Spanish [Insert "Greater than" sign here because my keyboard doesn't have it] English

Junkhead

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanish > English.

I generally agree. Though i have forgotten a lot of spanish

That's kind of sad.

I had a friend at school in 3rd grade that was from Peru but didn't speak a word of Spanish. ):

Hmm, and just what caused this comment to be, huh?

Ya puedo ver esto convertirse en una discución sobre los idiomas...

A friend of mine happened to state a pretty good reason as to why Spanish is superior to English. While I employ English for most of the part, I can't help but agree. There were also a few instances here in the forum (more like the chatroom) and with my friends were they said English is a mess.

Heh, as that famous write once said...

"English is perfect for talking business, German is just the thing for science, French is the language of love, and Spanish... Ah, Spanish, it is the language with which to speak to God..."

>"Spanish [>] English"

>Spanish keyboard doesn't have ">"

>_

(I'm reminded of a Godfather line where Don Corleone (I think? can't remember which one) says something along the lines of "English is such an impotent language to express anger in")

Edited by Rehab

I prefer English because of how absurdly flexible it is. You are allowed a lot more creative license in English than in Spanish.

I second that. I also love how English sounds, which is something I cannot say of either Spanish, Italian or French. At all. But even then, I only know so much about these languages, maybe I just haven't discovered their potential yet.

I also love German for it's ability to combine words (and because it is my native language, of course :P). Where would we be without words like Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz? :awesome:

(Which is the law about the transfer of the tasks concerning the monitoring of the labeling of beef, by the way.)

Edited by domflo

>"Spanish [>] English"

>Spanish keyboard doesn't have ">"

>_

I don't think it specified the ">" less keyboard was a Spanish one. Mine is and it does have that key.

Yeah it was a dumb assumption for the sake of a bad joke, wherein the assumption was further undermined because even if his keyboard in particular is Spanish (and I don't know for certain that it is which mucks it up even further), there's obviously no reason to assume other Spanish keyboards don't have it given both you and Stoly have it, so really the whole post is just a big trainwreck localized in 3 little lines

Edited by Rehab

if you can't even speak spanish

then i do understand why you would think english is more flexible

spoilers

it's because you don't know how to speak spanish

Es irónico.

Yo estaba citando Crystal Castles.

Edited by Makaze

I prefer English because of how absurdly flexible it is. You are allowed a lot more creative license in English than in Spanish.

I disagree. Puedes hacer lo mismo con el español, porque pienso que el español tiene esa pasión que te envuelve cuando comienzas a leer un buen libro. Ademas, no solo con el español se puede lograr esto, sino que con cualquier idioma. Lo que lo vuelve unico es el estilo del autor. :)

*You can do the same with spanish, because I personally think that spanish has this passion that surrounds you when you begin to read a book. Also you don't only achieve this with spanish, but with any other language. What's makes it unique is the author's style of writing. :) *

Edit: I translate what I'm writing because I hate google translate.

Edited by Midnight Nightmare

I disagree. Puedes hacer lo mismo con el español, porque pienso que el español tiene esa pasión que te envuelve cuando comienzas a leer un buen libro. Ademas, no solo con el español se puede lograr esto, sino que con cualquier idioma. Lo que lo vuelve unico es el estilo del autor. :)

*You can do the same with spanish, because I personally think that spanish has this passion that surrounds you when you begin to read a book. Also you don't only achieve this with spanish, but with any other language. What's makes it unique is the author's style of writing. :) *

Edit: I translate what I'm writing because I hate google translate.

The problem is that English has a massive wordbank with which to make use of. It's in part because of how it's a jumbled mash of romance languages that it is so effective at expression.

That's kind of sad.

I had a friend at school in 3rd grade that was from Peru but didn't speak a word of Spanish. ):

I can still speak it to the point where i can have extended conversations across and convey meaning, its just that my grammar and sentence structure have taken a toll after not using it a lot. Even though I speak Spanish at home. I find my Spanish level to be comparable to my English level (speaking not writing), though I think my English is a tad better simply because I use it the most.