Presidential Mafia Game Thread

Balcerzak

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt think that bk-201 had played mafia before

has he?

He has . . . it has been at least a year or so, I believe.

though Petrichor is far more aggressive than what I've seen to be normal.

Is this good or bad to you? Do you believe I am scum? You need to be more specific with some of your statements.

Cop claiming D1 is a stupid idea. If mafia goes after doc N1, they have a 1/8 chance at hitting completely at random, while cop outing lowers it to 1/7 without the cop having done anything useful yet. It's better they don't say anything until they have results.

And scum have to be idiots to counterclaim a cop in an open game, since we'd just lynch one of them, and if town, the other must be scum. Death millers are restricted to vanillas, after all.

I disagree with Aniki but he's explained his train of thought better than Obama this far

##Vote: Obama

But I'm also aware half the players haven't shown off yet so I don't see the problem with his pressure vote this early in the phase.

To explicate it better: A cop claim and a mafia counter cop claim would result in a likely vote between the two under the idea of guaranteed scum like Aniki says but unlike him I don't believe we will be able to peck off people necessarily via associative votes because there will likely be town votes on the real cop claim and mafia votes on the cop claim in the event they don't need to push to hammer. Therefore you would be trading off the cop for a mafia kill which isn't something I like.

I disagree with Aniki but he's explained his train of thought better than Obama this far

This is strange . . . disagreeing with someone does not have to indicate that they are mafia. This statement sounds as if you are only voting Obama because he has not explained themselves as well as Aniki, despite you disagreeing with the both of them. And this also seems as if you did not look as into Obama's posts . . .

##Unvote

##Vote: Marlowe

while what this post says i can agree with it's throwing me through a loop for some reason, it's pretty much being neutral on everything and restating what's been said so far, more or less without really adding anything

it might just be the tone of the post, but meh

##Unvote

##Vote: Petrichor

Hmmm . . .

What I meant by the post was that I do not think Aniki deserves suspicion just for the mention of the idea, as it is a plausible idea, and I mulled over the reasons why Aniki was reasonble for presenting it, while at the same time expressing why I feel it is also a risky move. I am not as fond of it. I would rather it not be practiced, at least not so early.

Trading cop for mafia is an even worse deal on mafia's part since then they're down to one member. Not likely that they're going to gamble like that.

I don't think Aniki is scum, and at any rate it's too early to be sure yet. The rest of Obama's posts haven't been much scumhunting, more discussing methods rather and such, saying Petrichor may be scum and nothing definite. While he may not be scum I found it more likely than others at that moment.

I do not feel comfortable with outing any townreads early. I stated I do not feel any urgent need to suspect you or Aniki . . . I felt that Obama felt more pressing. Obama's opinions, along with his vote, are not very specific either . . . and he uses appeals, which are not game content . . . and you do not scrutinize him in the same manner? That makes me feel off about you.

However, for the moment I believe Marlowe may be scum, and that is where my vote is.

The fact you lump my posts together as one entity, however, is a fault. In my mind I felt that, if it were between you and Aniki, you might be more likely to flip scum.

Hi I made it.

Here's the thing though: The chances of scum actually finding (killing) the doc N1 in the first place with a claimed cop is 1/6 or 1/7 (considering D1 lynch could be scum or town) right? That's not that bad in my opinion. Pregame I've been thinking about a possible cop claim D1, and yes scum would have a deathwish to cc it. Same goes for doc.

Here's the thing. If cop claims D1 then cop is guaranteed at least one report, even if doc dies N1. If cop is unclaimed, then they might die N1 and not get a chance to out any reports.

Scum have a 1/4 or 2/7 chance of killing a PR N1 depending on lynch. Having either PR die would suck for us, but if cop claimed (and is uncc'ed but if cc'ed see below) then it's only a 1/6 or 1/7 chance, which is better chances.

If scum cc's cop for whatever reason and we lynch right, we have a cop that will get reports until the doc dies. Doc shuts the hell up and does not claim at all (even if scum choose to claim it, because something might be wrong if the "doc" stays alive too long). Doc just sliently protects the clear cop. Cop would out guilty reports and we lynch them, regardless of whether we hit death millers with it (at that point, we have 2 mislynches). Cop holds inno reports until doc dies.

If we lynch wrong then we still have a guaranteed scum lynch which makes this become a scumhunting setup but that's okay (although SF isn't being the best at scumhunting lately though.)

Honestly I like the chances if a cop claims D1 but if the cop doesn't want to that's fine as well. Honestly though getting doc protection on cop ASAP I think is a better idea.

##Vote: Cristina Kirchner

Trading cop for mafia is an even worse deal on mafia's part since then they're down to one member. Not likely that they're going to gamble like that.

I don't think Aniki is scum, and at any rate it's too early to be sure yet. The rest of Obama's posts haven't been much scumhunting, more discussing methods rather and such, saying Petrichor may be scum and nothing definite. While he may not be scum I found it more likely than others at that moment.

Why do you not think Aniki is scum? Why are you outing a townread in the first place? And, ah . . . Obama never said I may be scum, at least not outright; he stated that I am more aggressive than they usually see as normal. I do not know what this is supposed to mean.

"While be may not be scum I found it more likely than others at the moment."

Ehhh . . . not fond of this, either.

I feel like Obama claimed too early because he was nervous about the votes on him (read: 1, as far as I can remember)

I think Marlowe is scum. They did not vote someone that they thought is scum--they voted someone that "seemed to be the best choice" for that moment.

did we not just go over why cop claiming day 1 was a bad idea

But yet there were also positives to it. I don't think it's entirely fair to say it was a bad idea, considering we're guaranteed at least one investigation (and probably more)/scum lynch now.

As long as doc shuts the hell up, we're good.

Obama, don't out innocent reports until doc dies as well/lategame where PoE can find mafia.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marlowe

Wishy-washy posts, anti-cop claim stance fails to acknowledge that scum would try to nail the cop's ass N1 and not the doc if the cop doesn't claim, Obama vote blams set-up discussion even though that was Marlowe's only other content and 80% of what was posted in the thread. This guy is a fuckin' jabroni.