What will the next FE game be?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What will the next FE game be?

• A sequel to Awakening/Akaneia
    • A prequel to the Akaneia setting
    • A remake
    • An expansion of a non-Akaneia setting
    • A new setting

I voted for New Setting, seeing how IS may want to take a break from something as grand as FE13 and go back to making traditional FEs. I do want to see an FE4 remake myself, but I highly doubt it.

And I do want to see them alternating between traditional FEs (like FE6 and FE12) and the more variated ones (like FE4 and FE13). So if FE14 is a traditional title, FE15 can be more creative, or vice versa.

Edited by nocturnal YL

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I see as the most likely scenario:

This game is going to perform well above expectations in the West. Not only is it one of the best games in the series according to most everyone who's played it, but it's also chock-full of content and is on a budding system with a relatively sparse software library at the moment. It's not going to be Pokemon, but it'll sell very, very well. This means that a new game in the Awakening arc, perhaps starring Paris, will begin production. New games, however, take time. So to fill the gap, I see Intelligent Systems remaking an earlier game in the series. FE4/5 is a possibility, but a remake of the Elibe games (with lots of added content -- generation system, etc.) would make sense after spending so much time on Akaenia.

If I were a gambling man, I'd put my money on a remake being next, with a new entry not far behind.

Here's what I see as the most likely scenario:

This game is going to perform well above expectations in the West. Not only is it one of the best games in the series according to most everyone who's played it, but it's also chock-full of content and is on a budding system with a relatively sparse software library at the moment. It's not going to be Pokemon, but it'll sell very, very well. This means that a new game in the Awakening arc, perhaps starring Paris, will begin production. New games, however, take time. So to fill the gap, I see Intelligent Systems remaking an earlier game in the series. FE4/5 is a possibility, but a remake of the Elibe games (with lots of added content -- generation system, etc.) would make sense after spending so much time on Akaenia.

If I were a gambling man, I'd put my money on a remake being next, with a new entry not far behind.

You just win for your nickname.

But yes, I agree @ Awakening selling well in the west.

Not so sure about another remake, though.

Well, I don't expect a revisit. The wars are always on such a great scale that there usually isn't much room for another conflict without it feeling forced. Mind you, I hope they don't visit an old setting anyway, as long as they keep the current art direction.

I'm thinking new as well, though I wouldn't object to FE6/7 remakes starring imported Mark >>

Edit: pre-"that's-never-going-to-happen" disclaimer: I know it'll never happen, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it.

Edited by Miscellany

I would actually prefer an Elibe game that gives an in-depth explanation to Idun's condition in FE6 as opposed to an FE 6 or 7 remake to be honest.

If FE7 is remade, however, here's hoping Rath gets more girls in his support list. That guy needs at least one more.

I want an entirely new world. Awakening seems mostly different from the old games, but it still had things like Marth and Tiki that directly connect to it. I'm kind of sick of these guys, so I want a completely fresh start.

Personally I want A prequel of the akaneia saga showing off the adventures of Anri, Artemis, Ordwin, Iote, Cartas, and Marlon. It would be really simple to. Anri is the playable lord of the game, Artemis would play the nyna type role to were she appear every now and then to give you advice and such, and you could even recruit Ordwin, Iote, and Cartas along the way. Also that way we would get to see the death of Miloh, Garnef going into madness, the era of dragons, and more.

If that's out of the question I wan't A sequel of awakening... and if that happens... PLEASE bring back Medeus and Garnef! Especially Garnef. I liked Garnef so much that I wouldn't even mind if he does something like kills Medeus and he ends up being the final villian. xD

Edited by Jagen

I'm not too fussed really, but I wonder if they'll deal with more the of the Other World Gates again. It'd be interesting if characters who ending involved "They weren't seen again" or went off on journey's eventually end up in another Fire Emblem game.

I'm always up for another Magvel game or a Paris game.

Something completely different would be cool, too, though, but there's a lot they could do with Magvel. Renais is busy rebuilding, Jehanna has lost its leader, Grado's in ruins, and Carcino's in the middle of a revolt. Just have either Rausten or Frelia go crazy and BAM instant evil empire.

Fire Emblem on Mars, of course.

I would actually be down for that, I wouldn't want a permanent change, but a one shot could be interesting.

Another thing I would like for IS to do is make some smaller downloadable games to expand the world of Fire Emblem. I think a smaller game about Valhart conquering Valm would be interesting to play.

What I expect: Prequel/Sidequel/Interquel/whatever-you-want-to-say starring Paris as the main lord.

What I'd want: That.

What I'd want and know probably wouldn't happen: A remake of FE4/5, combining the two games, expanding dialogue/interactions/etc., game play utilizing FE:A's new features (An MU in FE4'verse?), updated graphics... all of this for the Wii U, and it getting localized so the US and the EU can experience the glory of Jugdral without piracy/moonspeak/importing.

What I'd want and know probably wouldn't happen: A remake of FE4/5, combining the two games, expanding dialogue/interactions/etc., game play utilizing FE:A's new features (An MU in FE4'verse?), updated graphics... all of this for the Wii U, and it getting localized so the US and the EU can experience the glory of Jugdral without piracy/moonspeak/importing.

I would love this... a lot, also let's add in the 'in-between' of the 1st and 2nd generation, I'd specifically like to see the Fall of Lenster, but I won't delve into the details... but an MU in Jugdral, I dunno, wouldn't he replace Oifaye as strategist?

But, if it's on the Wii U, I'd be okay with it

I'd actually like a new setting. It's cool being in Archanea again, but I would like to see a different setting with new races and situations.

Also, I do believe that it'd be great to remake the Ygdral games, though I'd wonder if they would keep the chapter structure.

Pretty much this, yah

Except like

Make sure the games are less broken

Pretty much this, yah

Except like

Make sure the games are less broken

And make sure that the pairing system doesn't make negative amounts of sense. Seriously, the pairing system in FE4 is one of the multiple things preventing me from playing it. Not to mention the lack of balance.

Well, since we have Paris (or whatever his NoA name will be), I think the next game would involve him. It will probably take place in Tellius of course... and we may end up having Laguz again. Maybe new classes and skills? Maybe new kinds of Laguz? Voice acting would be nice. Doubling/Pairing up and re-classing? That could be nice too. The question is, how much of a descedant is Paris? Would we see Ike and gang? My guess no, they could already be dead. Maybe Paris ends up a Branded? That would be unique, too.