Some questions about SNES RPGs

MacLovin

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past isn't really an RPG, but it often gets grouped in that category, While it doesn't have the epic storytelling of later installments, it's a fairly long game that offers a nice challenge. It's a must for any Zelda fan.

If you're looking for the ultimate RPG challenge, check out 7th Saga, a somewhat obscure game from Square. With seven characters to choose from (you only pick one per run, though others may join you temporarily), it's very good on reply value if you're up for the challenge. Just be warned that this game is EXTREMELY diffucult, so save often!

well i hope you like both earthbound and mother 3.

ive actually never played mother 1. the game play isn't as good as the other 2. well, if u don't mind constant random battles u might like it

Edited by Aizenberg

Will do.

Breath of Fire seems kinda generic, is there anything that it's unique in aside from FUSION DANCE.

Secret of Evermore just tossed me into god knows what and I'm dying against the raptor and I have no clue what to do next.

Breath of Fire is kind of generic, but it's a solid game nonetheless. Its sequel BoF 2 is much better, with an interesting plot, a nice cast of characters, and a pretty neat battle system. I'd like it a lot more if the dragon system in it didn't consist of a summon that used up all your mana.

Also I had thought Live a Live was a PSX game. Kind of surprised to find out it was on the SNES.

Live-A-Live's Kung Fu chapter is kinda saddening.

But damnit I like the idea of an RPG built around separate gaidens.

I like the ninja chapter a lot. In fact, I'd say it's the best. The environment has a lot of funky stuff going on, there's a lot to discover, stuff like that. Cowboy chapter also pretty neat. And I enjoyed some of the character dungeons (the music for those was also pretty nice).

Otherwise, I guess it's probably sort of a "not much better to do" expectation for enjoying it.

If you're looking for the ultimate RPG challenge, check out 7th Saga, a somewhat obscure game from Square. With seven characters to choose from (you only pick one per run, though others may join you temporarily), it's very good on reply value if you're up for the challenge. Just be warned that this game is EXTREMELY diffucult, so save often!

Ya that game was kind of "agh wtf was happening" for me.

Edited by Mouse

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past isn't really an RPG, but it often gets grouped in that category, While it doesn't have the epic storytelling of later installments, it's a fairly long game that offers a nice challenge. It's a must for any Zelda fan.

7th Saga?

*looks it up.

Ok, it's got a TETSUJIIN as a possible main character.

YES PLEASE.