Which of the Tellius games do you like the best?!

Tangerine

Which is your favorite?!  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked FE10 for trying to do something different (multiple parts and stories to follow), but the poor characterization and availability issues really hurt it. I liked FE9's characterizations better, plus it was the first game I started with.

guess it's pretty obvious lol. Contrary to most people, I loved pretty much all of RD. I'm very biased, though, as it was my first ever FE, and some other stuff also weight in its favor, but that's my vote over there

RD had a good concept with the different perspectives, but I felt that the DB parts were hugely imbalanced due to most of your units being nigh useless and part 3 focused too much on the already strong as hell GMs from a gameplay perspective, so the DB or CRK units had a hard time catching up to them. However, the skill system in RD was better than it was in PoR due to more customization and all that jazz and I liked the overall plot better until part 4

PoR had better (read: existant) character development, though that is mostly because the supports were actually not generic, and I liked the overall gameplay more. Unfortunately, PoR didn't have ledges, something that I thought was really innovative on my first RD playthrough and most of the units were quite usable even on higher difficulties, sans like lucia and bastian or something.

Edited by lolinternets

I cannot stand watching map animations in FE9.

This plus other small annoyances all together make FE9 rather annoying for me. FE10 pretty much fixes every problem FE9 has. There's no way I could vote for PoR.

As much as I disliked RD's ending compared to PoR's (PoR's was amaaaazing!), I have to say RD was better. I liked its story more, it was longer, it was even more difficult, and the chapters were just so much fun to play. I also liked most of the returning characters even more too, especially Ike, Ranulf, and Boyd. ^^

I like FE9's story and characters, FE10 kinda botched them up, although RD did have quite a few cool new features I don't think it excuses the stuff it took out, namely the character supports not being meaningful anymore in terms of developing them or the fact that around Part 3 the story goes completely bonkers.

Can't exactly say that I prefer one over the other. I like FE10's gameplay because the Parts system was so different than what we've had in the past with this series. But a lot of the characters feel really generic. FE9 is kinda the opposite, with gameplay that gets rather boring and stale, but the characters are really fleshed out (JILL!).

Hmm. I'd have to say that PoR was my favorite. It had better character development, supportIk, and had...better voice actors than RD. Gameplay wise, RD wins. No contest. It's one of the longest fire emblem games to date other than awakening and had good graphics.

Ah, RD...What happened to your supports? And why does Ike look like he's on steriods? There's no way three years can do that to you..XD

I don't think Ike looks like he's on steroids. His muscles are perfectly fine. If you guys think he looks like he's on steroids, you haven't seen anything. Seriously. Some guys that are muscular are like three times as big as he is.

There's no way three years can do that to you..XD

Yeah he looks way too skinny

My arms went FE9 Ike size -> FE10 Ike size in the span of 6-7 months. It's actually not that hard... especially if you eat as much meat as ike does

I actually agree with Lord Raven for once. Ike's muscles in RD are perfectly normal and natural. He loves his meat and other food, and he likely trains every day. Not to mention he probably works out with Boyd, who is equally buff. And I don't see anyone saying he looks like he's on steroids. If anyone looks like their on steroids in FE, it's Largo. Or, at least he did before losing his arm. lol

Edited by Anacybele

FE10. It lacked supports, but I enjoyed its story/length, different perspectives, and the skill system. I also really appreciated all the little details of it--the extra animations, the different battle music, sky battles, changing backgrounds, etc. It just had more polish to it. That being said, the balance could be better, but I think it was a damn good attempt. The ending also seemed rushed.

Edited by ProfRaine

FE9 had the better story, characterization, and supports, but I think RD had better gameplay and generally better character art. There were a couple of derps, though.

I thought that RD differentiating itself in unique ways was great. I thought the conflicting protagonists, separate storyline parts and the three tier system were awesome, even if all the little details were a bit jumbled. For that reason I consider it better than PoR, which, while it may be a better game structural wise, I felt seemed too similar to the typical Fire Emblem formula.