Presidential Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all 3 mafia pr variants have a way of finding the doctor, or at least slimming it down to a few choices

So couldn't this logic be used to find an unclaimed cop too? And mafia would get better chances to find just one of the PR's as well, and a dead cop without reports out is worst case for us.

But yet there were also positives to it. I don't think it's entirely fair to say it was a bad idea, considering we're guaranteed at least one investigation (and probably more)/scum lynch now.

did anyone actually want to lynch him over that though?

and while there are positives the same results could have been established claiming day 2

Moriarty is saying a lot of :words: but isn't scumhunting in them.

I'm going to be absent for a few hours. I'm feeling a bit different about Doormat now for reasons above, but they aren't a priority right now.

Hey tumblr gif fag boy who do you think is scum?

Getting there. Had to clear up my stance on the whole cop claiming D1. (This goes toward Petrichor as well)

I don't like this post by Petrichor. They're like "well we can do this, BUT maybe not." Not taking a solid stance makes me wary. Later posts were a little better but still not particularly happy with this playerslot.

Marlowe over here didn't want cop to claim and cited chances etc. Well hate to break it to you but unclaimed cop could also be hit in addition to the unclaimed doc. (Chance of hitting unclaimed cop + Chance of hitting unclaimed doc > Chance of hitting unclaimed doc)

I disagree with Aniki but he's explained his train of thought better than Obama this far

Because that totally makes Obama scum right? Not likely. Just because one isn't able to explain properly doesn't make them scum. If you could find scum intent in those posts I wouldn't have a problem with it. But yet you didn't.

The rest of Obama's posts haven't been much scumhunting, more discussing methods rather and such, saying Petrichor may be scum and nothing definite. While he may not be scum I found it more likely than others at that moment.

You're giving yourself an out (see bolded). "Oh he might be scum but there's always the chance he isn't." Why weren't you taking a definite stance on what you're saying?

So let's do this because I think they're scummy:

##Unvote

##Vote: Marlowe

First:

##Unvote: Obama

As for reasons I didn't want to cop to claim:

Yes, cop not claiming makes it possible that mafia could hit cop too, but in a game titled "Death Millers" doc is more useful to town, and I'd prioritize protecting the doc. Cop claiming lets mafia definitely know who cop is, and an almost guaranteed NK as doc should be protecting cop. Not opposed to cop claiming after getting results, but I didn't think it was worth it D1. If a snitch exists, this is a good way of rendering them useless, but scum!action cop have a bigger chance of finding doc and scum!alliance cop have higher chance of finding millers.

In any case, relying too much on the cop is dangerous because of the millers.

In RVS, it's better if votes serves some purpose, voting someone you may think is scum is better than not voting as it generates discussion, and I thought Obama was being overly careful/defensive proposing cop might be cc'd and not scumhunting much - turns out he was careful because he was a PR.

[spoiler=nitpicking]

Why do you not think Aniki is scum? Why are you outing a townread in the first place? And, ah . . . Obama never said I may be scum, at least not outright; he stated that I am more aggressive than they usually see as normal. I do not know what this is supposed to mean.

Is this good or bad to you? Do you believe I am scum? You need to be more specific with some of your statements.

I wouldn't jump the gun to you are scum, just that you may be.

Don't like Petrichor, except for his vote on me his opinions on stuff haven't been very clear or well explained. While I understand that he doesn't want to out town reads early, the stuff he says tends to be a la "I don't quite like how X is acting, but okay" such as;

What I meant by the post was that I do not think Aniki deserves suspicion just for the mention of the idea, as it is a plausible idea, and I mulled over the reasons why Aniki was reasonble for presenting it, while at the same time expressing why I feel it is also a risky move. I am not as fond of it. I would rather it not be practiced, at least not so early.

I do not feel comfortable with outing any townreads early. I stated I do not feel any urgent need to suspect you or Aniki . . . I felt that Obama felt more pressing. Obama's opinions, along with his vote, are not very specific either . . . and he uses appeals, which are not game content . . . and you do not scrutinize him in the same manner? That makes me feel off about you.

However, for the moment I believe Marlowe may be scum, and that is where my vote is.

The fact you lump my posts together as one entity, however, is a fault. In my mind I felt that, if it were between you and Aniki, you might be more likely to flip scum.

Moriarty is saying a lot of :words: but isn't scumhunting in them.

I'm going to be absent for a few hours. I'm feeling a bit different about Doormat now for reasons above, but they aren't a priority right now.

His vote on me is also more of an "The others could be scum but you're most likely" while also saying

I think Marlowe is scum. They did not vote someone that they thought is scum--they voted someone that "seemed to be the best choice" for that moment.

I find both Aniki and Moriarty's votes to be better reasoned at least, as they brought a more direct argument to my anti-claim stance.

