A theory about Ike and Paris

Paper Jam

Like I said, it's pretty outrageous; probably Wild Mass Guessing material, in fact. Nevertheless, here is my theory:

Not truly belonging in Goldoan society due to the loss of her shapeshifting abilities, and knowing that her son was wandering the land with Ike, Almedha went looking for them, and she eventually found them and joined them.

Ike and Almedha hooked up and had a kid, and Paris is descended from them.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, to be honest, I think Ike hooking up with Mia is more likely than him getting with Almedha. However, I do like the idea of Paris being Ike's direct descendant, since it would mean Ike got married and raised a family of his own (he's certainly not the kind of guy that would go having kids out of wedlock). I like to imagine that if he didn't marry Elincia, he didn't return to Tellius because he wanted to settle down with the girl he did fall for and wed, and going back and forth from his new home to Tellius would be too hard on his wife and children.

I also theorize that he could've been in love with Elincia, but her being wed to Geoffrey for whatever reason (grrr...) left him with a broken heart, and he just wanted to get away.

Edited by Anacybele

Eh, I like the idea that he's actually descended from Mist, and he calls himself Ike's descendant so he sounds much cooler.

My thoughts exactly. He can brag about having Ike in his family. :3

The problem I see with Paris being Mist's descendant is that, unless if Ike gave Mist Ragnell (which I doubt), the possibility of him being Mist's descendant seems highly unlikely.

Not to mention the fact that Mist never left Tellius.

Edited by Little Al

I thought he would have met someone on his voyage, or Soren was turned into a girl.

LOL... or maybe Ike found a female-tibetan monk or a yoga-freak french that knew how to canalise energy and for that reason he uses "the chi"...

anyway, until now, based on the art of Paris he looks like an egocentric swordsman that appears lately in the game... so maybe he will be useless... maybe...

the tempting part here is the Ragnell.

Edited by M12A3L

The problem I see with Paris being Mist's descendant is that, unless if Ike gave Mist Ragnell (which I doubt), the possibility of him being Mist's descendant seems highly unlikely.

Not to mention the fact that Mist never left Tellius.

I agree with this. Ragnell would have to go through a complicated mess to reach Paris's hands from Mist's, whereas Ike could've easily passed the blade to one of his children, probably a son, who then passes it down further, eventually reaching Paris.

Not to mention Paris looks a lot like Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

it's pretty easy for me to visualize ike giving mist's kid the ragnell if ike himself had no children or anything

also paris looking like ike means nothing because recessive genes are a thing ;/

it's pretty easy for me to visualize ike giving mist's kid the ragnell if ike himself had no children or anything

also paris looking like ike means nothing because recessive genes are a thing ;/

But Ike never goes back to Tellius. That kid would have to leave and run into Ike himself, and nobody knows where Ike is. As for recessive genes, when you're as far down the line as Paris probably is, the chances of him inheriting as many recessive genes as he would have in this case is slim. Of course, one or both of his parents could've had blue hair and blue eyes, though.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm quite partial to the theory that Paris is from Mist's line myself. TBH I just can't see Ike settling down with anyone but his waifu Soren.

And on the Ragnell point, it's entirely possible that Paris journeyed to Tellius at one point, proclaimed himself as the descendant of the Hero of Blue Flame, and was given the sword out of respect or something.

... And you know Ana, Anri and Marth look a hell of a lot alike despite there being, what, thousands of years between them?

Edited by Kon

Chances are that Mist never left Tellius are pretty high. And who's to say Ike DIDN'T wind up with anyone during his travel to Archanea or Valencia?

And on the Ragnell point, it's entirely possible that Paris journeyed to Tellius at one point, proclaimed himself as the descendant of the Hero of Blue Flame, and was given the sword out of respect or something.

Except Ike could've also kept Ragnell, or was given it back to keep later at some point.

I agree with Little Al too. But where does it say Ike went to Archanea or Valencia?

Edited by Anacybele

Except Ike could've also kept Ragnell, or was given it back to keep later at some point.

I agree with Little Al too. But where does it say Ike went to Archanea or Valencia?

