Presidential Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The group frantically hunts for Marlowe, who had gone missing since early in the afternoon. When they finally find him, it turns out he was leisurely attending a performance at the theater. Not one to let that deter him, Oserckalb ends his life in traditional fashion for the ex-President: a bullet to the head.

Marlowe is dead! He was

You are Abraham Lincoln, the Mafia Snitch.

At the beginning of the Night Phase you will receive the Role of the user casting the Hammer Vote in the previous day's lynch. If the Hammer Vote was cast by a member of the mafia, you will instead receive the Role of the latest non-Mafia vote on the Hammered wagon.

You are allied with the Mafia, and win when you eliminate the Town or nothing can stop such an occurrence from happening.

Night phase begins and lasts 24 hours.

If all actions are in, I may put it to a vote in the thread whether they want phase to end early (this does contradict slightly my established rules).

An unexpected turn of events, it seems Old Hickory was beat to death with his own walking stick. Who would have expected?

Aniki has died.

He was

You are Andrew Jackson, the Town Vanilla.

You have no Night Phase actions, and thus must make the most of your voice and your vote during the Day Phase.

You are allied with the Town, and win when you have lynched all members of the mafia.

You are actually Andrew Jackson, the Town Death Miller.

You appear to be allied with the Mafia to investigations.

If you are killed at night your role PM will be revealed in its entirety.

If you are lynched at day, the following role PM will be revealed during the flip.

You will flip as

You are Andrew Jackson, the Mafia Vanilla.

You have no Night Phase actions, and thus must make the most of your voice and your vote during the Day Phase.

You are allied with the Mafia, and win when you eliminate the Town or nothing can stop such an occurrence from happening.

Day 2 has begun and will last 48 hours.

AllNaturalBears is being replaced by Saya Nougat Caramuta. Pretend they are the same person.

All right . . . here is what I am getting from this.

Mafia is not killing tactically. Aniki (perhaps unintentionally?) softclaimed that he was not the doc:

I wouldn't mind hammering whenever Obama and one of Doormat/Oserckalb are online.

I even pointed it out. I feel that mafia may have killed for metagaming reasons instead, which is pretty lame, but at least it gives us another cop report night.

I took a look at this post again.

Good Day to you, fellow Presidents! I hope we make best use of our lynches to nab scum!

Checked the thread, but I didn't find much to go on. Currently all I see is a lynch heading at Marlowe, I suppose its better than nothing although it would've been better if they'd show up since all we've got against them is a bit of ED1 shit.

Moriarty pointing out the contradiction in Petrichor's posts is valid and I'm a bit iffy about Petrichor's over-reaction. I don't feel the other points on them though, like them trying to please everyone. Seems more like a playstyle thing if anything.

I am indifferent to the cop claim. What's done is done I suppose.

Yeah sorry there's not to go off of atm. In any case I won't be on for deadline I'm afraid. Might hammer in any case within the next few hours.

This post reads as major skimming of the thread and also only reading what they want to read, and never came back for hammer. I do not have as many problems with any of the other players; Doormat irks me but I feel now it may be mostly gut. The way Oser treated the Marlowe lynch and eventual hammer does pique my interest, though.

Fuck, forgot my vote.

##Vote: Cristina Kirchner

Something that may be worth noting is that fact that Cristina very obviously skimmed the thread, and therefore probably missed Aniki's softclaim/my own mention of it. It makes sense to me.

Or mafia killed could have Aniki for looking the most town . . . shrug. But either way, mafia had a blatant hint and did not take it.

I found another in-thread as well, but I will not fish it out for now.

Cannot wait to hear Obama's cop report! I may head off for slumber soon as I did not sleep last night.

Possibilities:

Marlowe was death miller, in which case Petrichor is guaranteed scum.

Marlowe was scum, in which case Petrichor has a half chance of being scum.

ie if I can probability, we have like a 75% odd percent chance of hitting scum.

##Vote: Petrichor

Also Petrichor, why in the world would you draw attention to Aniki softclaiming not doc anyway? What did town have to gain from that anyway?