Also want more of Doormat's opinions, he's mentioned feeling off about Petrichor but his last posts have been more about pro/cons of cop having claimed.

##Vote: Petrichor

His vote on me is also more of an "The others could be scum but you're most likely"

So let me get this straight . . . you are accusing me of the same thing I accused you of doing, more or less.

ha ha.

ha ha ha ha ha

Anyhow, Marlowe . . . I will humor you and explain each post you quoted.

My first post sounded vague because I did not want to be clear that Doormat and Aniki seemed to be intown fighting to me. That seemed to be the case from the beginning. If you want to fish for my town reads so much, you could do so in a more direct manner, you know.

I also explained that Aniki's idea was SOUND, just not something that I agree with. You can disagree with something while still believing it to be well thought-out at least. I do not understand why you cannot grasp this.

Regarding the second post . . . I am not comfortable with Doormat, but my scumread on him is not as strong as it is on you. Why does this bother you so much? I can only vote for one person at a time, and I will vote for the player I feel will most likely flip scum. This is how you play mafia. Right now I feel you are the most likely to be mafia. I do not understand what you are trying to get at otherwise.

My third post . . . was partially agreeing with Aniki while acting as, perhaps, partial pressure to get them to scumhunt more. Moriarty did not have very many actual opinions at the time of my posting that. That bothers me too, yes. I still think you are the scummiest.

I feel that you were only looking for someone to vote back . . . you have the most votes on you at current moment, so why not go for the one voting you likely to garner more suspicion?

Doormat and Aniki seemed to be intown fighting to me.

I am not comfortable with Doormat, but my scumread on him is not as strong as it is on you.

Make up your damn mind. You can't say someone is part of intown fighting and then say you have a scumread on them not one sentence later. That's just plain wrong and scummy.

I can only vote for one person at a time

And the last person who said this in an SF game from memory, flipped scum. I swear it's a common scumphrase.

And if I'm 'heading up your scummy list' why are you not voting me? Jesus Christ, it bothers me how quick people jump on one thing without taking the whole picture into mind first. Call me a hypocrite, but man.

Mmhmm, sure.

And why are you making a big deal out of this? I find you scummy but I'm finding Marlowe more scummy and that's what I want to lynch right now. Not hard, right? Why such a fuss over what is effectively an FoS?

Yes I can understand that you're changing your opinion, but on rereading I didn't find anything that indicated why you changed your opinion )I found this but I may have missed what the "above" was referring to). If I missed something, feel free to point it out or just explain why.

I can make a big deal out of what I want to because both you and Marlowe are full of shit and even if I do get lynched it will not matter because I am pretty sure one of you are scum !! I just find it amazing that you took the explanations I handed to Marlowe instead of reading the interactions between me and Doormat and how that might have slightly influenced my read on him. My INITIAL impression was that Doormat and Aniki were intown fighting, but that Doormat overall felt a little more shady than the former. The way he treated his vote on me and then proceeded to spend a lot of time with the cop speculation irked me just a little bit.

You do know that making a huge fuss over something minor is overreacting and it doesn't look good right? Just saying because that's what you're doing right now.

Thanks for the explanation behind your read, that's what I was looking for. Your wording in the post I addressed didn't imply as such (at least that's how I interpreted it). You didn't have to make a huge deal out of it. Anyway I feel a little better about you now.

Why are you talking to me like I have never played mafia before? Have you considered that perhaps I do not care if it seems like I'm overreacting, or do you just want to make it look like you are contributing more than you actually are?

I realize I have not been clear in some of my previous posts, but please do not address me in such a hostile manner. I would prefer it if you asked me to clarify what it is that confuses you instead of jumping to conclusions, because the latter also makes you look rather suspicious.

No I'm merely making sure that you're aware and noting it down as something that might be relevant later.

And very well, I will ask for clarification if stuff isn't adding up. But that said you also don't have to be hostile back in your responses, lest hypocrisy.

And the last person who said this in an SF game from memory, flipped scum. I swear it's a common scumphrase.

Come on son you know this isn't an actual scumtell or a legit reason to pick on pretty boy sensitive townie over here.

Mr. Big Shot Poet Chief defending his Obama vote as being ED1 without actually addressing what was wrong with it (cited reasons could've been applied to other players at the time) is pretty funny. The rest of the guys in this thread so far are lookin' fine if you catch my drift.

"FUCKING LURKERS, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE" - Renowned Mafia Player and President of the United States Van Darkh♂lme

Come on son you know this isn't an actual scumtell or a legit reason to pick on pretty boy sensitive townie over here.

Oh I know it's just something I see sometimes and just happens to correlate (which is not a huge reason to suspect someone at all).