Awakening Localized Name Discovery Thread

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY hi guys I have no idea how I missed this yesterday but let's stop 1: getting mad as hell over new names (no points for guessing who that's aimed at) and 2: keeping on this stupid "cel" thing (everybody else).

While I know the EU audience is excited to finally get the demo, of course we can't overlook the last of the Legacy characters in Rogues and Redeemers 1. Anyway here they are.

Narshen is now Narcian

Trabant has become Travant

Ishtar is still Ishtar

EDIT: Okay, Paralogue 21 is now available, and for the Locale on the World map, it is "Warriors' Tomb"

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

While I know the EU audience is excited to finally get the demo, of course we can't overlook the last of the Legacy characters in Rogues and Redeemers 1. Anyway here they are.

Narshen is now Narcian

Trabant has become Travant

Ishtar is still Ishtar

EDIT: Okay, Paralogue 21 is now available, and for the Locale on the World map, it is "Warriors' Tomb"

I quite like these, Narcian is said the same way but it's spelling is.. I dno.. Nicer? I don't know how to put it lol.

Travant is pretty coolilo, and Ishtar, I kinda expected it to stay.

I like the official names to Trabant and Narshen. Travant sounds really cool, and Narcian probably comes from "narcissism", which, from what I've heard and seen of the guy, fits him.

I like the official names to Trabant and Narshen. Travant sounds really cool, and Narcian probably comes from "narcissism", which, from what I've heard and seen of the guy, fits him.

It fits the guy to a T. Haha I'm honestly not surprised at the change.

Rumours have reached me through tumblr that Loptous is now "Loptyr", per a mention by Julius in his SpotPass team lines. Can anyone confirm this?

(I really really really want this to be true it's a great change)

Edited by bookofholsety

Loptyr? Oh, good. I can actually type that name without feeling kind of bad about myself.

Narcian and Travant are pretty much completely better than Narshen and Trabant, so that's nice too.

Ulster's Parley quote says he hails from Tirnanog. I haven't played FE4, so I don't know what this means, but I couldn't find the name in the FE4 world map

It refers to Tilnanogue, the home castle of Chapter 6 and the village where he, Larcei and Seliph were raised in hiding. Tirnanog is actually a pretty straight rendering of the mythological name (also the name of the game making company Shouzo Kaga founded after leaving IS) compared to Tilnanogue.

Loptyr? I honestly wasn't expecting that to be localized, but I like it.

Lopt is another for Loki and Tyr is the Norse god of war (though they were all gods of war)

Ulster's Parley quote says he hails from Tirnanog. I haven't played FE4, so I don't know what this means, but I couldn't find the name in the FE4 world map

Oh thank merciful Christ, no more of that Tilnanogue nonsense

Heavens, finally.

I'm actually rather surprised at Loptyr. That's ...that's good.

Surprisingly, I have a namechange to report in the PAL English demo, albeit a very minor one. Ephraim's Lance (or Lnce I guess) is now Ephraim's Pike. I guess Nintendo Europe realised how silly NoA was being on that one.

Surprisingly, I have a namechange to report in the PAL English demo, albeit a very minor one. Ephraim's Lance (or Lnce I guess) is now Ephraim's Pike. I guess Nintendo Europe realised how silly NoA was being on that one.

hey NoA, NoE is better than you cause they can fit weapon names Kappa.png

Good job, NOE, for, in spite of doubtless an entire arsenal's worth of legendary weapons at your disposal, knowing a pointy weapon with four-letters that NOA managed not to think of while looking for more places to stick the words 'exalt' and 'craven.' Now you just need to fix Caeda and Navarre's names.