" . But there's many people, including me, who go by the Japanese "Fal-shi-on".

Um, that wikipedia page you linked to said its f as in find, au as in fraud, l as in lie, ch as in china, on as in button... Sounds like faul-chun, not fal-key-on

I'd say it's preinstalled because it'd be cheaper, but I don't know, not part of Nintendo XD

Also, this just me being overly hopeful, but I spy French and Spanish on the box so maybe they'll just do a shop putting in the EU logos later and reveal it for us...

I tweeted my interest to Nintendo UK about the bundle, but they can't answer questions, so...

The french and spanish stuff is on everything video games here in the US. It often takes up half of the packaging on the back of game packages, for example.

It's pretty common for Nintendo games to feature French on the boxes, I think because it's also sold in Canada. Spanish for Mexico. If they were planning an EU release the one to look for would be German, because there's no reason to ever include German on a North American release.

Really? I've heard it pronounced Fol-chin a lot.

Um, that wikipedia page you linked to said its f as in find, au as in fraud, l as in lie, ch as in china, on as in button... Sounds like faul-chun, not fal-key-on

Dammit copy paste. I didn't mean to link the Wikipedia page. I meant to link someone actually pronouncing the word.

Well, both of those pronunciations are valid. What I'm saying is the Japanese one isn't, with the "shi" and people still say it. XD

Sorry.

I have to admit, I was actually on the fence about a 4th 3DS. [Yes, insane about throwing money at them. I KNOW.]

But... virtual copy. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW. EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW.

If I had to delete my Eshop account, which I've had to do for two of the 3DSs for unspecified reasons, goodbye game.

Not to mention I can't extract my saves on virtual copies of the games.

No thanks.

Now, if Nintendo had a centralized eShop account system, then SURE.

Edited by shadowofchaos