Which of the Tellius games do you like the best?!

Tangerine

Which is your favorite?!  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Characterization gets my vote in the end, so PoR. RD tried for a really big epic scope but some of the fumbled character moments just killed any chance to impress me.

Also I remember how much my brother raged about his Sanaki getting sniped by Ashera just before he had Ike kill her...I was lucky to finish my file with zero fatalities. Still seems crazy, though all the different map objectives were pretty fun.

Well.

Radiant Dawn for me, because of it's incredible gameplay, and because it was my first Fire Emblem game...

Path of Radiance is incredibly good, because of it's story, it's gameplay is nowhere near epic as RD, but it's very awesome

The Tellius-series is my favourite in the whole FE series!

Both games have fantastic gameplay:

Many tactical options (shove, take, drop, rescue), best use of the weapon triangle, magic weapon triangle is added, good skill system.

FE9 has better story and character development, is more balanced and has much better support conversations, but FE10 has better gameplay. Improved graphics, more chapters, more characters, epic cutscenes, skills are removable, more challenging difficulty, battle animations can be turned off, perfect bexp. system, better defense missions and that the moving range of enemies is removed on hard mode.

FE10 would be perfect, if only the support conversations would not be that pointless!

Radiant dawn!

Went back and played PoR after. Just found it really boring, wasn't that interested in the support convos (who cares - seriously), thought a few of the chapters were pretty good (like Chapter 8)...but a lot more were not so great, esp the first few trainer chapters and the multi-part chapter in the forest (17?) was a total drag...as well as some others I can't think of right now...oh yeah Ch 21 where you had to run around a moat basically..that sucked, and then it only used, like, one map theme for the whole game which wasn't even that good. Final boss was a total letdown, maybe it's different on hard but on normal Ashnard didn't even fight back. And then you have to clear the game 20 times for all the easter eggs...no thanks But as someone else said a lot of the world-building happens here, it was interesting to see Ike starting out as a rookie. I think I liked a lot of the character designs better here too.

RD...unlimited supports, forging, new skills, bigger quest, better music, storyline started out great (love the Begnion occupation theme) and ended well (Ashera). Then of course you get new characters (plus all the old ones)... ya it's definitely better

Edited by Mbf

FE9. Really, REALLY good story. Bums me out that there's no support conversation viewer after you beat the game but concept art, and trial maps redeems that somewhat for me. At the time when it was first released I hadn't even heard of Genelogy of the Holy War so I thought skills were the coolest thing ever. And just the whole introduction of Laguz was really neat. :) Plus first 3D Fire Emblem! :D Now Radiant Dawn... Strike one for me is Micaiah's character. Strike 2 is the severe lack of support conversations reduced to copy/paste bare bones lines. The nail in the coffin for me was spliting it up into Parts. While the concept itself I don't mind because games before it have done it and it really paid off but here I dunno... For me? Path of Radiance is a FAR better game than its sequel but Radiant Dawn is by no means a bad game it just has a few more wrong things with it than I'd like personally.