Presidential Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

pretty boy sensitive townie

I like this nickname.

So on another reread Moriarty's intentions just seem off to me but it feels unlikely based on interactions that both they and Marlowe are scum; the former desires a sense of authority and junks up their posts a bit but perhaps things will be different once/if we acquire Marlowe's flip. If Marlowe flips town, Moriarty may be a bit more likely to be scum, but there are still inactive people and I wish there were no inactive people.

How could there have been a total of 0 posts in more than twelve hours.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Aniki is scum, and at any rate it's too early to be sure yet. The rest of Obama's posts haven't been much scumhunting, more discussing methods rather and such, saying Petrichor may be scum and nothing definite. While he may not be scum I found it more likely than others at that moment.

this seems like easy filler, and a way to toss aside your opinions later. i don't like this

neither had most of the game at this point in time, why single out obama over all of the others?

so basically you're just putting in a really weak read you can toss aside at any moment when it starts to look bad on you? cool beans

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

petrichor just echoed what aniki posted a few minutes before, and i don't think he ever actually said what sparked his opinion change of me

also petrichor seems way too wary about outing townreads, and moriarty makes a good point here about the contradictions, which led to petri flipping his shit - not sure what to make of that

oh so he did later say he found me shady, but really picking out a single person for rolespec when most of the game who were present at the time did it is a little odd to me

also this post from moriarty strikes me as a bit scummy just because petri's reply was pretty weak imo and not enough to change much of an opinion of him, which was implied here

i still like my vote and it's staying there

I actually cannot really gather what you were trying to say in that post.

On one hand you explain Marlowe quote as making you feel uncomfortable about him, then you go back to me . . . again, obviously not having completely read the thread, with a really lazy sidenote to add about Moriarty. Sounds like an attempt to look like scumhunting as opposed to tunneling, since it is funny you suspect the two players with the most suspicion on them.

Do you think that Marlowe is scum? You were unclear with that. Do you think Moriarty is scum?

May I direct you to this:

My third post . . . was partially agreeing with Aniki while acting as, perhaps, partial pressure to get them to scumhunt more. Moriarty did not have very many actual opinions at the time of my posting that. That bothers me too, yes. I still think you are the scummiest.

Obviously I was aware that it sounded like I was echoing Aniki because, surprise, I was! I agreed with him. Echoing is only bad if it is done without any real opinions from the player themselves, and I can assure you I have my own opinions.

and moriarty makes a good point here about the contradictions, which led to petri flipping his shit - not sure what to make of that

May I also direct you to this:

I can make a big deal out of what I want to because both you and Marlowe are full of shit and even if I do get lynched it will not matter because I am pretty sure one of you are scum !! I just find it amazing that you took the explanations I handed to Marlowe instead of reading the interactions between me and Doormat and how that might have slightly influenced my read on him. My INITIAL impression was that Doormat and Aniki were intown fighting, but that Doormat overall felt a little more shady than the former. The way he treated his vote on me and then proceeded to spend a lot of time with the cop speculation irked me just a little bit.

And Moriarty's response:

You do know that making a huge fuss over something minor is overreacting and it doesn't look good right? Just saying because that's what you're doing right now.

Thanks for the explanation behind your read, that's what I was looking for. Your wording in the post I addressed didn't imply as such (at least that's how I interpreted it). You didn't have to make a huge deal out of it. Anyway I feel a little better about you now.

Instead you also misinterpret the reply I aimed at Marlowe, which was meant to be an explanation of the posts they quoted rather than my actual opinion at the time; the posts that were quoted had a time gap in between them, so obviously there were going to be differences between them.

Thank you for further providing me reasons to feel wary about you.

Actually, upon reading your post again . . .

oh so he did later say he found me shady, but really picking out a single person for rolespec when most of the game who were present at the time did it is a little odd to me

Reading posts only for the things you want to see rather than taking the entire thing into account, such as the explanation to back them up, two thousand thirteen everyone.

You really did misinterpret what I said for your own benefit. How lovely.

The only players I remember being involved in the copspec were you, Moriarty who already got some flak for it, Aniki who was not involved in it for very long, and Obama, who claimed cop. I can read back but when put into perspective this actually makes for a really shitty defense. "Why are you picking on me for doing that thing when other people also did the thing?" Instead of, rather, "I am aware that I did the thing and I did the thing for <reasons listed>."

Overall the post reads as either super lazy or rushed to me, but either way you should be doing a lot more explaining your case than that. I mean really.

also votals please

[2] Petrichor: Doormat, Doormat, Marlowe

[0] Return of the Dragon: Aniki

[0] Aniki: Doormat

[1] Oserckalb: Obama, Aniki

[0] Obama: Marlowe

[3] Marlowe: Petrichor, Aniki, Moriarty

[0] Cristina: Moriarty

Should be accurate

Also, apparently AllNaturalBears is now having trouble with the account, having changed and forgot the password. I may have forgot to say this but DO NOT CHANGE THE PASSWORD.

Key word to note with my response was "A little better." I've been mulling over things and I definitely still didn't like Petrichor after that overreaction, and at least I got an explanation for the opinion jump.

obviously not having completely read the thread

How exactly is it obvious? I see addressing of specific posts up to that point, so I would think that they've read the thread. Why are you assuming that they haven't? What's your logic?

Sounds like an attempt to look like scumhunting as opposed to tunneling

I...what. Second verse same as the first, why does it look like an attempt to cover tunneling as scumhunting?

I can read back but when put into perspective this actually makes for a really shitty defense. "Why are you picking on me for doing that thing when other people also did the thing?"

