Favorite word

Tamanoir

Is there a world in your language or any other that you really like for no particular reasons, just because you like how they sound ?

When I started learning english, I really liked the world "near". I thought that it really sounds like what it define.

I also love "Nevertheless" and is french translation "Néanmoins", so I try to use it instead of "However"/"Cependant" every time I can.

And I really thinks that Tamanoir is the best character game ever (It's the giant anteater, if you're wondering). That was the name I gave to the heroine in FE4, and I will probably gave it to one of my MU, in Awakening.

So, what are your favorite words ?

I only know Japanese and English, but in Japanese I like the sound of combinations of "koro," "koto," "suru," and a few others. For example, 「参加することだ」 (sankasuru koto da) just rolls off the tongue and sounds...pointed. It's sounds that like that that made me fall in love with the language in the first place.

My favorite world is Jupiter. Actually no, my favorite world is either Gensokyou, the Monster Hunter world, or the Baten Kaitos world. Or The World from .Hack

My favorite word is antidisestablishmentarianism.

Edited by Frédéric François Chopin

Gormless. And, by extension, gorm or gormly. And chiaroscuro.

Requiem is a great word to me.

In Latin, we were taught (not that pronunciation was graded) to use a hard c instead of a soft c. So "Circe," (the witch in the Odyssey who turns men to pigs) which I normally think of as not much different from "Seer-say" (or Cersei) became "Kier-kay" (sort of like the beginning of Kierkegaard I guess?). I like that sort of sound, so I like that, and there were probably some other words I also liked with that change.

Schwarzvald or velt (or whatever that word is - I'd bet whoever is reading has seen this word before) I like a lot.

One of the words for "you" in Japanese that's sort of used for "bastard" kind of moments...kisama, I think. Ya, I like that word.

Zantetsuken is also great. Gatotsu too.

Oh and it's names and fantasy words (I guess, but probably pretty Tolkieny) but I love pretty much every nonman sounding word from the world of the Three Seas

(some have accents I left out)

Cujara Cin-moi, Cil Aujus

Cunoroi

Nasamorgas

Cuno-Inchoroi war

Nil-Giccas

Oh maybe that's just the hard C thing acting up!

Edited by Mouse

For a second I thought you were an english speaker who didn't know english

But then I saw your location said france... But you also spelled it right once which makes me wonder if those are typos or not...

It's a little too easy for me to like words because I just like the ones that sound silly or make me giggle

But that's kinda easy to do for me x3

So I have so many that I really can't remember any of them...

Edited by Freohr Datia

zwischen

i could say it all day

zwischen

zwischen

(it's german and means between)

Which reminds me "zwei". Also, "zweihander."

Whenever I see that word I have an uncontrollable urge to say it out loud.

Affix. :3 And hyakunin (hundred). Hyakunin kazoku~

Hyakunin refers to a hundred people. Hyaku is specifically the number hundred.

frankensteiner followed by stealth rock

what do you mean a name consisting of two words doesn't count

My favorite fictional world (even if it's actually kind of fucking terrifying when I imagine it seriously, being scared of heights) is Arcadia (from Skies of)

stealth rock

Sneaky Pebbles

Shy Stones

Enigmatic Stalactites

Invisible Stalagmites

Incognito Boulders

Incognito

Forth

Time

Riddle

Wanderlust

Wayward