(This has been my first chance to say it because I wasn't around for deadline before.)

I feel like no one cares about what I post no matter what I actually say.

Since I was unfortunate enough to roll death miller in this game, at least I know I started a lynch on scum yesterday.

Actually shoot, I am getting kind of sour now since this is the first time I will ever be mislynched in an SF game but I have no idea how I am supposed to avert this since instead of taking a chance everyone is going to play follow-the-cop to play it safe, which arguably (since he got a guilty on me) it is the better choice, but I am really confident I caught scum here so I.

Tell you what Petrichor, throw out any reads you have that may be useful. It's worth a shot, right?

If the game isn't over if we lynch you then chances are you're legit (I highly doubt Marlowe was death miller personally) and we'll pay attention to what you've said.

Still, I want you to answer why you thought it was necessary to note that Aniki was softclaiming not-doc. What was your logic behind that?

Why couldn't cop have been Aniki he's actually competent.

Man if I ever got this emotional as scum I hope you guys kill me 100% dead because I hate myself so much right now.

All right . . . here is what I am getting from this.

Mafia is not killing tactically. Aniki (perhaps unintentionally?) softclaimed that he was not the doc:

I wouldn't mind hammering whenever Obama and one of Doormat/Oserckalb are online.

I even pointed it out. I feel that mafia may have killed for metagaming reasons instead, which is pretty lame, but at least it gives us another cop report night.

I took a look at this post again.

Good Day to you, fellow Presidents! I hope we make best use of our lynches to nab scum!

Checked the thread, but I didn't find much to go on. Currently all I see is a lynch heading at Marlowe, I suppose its better than nothing although it would've been better if they'd show up since all we've got against them is a bit of ED1 shit.

Moriarty pointing out the contradiction in Petrichor's posts is valid and I'm a bit iffy about Petrichor's over-reaction. I don't feel the other points on them though, like them trying to please everyone. Seems more like a playstyle thing if anything.

I am indifferent to the cop claim. What's done is done I suppose.

Yeah sorry there's not to go off of atm. In any case I won't be on for deadline I'm afraid. Might hammer in any case within the next few hours.

This post reads as major skimming of the thread and also only reading what they want to read, and never came back for hammer. I do not have as many problems with any of the other players; Doormat irks me but I feel now it may be mostly gut. The way Oser treated the Marlowe lynch and eventual hammer does pique my interest, though.

There are two other posts after that one that further explain the Cristina theory + a vote

Because that is really all I have until the other guy who has not posted yet starts posting. I really feel confident in this because (answering your other question) the Aniki thing was genuinely a test, and I thought scum might catch it anyway, but they did not. I mean, I just feel like this is genuinely the case here.

I might not be around now, I need to sit in the corner.

I never said that a guilty flip meant to lynch, I merely reported what result I got, the above was all extrapolation by others. And I'd rather get input from the habitually silent before lynching you, however a lynch on you would mean we would have the guarantee of having lynched a mafia, and we will have all the death millers outed which you can't deny is a tactical advantage. Sure we would have to sacrifice you but I'd argue it could be a matter of necessity. However, pre-hammer I think we should get reads on people.

the Aniki thing was genuinely a test, and I thought scum might catch it anyway, but they did not.

Okay cool, whilst I may not agree with actually doing it, that helps explain stuff.

Maybe possibly the scum didn't notice you mention it and/or thought you might have been drawing attention so maybe they thought Aniki was actually the doc? I honestly don't know.

So let's see... if that person didn't read the thread too well, your explanation with Cristina could make sense in that they were only skimming and didn't catch it.

Actually you know what, I think we can use our guaranteed mislynch a little better, don't you think? Yes lynching a guilty report is a good chance, I'm pretty confident that Marlowe was scum, so that would mean we have 2 mislynches if so.

##Unvote

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here, regardless of cop report. I think if we hit a second guilty report tomorrow then we autowin anyway, so why not narrow down possible targets? I'll have a look into Cristina and see if there's anything more I can pull.

Anyone opposed to a town-driven cop report today? If not, then say who you would want scanned (give two in case one is being lynched).