Here let me help you with that: It's called double standards. Applying a double standard is hypocritical and scummy. I fail to see any problem with the defense as such, because it is a valid question. You've barely mentioned me in regards to the copspec (all of once iirc), do you find me suspicious for it?

Basically Petrichor you're making all these blanket statements with not enough solid evidence to back them up, and I don't like it.

Yeah, I am a hypocrite. Does that make me scum? Am I scum, Moriarty?

I am sick and tired of this working around who people think is mafia and who is not by all of these dodgy phrases. "You're making blanket statements. You're being hypocritical. I've seen scum use that phrase before!" "I don't like Marlowe's post that I am going to quote but conveniently leave my vote on the other guy."

Am I scum?

I...what. Second verse same as the first, why does it look like an attempt to cover tunneling as scumhunting?

"I don't read peoples' posts the same way you do so that makes you scum."

Keep it coming, Tumblr gif. I have all day.

If you look at Doormat's post, they make a confusing statement about disliking a post you made over a weak remark of mine (???) and had their Marlowe quote but that was about it. The rest was a lazy case on me, and I already explained in detail why the case seemed flimsy to me and explained how they misinterpreted what I have been trying to say. It seemed like such a half-hearted effort at best . . . I cannot describe it any better than that.

You've barely mentioned me in regards to the copspec (all of once iirc), do you find me suspicious for it?

You were already prodded into actually contributing to the game, so it does not bother me like it used to anymore. You are missing the point, though--the point likes in Doormat's defense itself and why it left a bad taste in my mouth. Unfortunately I do not have the patience to explain it again.

I am afraid we will be unable t get in a lynch today at this point. With all of these inactive players I cannot be completely confident in the reads that I have since not everyone has shown up. Right now I feel Marlowe is likely to be scum, and Doormat is more likely to be scum than Moriarty (the latter just seems like irritating town with a superiority complex).

I would like to hear more from Aniki and out supposed cop, however. I felt good about Aniki but their content has been a bit scarce recently.

And before you say "Oh do you think Marlowe is scum as well" the answer is yes, and why the heck do you think I still have my vote on him.

I figure that if you have your vote on someone, you think they are scum! Thank you for adding this.

I actually cannot really gather what you were trying to say in that post.

On one hand you explain Marlowe quote as making you feel uncomfortable about him, then you go back to me . . . again, obviously not having completely read the thread, with a really lazy sidenote to add about Moriarty. Sounds like an attempt to look like scumhunting as opposed to tunneling, since it is funny you suspect the two players with the most suspicion on them.

Do you think that Marlowe is scum? You were unclear with that. Do you think Moriarty is scum?

that you're scum duh. why would i dedicate half a post calling you out for scummy behavior if i didn't think that you were scum. i mean i even stated that i left my vote on you for a reason

am i not allowed to talk about multiple people in one post? how have i not read the thread exactly? i moved back to you because that particular post was fresh in my mind and i wanted to talk about it first. i was going to talk about you anyway. i dont have too much of an opinion on mori right now but it's slightly leaning scum due to that post

yes i think marlowe is scum (if he's town he needs to step it up pronto) and i'm null leaning scum on mori

May I direct you to this:

Obviously I was aware that it sounded like I was echoing Aniki because, surprise, I was! I agreed with him. Echoing is only bad if it is done without any real opinions from the player themselves, and I can assure you I have my own opinions.

ok, fair enough, i concede here

May I also direct you to this:

And Moriarty's response:

this was directed at your outburst and how to interpret it, more than the contents of the post - emotion is hard to read

more in a bit

If I am the only one sitting here spewing words and attempting to defend myself then we are going to get nothing done.

I count only three players who have been active and two who have been semi-active and it has been mainly me going back and forth with people who are suspicious of me and this just feels so spammy and hindering for town.

Yo sorry boys but this game is just town infighting right now. My vote's on the only scum to have posted in the thread and I'm not about to waste time writing

since I think the current arguments are dumb. If any of my town reads are wrong it's Petrichor since he doesn't seem to be reading between the lines in Moriarty's posts for some reason but I still don't think his posts have scum intent.

Mod: can you prod the inactives please? Having four people (from memory) who haven't posted for half of D1 is stupid.

Oh, I have. Sub is coming in for one of them, not sure the deal on two of them, and one of them account snafu'd as I believe I mentioned, not sure how that will end up working out. :S

Basically the gamestate is dead right now because four people decided to be fuckin' comedians and wait over 27 hours to post. Confident at least one is a pussy-ass scumbag too scared to haul himself in-thread.

Marlowe's lackluster vote on Petrichor combined with weak ED1 and limp defense of it is still the scummiest content in the thread but everything's already been covered.

Not seeing case on Moriarty. If anything he seems dumbfounded over Petrichor being sensitive toward him.

Like I said, I do not think Moriarty is scum anymore. I no longer see scum intention, anyway. I jumped a little too much yesterday, I think the tone of superiority gunked up my read too much.

i think some more recent posts are shifting my opinion on petri and mori

mori to me felt like he was trying to get petri annoyed on purpose, which seems scummy to me

not sure how that far that affects my petri read right now, going to go to sleep and think on it

bal, can day 1 be an exception to hammer being required because activity is in the gutter right now?

mori to me felt like he was trying to get petri annoyed on purpose, which seems scummy to me

Wanna back that up when you get back? I can wait.

I feel like this is gonna go to an interpretation issue but hey I'm willing to clear things up.

Really? Not even I thought of it this way. I figured this has all just been an unfortunate playstyle difference more than anything.

Thing is, I am aware I have acted aggressively (if I feel a case on me is shit I am going to do that), and that some things I have said may seem hypocritical. I just do not feel that it is so important to focus on that right now.