But where would it go in the chance that Ike never had any children to pass Ragnell down to?

And it never specified where exactly Ike went to, but aren't we just theorizing here?

I thought Ike returned Ragnell and Aldonite to Begnion after the defeat of Ashera.

Nothing says he did, though I said he did so in my fic because I thought it to be true myself. Ragnell might have very well just been Sanaki's way of paying him since he IS a mercenary and Zelgius is dead, and Ike wasn't going to just leave Alondite lying around, so yeah.

If Ike didn't have children to pass Ragnell down to, I imagine it would be used as his gravestone like Urvan was used for Greil's because Ike was unable to use it at the time.

Edited by Anacybele

But where does it say Ike went to Archanea or Valencia?

Just seemed like the most logical places he could've gone. Especially considering Paris's existence in FE13. And assuming that he IS Ike's direct descendant.

If Ike didn't have children to pass Ragnell down to, I imagine it would be used as his gravestone like Urvan was used for Greil's because Ike was unable to use it at the time.

I think it would be less about anybody being unable to use Urvan, and more just honoring Greil's memory. Kinda like what Cloud Strife does with the Buster Sword after FF7. (For a lack of any more known examples.) Edited by Little Al

Just seemed like the most logical places he could've gone. Especially considering Paris's existence in FE13. And assuming that he IS Ike's direct descendant.

But the land in Awakening is called Ylisse, I believe. Or Iris, which is the Japanese name.

"Welp, or great hero Ike just died, anyone know what to do with the legendary Goddess-Blessed blade?"

"... Gravestone?"

"Works for me."

But the land in Awakening is called Ylisse, I believe. Or Iris, which is the Japanese name.

Iris/Ylisse is Archanea, it was renamed after a thousand years or so for some reason I can't recall.

Edited by Kon

You forget that Archanea = Ylisse. Adding to that, Valencia = Valm.

EDIT: Ehh. Ninja'd but w/e.

Also:

Didn't Grima have to do with Archanea being named Ylisse?

Edited by Little Al

I think it would be less about anybody being unable to use Urvan, and more just honoring Greil's memory. Kinda like what Cloud Strife does with the Buster Sword after FF7. (For a lack of any more known examples.)

Yeah, I guess. Though Ike eventually got Urvan anyway. xP

Ah, no matter. I'm having Ike raise his own family in my writing, so this was just an idea.

You forget that Archanea = Ylisse. Adding to that, Valencia = Valm.

I didn't forget. I never actually knew. I try to beware of spoilers, see.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think the game designers cared that we would pay attention to this and didn't make anything for real, but I could easily be wrong. I don't like the idea of Mist's descendant, because he's not really Ike's descendant then. Paris however many greats grandmama/grandmama/mama is obviously Aimee, and if it isn't, she would say it is. It would be cool if it was Yune. No, it is Yune. BTW, what's the deal with the demo? I know it's free, but what restrictions are there in comparison to the real game?

I don't think the game designers cared that we would pay attention to this and didn't make anything for real, but I could easily be wrong. I don't like the idea of Mist's descendant, because he's not really Ike's descendant then. Paris however many greats grandmama/grandmama/mama is obviously Aimee, and if it isn't, she would say it is. It would be cool if it was Yune.

I highly doubt Aimee would be THAT clingy. (I mean, I know she's clingy, but is it enough to stalk him for most of his life?) And even if she was, I can imagine Ike (and maybe Soren) leaving without any warning whatsoever. I'd wager that not even Aimee would even follow without knowing where he's going.

Not to mention, Marth calls himself Anri's descendant, even though he's Anri's Great Great Grandnephew or something. Unlike whoever Mist's descendant's are, it was MUCH easier for Marth to lay THAT claim down. (For more than one reasons.)

Edited by Little Al

I don't like the idea of Mist's descendent because he couldn't have learned much about the Sword that way. Ike's son learning about the sword makes a lot of sense, but Mist has literally none of Greil's original talent. Her fighting style in Radiant Dawn is nothing like Greil's when she's dismounted; Ike's fighting style resembles Greil's in every single way after his promotion to Lord.