Democrat or republican?

Comet

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a democrat or republican?

I was curious to see which party the people in the people in the forest prefer. As for me, I'm a democrat.

And please don't make this a democrat vs. republican war. Thank you!

At least until I'm sure which side has straighter heads, I'm remaining independent. To say that I'm not a big fan of Republicans in general would be understating it, though Democrats haven't been the sharpest tools in the shed in recent years. (Case in point in regards to Democrats: PIPA.) However, despite any stupid moments, I tend to lean more towards Democrat.

Edited by Little Al

Not registered, grew up with to-the-left Canadian dad and anything-but-republican Texan mom. I'd like to call myself moderate, as theoretically I'd rather I don't get everything I'd like to have from the left if that's what it takes to avoid politics so broken that no progress can be made, but really given the choices I probably just end up being a self-doubting liberal at my most-right.

I'm registered with the Democratic party, and for the past elections I've taken part in have voted for Democratic candidates. Aside from a few positions most of my views fall within the party lines to some degree.

Although it's not cool to be mainstream, so when asked I say I'm a strong independent utilitarian anarcho-capitalist meritocratic Social Democrat that don't need no government.

NDP. . Yes we are a real party, silly Americans with your ridiculous Binary system, and electoral colleges

Also I'm impressed this hasn't already devolved into name calling and partisan sniping

Edited by Thunderfox

I should probably be considered a democrat, but I have no party affiliation AFAIK. I may be registered to vote as a democrat, however. I just don't remember ever registering.

Basically, I belong to the generally disliking the personalities of republican politicians more than the personalities of democratic politicians party.

That might sound cynical, it's more about me than about dems or reps.

I should probably be considered a democrat, but I have no party affiliation AFAIK. I may be registered to vote as a democrat, however. I just don't remember ever registering.

Basically, I belong to the generally disliking the personalities of republican politicians more than the personalities of democratic politicians party.

That might sound cynical, it's more about me than about dems or reps.

That's like 90% of the Democratic party man. >__>

I like the one that isn't actively spending vast amounts of money trying to prevent me from getting laid as best they can.

Even ignoring that issue, I tend to disagree with republicans in nearly every major point at which the parties differ. That's not to say I always agree with the other side, mind - sometimes they're too moderate, and others too extreme - but they're at least a *closer* match.

Gotta love that two-party system.

That's like 90% of the Democratic party man. >__>

Really? I thought they voted! Anyway, that does make me worry more about the country.

But come to think of it, I don't really buy the idea that you're a reliable source on dems or reps.

This topic cannot lead to any wrong whatsoever.

Edited by Mouse

Really? I thought they voted! Anyway, that does make me worry more about the country.

But come to think of it, I don't really buy the idea that you're a reliable source on dems or reps.

I'm exaggerating, but the majority of people that I know who vote for the Democratic party don't do it because they agree with most of the Democratic party's ideals, but because they heavily disagree with most Republican nominees' positions.

I'm exaggerating, but the majority of people that I know who vote for the Democratic party don't do it because they agree with most of the Democratic party's ideals, but because they heavily disagree with most Republican nominees' positions.

Much the same seems to be true with what I see from pubs. If anything, I'd guess something like what Ham said might be useful - pubs seem to have a split between the social and fiscal cons, while dems seem to have a fair unity around social liberalism. How by-the-book I think my analysis must sound!

I don't see signs of strong confidence or structure or specificity in leftist perspectives in economics, which is a bit typical XD Please note, this is what I see (understand).

EDIT-Also, I hope I didn't sound too critical. I didn't mean, "Esau is not a good source" but "ppl don't seem to me good sources on why they vote." It is a snotty misconstrued usage of a sort of inversion of Thucydides's principle, that responsible citizens keep themselves up to date, and later responses/echoes of this principle and related ones.

Edited by Mouse