So how many of us are going crazy over the release fiasco involving Fire Emblem: Awakening?

Kaze

Oh dear, I hope that goes well for you. Tomorrow is one of my off days, so I'll make the most of it and hope I can get the game on the advertised date. Its Tuesday that I'm gonna have all my classes so I really hope I don't have to get it then.....

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, I hope that goes well for you. Tomorrow is one of my off days, so I'll make the most of it and hope I can get the game on the advertised date. Its Tuesday that I'm gonna have all my classes so I really hope I don't have to get it then.....

Yeah. I'm just hoping that I can get my game, play it a bit before my quiz, and then celebrate the end of the class by playing some more. Tuesday is when I have an easier class. XD

Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I want this game so soon; its just gonna be one more thing vying for my attention to compete with school work. The first week is gonna be a major test of my self control haha.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I want this game so soon; its just gonna be one more thing vying for my attention to compete with school work. The first week is gonna be a major test of my self control haha.

Same here. I knew that this game would always compete for my attention and mostly win over homework. That's why I have it planned that I can only play the game during my class breaks, on my way home(since I get a lift home), and after I've completed any sort of homework that I may have.

Same here. I knew that this game would always compete for my attention and mostly win over homework. That's why I have it planned that I can only play the game during my class breaks, on my way home(since I get a lift home), and after I've completed any sort of homework that I may have.

Good for you! I should get more organized; I have a problem with doing things spontaneously when I feel like it. I think my ADD is only part of the problem....

Anyways, good luck to everyone, because starting tomorrow its fair game, at least to Nintendo; do your best to get your copy and have fun when you do!

Good for you! I should get more organized; I have a problem with doing things spontaneously when I feel like it. I think my ADD is only part of the problem....

Anyways, good luck to everyone, because starting tomorrow its fair game, at least to Nintendo; do your best to get your copy and have fun when you do!

Yeah. I think once the release date comes, we shall know for sure what's going on. Also, we just need to remain civilized like I said in the other topic. Try not to bite someone's head off if they get the game tomorrow or Tuesday and you don't.

Amazon says I might get it on the 5th, so hopefully they're right.

Just think of it like this: the later you get it, the better the character reclassing guides will be (hopefully), which means you can more effectively plan out your team.

I haven't even started to think about reclassing and skills. Hopefully the info I desire will have been updated by the time I get the game.

Amazon says I might get it on the 5th, so hopefully they're right.

Just think of it like this: the later you get it, the better the character reclassing guides will be (hopefully), which means you can more effectively plan out your team.

I haven't even started to think about reclassing and skills. Hopefully the info I desire will have been updated by the time I get the game.

I've been using the Fire Emblem Wikia to help with stuff like that. Though, hopefully some fan related stuff is helpful too...

I think the best course of action for you guys is to chill, and wait for confirmation that your copy is in stock. My Gamestop (Well, EB Games here in Aus) sends me a text, and calls both home phone and mobile as part of their standard 'Your game is in, come pick it up!" thing, and my preorders are held for 72 hours (But I have had them hold it up to 2 weeks for me as I was out of state) so I have lots of time to organise my way in. I'm 18, but I don't have my license yet (Getting a license in Australia takes a hell of a lot more time than it does in America, about 4 years minimum for full license in my state) so it's a bit tougher than normal, but that's what public transport's for XD

I mean, the release fiasco was already sort of predicted when the Monday date was announced, because Gamestop can't deliver Monday releases, and had screwed up all the Monday releases Nintendo had done earlier, and released them on the Tuesday, as that's when they actually had stock.

I think the best course of action for you guys is to chill, and wait for confirmation that your copy is in stock. My Gamestop (Well, EB Games here in Aus) sends me a text, and calls both home phone and mobile as part of their standard 'Your game is in, come pick it up!" thing, and my preorders are held for 72 hours (But I have had them hold it up to 2 weeks for me as I was out of state) so I have lots of time to organise my way in. I'm 18, but I don't have my license yet (Getting a license in Australia takes a hell of a lot more time than it does in America, about 4 years minimum for full license in my state) so it's a bit tougher than normal, but that's what public transport's for XD

I mean, the release fiasco was already sort of predicted when the Monday date was announced, because Gamestop can't deliver Monday releases, and had screwed up all the Monday releases Nintendo had done earlier, and released them on the Tuesday, as that's when they actually had stock.

