So how many of us are going crazy over the release fiasco involving Fire Emblem: Awakening?

Kaze

My feelings before I got my game was nerves since I was told that if I did get there within a few hours then the game would be gone and I'd have to wait for another shipment of the game to come in. >.< The employee was a little rude to me when I called too.

That sucks! Was yours pre ordered? Cuz they can't do that if it was, unless they didn't have enough to cover all the orders. Oh well, u did get the game, right?

That's too bad that your employee was rude. I've been calling them for the last week almost obnoxiously every day, but they have always been kind and courteous to me. Its why I like my store even though its small and I always seem to have problems getting the game on the date advertised...but yeah, once you open (or in my case, unbox that blue beauty) I'm sure you'll feel like one of the luckiest people on earth. I know I do, and its only for a game that everyone and their mother will have by the end of the week; its how much I've wanted and how long I've waited for this game.... :D

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks! Was yours pre ordered? Cuz they can't do that if it was, unless they didn't have enough to cover all the orders. Oh well, u did get the game, right?

That's too bad that your employee was rude. I've been calling them for the last week almost obnoxiously every day, but they have always been kind and courteous to me. Its why I like my store even though its small and I always seem to have problems getting the game on the date advertised...but yeah, once you open (or in my case, unbox that blue beauty) I'm sure you'll feel like one of the luckiest people on earth. I know I do, and its only for a game that everyone and their mother will have by the end of the week; its how much I've wanted and how long I've waited for this game.... :D

Yeah, I was able to get my copy of the game. Apparently they only got half of the pre-orders that they were supposed to get. I pre-ordered my copy back in December. XD So yeah, I'm happy that I got my game. When I was leaving the store, I lifted the game in triumph and my mom just smiled at me. XD -also hugged the game before he opened it-

Yeah, I was able to get my copy of the game. Apparently they only got half of the pre-orders that they were supposed to get. I pre-ordered my copy back in December. XD So yeah, I'm happy that I got my game. When I was leaving the store, I lifted the game in triumph and my mom just smiled at me. XD -also hugged the game before he opened it-

Congrats on getting your copy of the game. I'm going to be all on edge tomorrow because when I went to pick up my artbook from my GS, I found out that my pre-order should be in tomorrow, during my other long day. So I won't get around to playing it until Thurs, hahaha.

It's fine. When I got there a few hours ago, the employee that was working at the time was the one who was there yesterday morning when I paid off what I owed for the pre-order on the game. She said, "You pre-ordered, right?" when I asked if there were any pre-order copies of the game left and then when she gave me my game, she said "And I already gave you your artbook yesterday, right?" It's like she didn't remember who I was even though it was only a little over 24 hours that she saw me in there. XD

Well, to be fair--and this is a librarian gamer speaking--they more than likely see quite a bit of people there. I go through this quite a bit, too, at work.

"Heeey, did I see you checking stuff out yesterday?"

"Yep. You sure did!"

"Oh, okay. Eheheh..."

Gah, I sound like a complete jerkface now that I finished typing it. Crap, me. Sorry...

I'm pretty sure the workers there will remember me as the "preorder girl who pestered over the phone", or someone will ask me that when I actually get my order. Haha... sweatdrop.gif

The wait isn't what's driving me mad, it's the inconsistencies in information. Some people get the game a week early, some get it because their Gamestop got their shipment and is giving the pre-orders away and other Gamestops say that they won't have the game until the 8th or later. Also,

Comments on that video;

GodzillaCO chips in with 'How I feel after Fire Emblem Awakening being delayed in America because Canada released it early.'

I suppose everyone on YT wonders "What the fuck is this twat on about?"

Well, I have yet to hold mine up triumphantly, but I will as soon as I get it in commemoration of putting this nightmare to rest finally and in the hopes of everyone else here getting the game soon.

I salute you all for the patience you have had and have continued to display! Compared to most people I know, it has been legendary! Good luck on getting your copies!!!

