Launch Day Plans

Crimson Red

Got any plans for the big launch day, February 4th?

Sadly I don't know too many people interested in Fire Emblem myself, but I'm going to be waiting outside of Gamestop way before they even open (fuck my classes, this shit's WAY more important). Well actually, I'm not 100% sure about that, since I don't know where I'll be able to pick up the bundle, but I'll be making a trip to Gamestop at some point since I'm actually buying the game twice (one bundled, one not) to show my support for Fire Emblem and its localization.

I kind of wish there'd be like, a midnight launch, but I don't think this game is quite big enough to warrant that... though if it did, that'd be hella legit.

So yeah, any plans, any one? Or just gonna casually pick up the game at first chance or when you get the money or whatever?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for me...

-Go to class at 9:30 ends at 10:45

-Walk to Gamestop and pick it up (I've paid the whole thing off already)

-Walk back

-Suffer through the rest of the day

-After 4:50 run to my room and never be seen again

gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

First, I'm going to lock my door. Then, I'm going to disconnect my phone lines and ignore any and all post. Then I will seal myself into my room and play the game.

Once people catch onto the fact that I have vanished, I'm going to throw a specially prepared puppet of myself out of the window of a nearby hotel, put on my specially prepared wax mask of a suitable celebrity and book myself into another hotel while the investigation into my faked death proceeds. I will then continue to play the game.

Once it becomes clear that I must announce my presence or be declared legally dead, I will hire a gang of thugs to beat me up and leave me unconscious on the middle of the high street. Here, I will be found and taken to hospital, where I will recuperate. While playing Awakening.

At this point, I will contact a lawyer and find someone to sue for my beating/the failure of the investigation to find me etc etc. I will then use this money to take an extended leave from University. To play Awakening.

So nothing much really, no.

Edited by Onestep

I wanted to get my Sariya costume done before then so I could wear it (under normal clothes of course), but then my sewing machine broke...

But otherwise, go to class, hop on the next bus to either end of town, pick up the game and get some Panda Express while I wait for the bus to come back.

Edited by Miscellany

Since I don't actually have a way to get to Gamestop, I preordered the game and set it to ship. So, I'll wait for about a week while the game ships to my house, and then, because I don't have a 3DS, I'll continue waiting for a couple months while I save up to get a 3DS.

It may not actually be launch day when I finally get to play the game, but that day will still be spent doing nothing but playing Awakening.

First, I'm going to lock my door. Then, I'm going to disconnect my phone lines and ignore any and all post. Then I will seal myself into my room and play the game.

This. Also, much lulz were had with the rest of your post, Onestep.

Edited by Tarquin

After class, go to gamestop. Pick it up.

Turn it on. Turn off animations and AI skip to "Everything".

Rush until Chapter 11.

Connect capture card to PC. Record.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oooh, hard to say.

Get my homework done for the week. Have mom drive me down to GameStop, since I can't drive myself (fuck you too, lack of periph), grab the bundle, drive home, scream like a little girl over skype and fangirl for the next six hours while playing in front of all my non- FE playing friends.

lolno

Get the game, make some pudding. six hours with shiny DS and pudding. Best night ever~ <3

Attend class all day, eagerly awaiting for it to end so that I can play Fire Emblem. Proceed to call Gamestop and find out they're not getting it until Tuesday or Wednesday. Wait until then.

This has been a sort of tradition with every game I've pre-ordered from them in two years except Xenoblade (for reference, this is: Professor Layton and the Last Specter, Virtue's Last Reward, and The Last Story), so I have no confidence they're going to stop now. Pretty much my only hope is that it's only the word "last" that's cursed.

Unfortunately I can't get this til around 3. I even have school off, but my parents are too lazy.

It's not that I can't drive. They just don't want to get out of bed anywhere before 2 :C

They must go with me everywhere. I don't mind, it's just that it's generally late in the day...

My ingame plans are to set up the pairs as early as possible and try to actually use the children in the story.

Me and my brother will leave for EB Games immediately after school, and we will each buy a copy of the game. I will then proceed to get 10 chapters further than him and spoil the game. No, I'm not that mean, but I will not get much sleep that night, or any work done at school.

In order of posts

- sounds like me except I'll be there earlier and be playing during class cuz fuck the rules

- LOL@Onestep ahahahahahaha I'm glad I don't have to start a drama to get to play my copy :P

- hmm, well, that's understandable, I still have to beat a bunch of other MGS games before I go playing that one though >_>'

- pfft work

- Sariya costume? that sounds interesting. sorry to hear your machine broke :(

- aww, I'm sorry about that. but hey, you have the heart of a fan, and that in itself is admirable

- T_T just imagining it is torture for me... so glad I have some cash to spare

- hahaha same

- LOL, guess this makes your subtitling a little useless, huh? never did understand the point in LP's or watching other people play video games in general, I always made fun of my own because I figured no one would ever actually watch them past a couple minutes in

- pudding actually sounds like a good idea. though it takes two hands to eat, is the problem. I might just slurp on some drinks all night using a straw so I can drink and play simultaneously (gotta keep my brain hydrated so I can strategize and stuff :P)

- LOL aww that stinks, I hope they have it the day of. We've waited so long for a new FE game, I know my heart aches every day I have to wait... no, every minute >_>'

and yes I'm totally responding to ALL the posts, I find this stuff really interesting :P

EDIT:

- sounds like it should :D

- LOL ouch that's a rather... interesting dilemma, though I'm sorry to hear it. and eww, slight spoilers

- wait, there are other things more important than playing the new FE game the day it launches? by that logic, everyone who can't afford it yet, sell everything you have until you have enough money to get a 3DS and a copy of the game

Edited by Burning Gravity

- LOL, guess this makes your subtitling a little useless, huh? never did understand the point in LP's or watching other people play video games in general, I always made fun of my own because I figured no one would ever actually watch them past a couple minutes in

Not at all. I just cringe at Ylisse and Plegia all day. Even if the Japanese voice track is there.

Besides, I'm keeping the save files for the JP version. I'm not starting over and reimporting the Ray and Annie MUs.

- wait, there are other things more important than playing the new FE game the day it launches? by that logic, everyone who can't afford it yet, sell everything you have until you have enough money to get a 3DS and a copy of the game

I'm not exactly sure how my schedule is going to go until I begin my externship hours which happens to be this Wednesday. Until then, I'll stick with my default launch day plan of: Grab my preorder from Gamestop whenever I get off from externing, see if I can begin the game before having to leave for my Monday night bowling league match.

I don't want to make plans too much in advance only to find out that I have to change them due to other obligations in my life, some more important than yes, playing the new FE game.

Uh, I'll go to school, and my dad'll pick it up during the day because he doesn't work, and then I'll just keep on playing and playing it. The bad thing is that my brother cares enough about the game that he wants to play it, but doesn't care for it enough to get his own copy, and I don't want to give the game up so he could play it, so that's a dilemma. And there's the whole DLC problem, making it so we'll either have to keep borrowing each other's 3DS in order to play all of the DLC (once they're all out) because it'll cost too much for each of us to get all of the DLC (again, once they're all out).