Pre-orders in the States are only held up to 48 hours. And I know the feeling about not having your license yet. I'm almost 20 and still don't have my license...

Still, 48 hours is heaps of time to organise something from the moment you're informed XD I'm semi-lucky in that my school and my EB Games (About an hour away by bus) are in the same city, so if I get the text to pick up while I'm at school, I can take a bus from my school down to the store and then back to school in probably a 40min round trip, which is basically my lunch time.

Still, 48 hours is heaps of time to organise something from the moment you're informed XD I'm semi-lucky in that my school and my EB Games (About an hour away by bus) are in the same city, so if I get the text to pick up while I'm at school, I can take a bus from my school down to the store and then back to school in probably a 40min round trip, which is basically my lunch time.

My issue is gas, even if I have 48 hours to come get it (I also mentioned earlier in either this topic or another that I never get calls from gamestop saying my order is in so I have to call frequently to make sure it is in) I might have an emergency pop up and won't be able to get it. I also live outside of the city in a spread out town that requires me to drive to get to anywhere without having to walk at least 2 miles. I've barely got enough gas in my tank to get back into palmdale one more time, and public transport doesn't run into my area all that often either :/ They run every 2 hours in my area and since I'm stationed awkwardly in their circle, it's almost a 2 hour trip on bus to an area that would only be 15 minutes by car..

That sucks not having a license though, I'm not sure what I would do without mine. On the other hand, keeping my car up and running is killing me xD if I lived back in a more populated town like I used to, public transportation wouldn't be such an issue for me, but living out in desert country makes it a hassle

My issue is gas, even if I have 48 hours to come get it (I also mentioned earlier in either this topic or another that I never get calls from gamestop saying my order is in so I have to call frequently to make sure it is in) I might have an emergency pop up and won't be able to get it. I also live outside of the city in a spread out town that requires me to drive to get to anywhere without having to walk at least 2 miles. I've barely got enough gas in my tank to get back into palmdale one more time, and public transport doesn't run into my area all that often either :/ They run every 2 hours in my area and since I'm stationed awkwardly in their circle, it's almost a 2 hour trip on bus to an area that would only be 15 minutes by car..

That sucks not having a license though, I'm not sure what I would do without mine. On the other hand, keeping my car up and running is killing me xD if I lived back in a more populated town like I used to, public transportation wouldn't be such an issue for me, but living out in desert country makes it a hassle

Heh. Try living in a town that doesn't have any sort of public transportation and the nearest store being ten miles away from you..

Believe me, I know about living in a spaced out area. The town my Gamestop is in is a 20-30min drive but yeah, hour on the bus, bus runs every two hours on weekdays, has maybe 4 runs on a Saturday, and doesn't run at all on Sunday. The centre of the town I actually live in is a 3-4 mile walk from my house (And my town has nothing, we've only got 7000 people here, we only -just- had a KFC open, it was a really big deal) And from my school it's probably 5-6 miles walk to the centre of the town 20-30min away? I'm a metric girl, so miles are tough XD

I live in backwater Australia, and in a state known for how ridiculously spread out everything is XD Also, before I get any 'You live in Australia you don't understand about this game's delays' or anything like that...(Not that I'm really expecting it, but just in case, I'm used to Gamefaqs, where everyone bitches at you for nothing...)

2ynpkox.jpg

The US release affects me too

EDIT: My nearest store is 13 miles away, but ask a few years ago it would have been 18 miles.

Edited by Wheels

Heh. Try living in a town that doesn't have any sort of public transportation and the nearest store being ten miles away from you..

The closest thing to me is a gas station that's 2 miles away. I don't have an actual store that's any closer than 10 or so miles away xD Yay backwater towns

Wheels: If anything I feel more bad about Australia and game delays because you guys have to wait long for things to come over anyways (if they even do??), I'd never doubt your suffering xD When I was going to college and stuff out here it was a 45 minute drive by car to get to either of my schools and taking the bus was out of the question because I had morning classes and they don't even run that early.

Also I get that, the only reason I have a gamestop within 12 miles of me is because Palmdale got an expansion budget in the last 4 years and it came closer to me. Before that it was nearly 25 miles away to the closest one ugh. Boo to spread out towns and cities.