Congrats on getting your copy of the game. I'm going to be all on edge tomorrow because when I went to pick up my artbook from my GS, I found out that my pre-order should be in tomorrow, during my other long day. So I won't get around to playing it until Thurs, hahaha.

Yeah. Today was my long day and I ended up leaving class early due to the fact that I am dealing with whatever has been ailing my sister. >.< She got the flu from my nephew. DX

Well, to be fair--and this is a librarian gamer speaking--they more than likely see quite a bit of people there. I go through this quite a bit, too, at work.

"Heeey, did I see you checking stuff out yesterday?"

"Yep. You sure did!"

"Oh, okay. Eheheh..."

Gah, I sound like a complete jerkface now that I finished typing it. Crap, me. Sorry...

I'm pretty sure the workers there will remember me as the "preorder girl who pestered over the phone", or someone will ask me that when I actually get my order. Haha... sweatdrop.gif

I understand. I just find it funny that anyone really remembers me at that GameStop. I stop in there so often. XD One guy was like, "I know you!" when I walked in there last year. XD

Well, I have yet to hold mine up triumphantly, but I will as soon as I get it in commemoration of putting this nightmare to rest finally and in the hopes of everyone else here getting the game soon.

I salute you all for the patience you have had and have continued to display! Compared to most people I know, it has been legendary! Good luck on getting your copies!!!

Haha. Yeah and once you get your bundle, you can go back to the S.S. Fail Boat or transfer to the S.S. Fire Emblem Boat. XD

Edited by eclipse
Merged double post. Use the Edit button if you wanna add something else!

Yeah. Today was my long day and I ended up leaving class early due to the fact that I am dealing with whatever has been ailing my sister. >.< She got the flu from my nephew. DX

Oh no, that 's not good. Since I unsure if my GS is going to get all nine pre-orders in tomorrow, I'm going to have my mom stop over and pick it up so I don't have to make the trip over to GS when I get out of class. I'd be a little mad if I was too slow to pick up my pre-order.

Oh no, that 's not good. Since I unsure if my GS is going to get all nine pre-orders in tomorrow, I'm going to have my mom stop over and pick it up so I don't have to make the trip over to GS when I get out of class. I'd be a little mad if I was too slow to pick up my pre-order.

Yeah, I was afraid that I'd get there too late. Combined with being under the weather and butterflies in my stomach was not a pleasant feeling. DX

Yeah, I was afraid that I'd get there too late. Combined with being under the weather and butterflies in my stomach was not a pleasant feeling. DX

I'm going to be all excited for tomorrow^^ I'm wondering how I will contain my excitement during my long day tomorrow.

Bah, that GameStop didn't have the bundles in yet. I seriously do not get how one GameStop in town can have their shipment today, but another can't. >.>

The two guys there were nice about it though, they explained the whole distribution issue and that the bundles would arrive anywhere from tomorrow to Friday. And that I'd get a call when they came for sure. They also assured me that I wouldn't lose my money. So I'm not worried anymore. :)

Bah, that GameStop didn't have the bundles in yet. I seriously do not get how one GameStop in town can have their shipment today, but another can't. >.>

The two guys there were nice about it though, they explained the whole distribution issue and that the bundles would arrive anywhere from tomorrow to Friday. And that I'd get a call when they came for sure. They also assured me that I wouldn't lose my money. So I'm not worried anymore. :)

Yeah, I didn't even see any of the bundles at my GameStop when I got my game.

Yeah, I didn't even see any of the bundles at my GameStop when I got my game.

They wouldn't have the bundles on the shelf just yet. They'd have them in their storage room. So people don't go getting other people's preorders and all.

I'm so lucky that my Gamestop is right down the street, maybe five minutes walking distance. I called today and they said they think the earliest that they'll get their shipment is Friday now, instead of sometime between Monday and Friday. A lot of people are supposed to get their copies that day, so I'm going to go there early around the time that they open and camp for a couple of hours!

They wouldn't have the bundles on the shelf just yet. They'd have them in their storage room. So people don't go getting other people's preorders and all.