I just want consistent information about all this is all, I don't care if I have to wait longer. Just not a lot of 'he said she said' stuff

Edited by Saria

Oh yeah, we wait longer and pay double the price of the US. Our dollars are on parity, well, the AUD is worth a little more than the USD, so it's pretty unfair to go to my local store, and see 3DSes for $250, 3DS games for $70, and PS3/X360 games for $100+. Australia's expensive to live in, another thing I remember about differences my US friends told me, is the price of houses. Our house, (4 bed, 2 bath, 2 lounge, 2 kitchen, dining room, laundry, 2 studies and two garages) is about $400,000 AUD in worth, and I remember my US friends going WUUUUUUT XD It'd be closer to $600,000 if we lived on the mainland of Australia too.

/random facts

Yeah, consistent info would be good, but maybe I'm just too laid back XD The only worry I personally have about the date is that I hope I'm home for when my bundle arrives, because the posties here are lazy as hell, and just leave 'You weren't here!' cards when I definitely was, and make me have to travel a mile or so to pick it up from our post office >_>

Oh yeah, we wait longer and pay double the price of the US. Our dollars are on parity, well, the AUD is worth a little more than the USD, so it's pretty unfair to go to my local store, and see 3DSes for $250, 3DS games for $70, and PS3/X360 games for $100+. Australia's expensive to live in, another thing I remember about differences my US friends told me, is the price of houses. Our house, (4 bed, 2 bath, 2 lounge, 2 kitchen, dining room, laundry, 2 studies and two garages) is about $400,000 AUD in worth, and I remember my US friends going WUUUUUUT XD It'd be closer to $600,000 if we lived on the mainland of Australia too.

/random facts

Yeah, consistent info would be good, but maybe I'm just too laid back XD The only worry I personally have about the date is that I hope I'm home for when my bundle arrives, because the posties here are lazy as hell, and just leave 'You weren't here!' cards when I definitely was, and make me have to travel a mile or so to pick it up from our post office >_>

Holy cow that sounds awful (no offense yo). My parents 4 bed, 2 bath was only like $130,000 USD but if we were in like, LA our house would be more like $600,000 at cheapest but closer to a million or sure. But since I live in a little desert town no one cares and prices are cheap. We also live on an acre of land and own it too, so it's a pretty good deal.

Haha well, I'm also worried because my friend pre-ordered the bundle at my store and has it in my name and I have plans to go visit her at college on Thursday, the only day she really has free this week. It's already nearly 2 hours to drive down there (she's sending me gas money) and I'd rather not have to change plans last minute because I don't have her bundle with me you know? I forgot about that until she reminded me just twenty minutes ago whoops..

And now it is time for those of us who either can't download the game digitally and/or want the physical copy/bundle to wait for the game to arrive at their GameStop, Best Buy, WalMart, Target, etc.

Let's hope we don't get any crazier than we already are. XDLyn.gif

And now it is time for those of us who either can't download the game digitally and/or want the physical copy/bundle to wait for the game to arrive at their GameStop, Best Buy, WalMart, Target, etc.

Let's hope we don't get any crazier than we already are. XDLyn.gif

Yeah, true that. xP

But I'm going to get my stuff! I wouldn't dare miss this!

Yeah, true that. xP

But I'm going to get my stuff! I wouldn't dare miss this!

Same. I shall make sure that I get my copy either tomorrow or the 5th(at the latest). Though, I really hope I won't have to get a different ride home on Tuesday if my GameStop gets it Tuesday afternoon...

Same. I shall make sure that I get my copy either tomorrow or the 5th(at the latest). Though, I really hope I won't have to get a different ride home on Tuesday if my GameStop gets it Tuesday afternoon...

I hope I won't have to drag my mom/stepdad out too many times just so I can get to the Gamestop in town that's by Dick's. I can walk to the one where I preordered my physical copy, but the one where I preordered the bundle is a different story. I REALLY wanted to preorder both at one Gamestop, but the day I wanted to preorder the bundle, I was going to a different part of town with my stepdad and he insisted I wait until we got there. >_>

And my parents will have to take me because I already paid for the bundle in full and they know they'd be real mean to make me lose over $200.

Edited by Anacybele