Well, I'm not even sure if they have that display of the bundle that they one person on here mentioned that their GameStop was getting in.

Well, today I decided to go hunting for a copy of the game, so I ended up going to the "big city" and ask around if anyone had gotten them. Turns out a fair few stores DID get them, but every store was sold out... -__-;

At least my local GS says they will get theirs tomorow. I just hope they don't sell out in a heartbeat, I have school. Would be the worst feeling ever to miss a copy by a few minutes. I may just have to get my pa to stop on by, and pick me up a copy!

Whoooooaaahhhhh....wtf.

So...

Like, ok. I put in my game and get ready to initialize DLC stuff and junk and then...You'll never guess what happened...

snow.gif

My game card wouldnt read properly. It kept trying to read it and then flashing off as if it couldnt anymore. So naturally i was all "oh my god no. just my luck." The 3DS worked fine with my other games and i tested them. I looked up what was up on Nintendo's site and they were like "if this occurs with specific game, you may have a defective cart." So i called Gamestop. The manager was cool (and the guy who gave me my preorder anyway.) and said to come in and bring the game to test it on an in-store 3DS and see whats up. So i do.

I brought in my own 3DS and showed him the problem. Hes all "wut....da fuq..." When he tested it on the in-store 3DS, it did the same thing. Defective cart.

They had ONE left. Just one. And i just exchanged for it.

Im glad my 3DS is fine and i got a functioning game. But i actually feel kinda bad if i did deprive someone else of their game. But at least the store knows theres a defective cart in the lot and will not sell it. So probs better that another person doesnt get the defective one.

So, I just called GameStop today and yeah, they said the copies just shipped today, and they expect them Thursday or Friday at best. Well, I was gonna get it Friday anyways, so at least, a fair number of people won't be able to play it ahead of me...

Did I mention I live near the shipping warehouses where they store Nintendo goods, and I may or may not have sabotaged their warehouses and blew up all their trucks?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/239/JUST_AS_PLANNED.jpg

Excuse me while I rage about something totally not related to Gamestop for a sec

FUCKING BANK Y U NO LET VGP CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD SERIOUSLY I HAD A FREAKING HEART ATTACK WHEN I SAW YOU DID THAT. YOU'VE GOT MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT >< I thought I would miss out on mah bundle cause of your stupidity T____________T Luckily VGP are happy to change my payment type to Paypal tomorrow so sigh of relief, btu still..

Whoooooaaahhhhh....wtf.

So...

Like, ok. I put in my game and get ready to initialize DLC stuff and junk and then...You'll never guess what happened...

My game card wouldnt read properly. It kept trying to read it and then flashing off as if it couldnt anymore. So naturally i was all "oh my god no. just my luck." The 3DS worked fine with my other games and i tested them. I looked up what was up on Nintendo's site and they were like "if this occurs with specific game, you may have a defective cart." So i called Gamestop. The manager was cool (and the guy who gave me my preorder anyway.) and said to come in and bring the game to test it on an in-store 3DS and see whats up. So i do.

I brought in my own 3DS and showed him the problem. Hes all "wut....da fuq..." When he tested it on the in-store 3DS, it did the same thing. Defective cart.

They had ONE left. Just one. And i just exchanged for it.

Im glad my 3DS is fine and i got a functioning game. But i actually feel kinda bad if i did deprive someone else of their game. But at least the store knows theres a defective cart in the lot and will not sell it. So probs better that another person doesnt get the defective one.

Perhaps a more marvelous story then mine and in regards to earlier yes I did pre-order my game, how can you possibly make the mistake of selling someone's preorder the day after release when there were only two copies preordered AND the store had called me to come get it.

Whatever I have the digital copy now the wait and uncertainty was a bit too much for me.

Still at least we have the game, I understand the wait is a few more months for other areas.

My local Gamestop just got them in today, one day after they were supposed to. I've been pretty much playing it nonstop since then, but I'm going to take a break now to actually do my work.

The employee who sold it to me will have to wait until Friday to get his, though. Poor guy...