• A Positive
    • A Negative
    • B Positive
    • B Negative
    • AB Positive
    • AB Negative
    • O Positive
    • O Negative

i donate blood every time i have the chance. it makes me feel as if i made a difference in this world.

donate blood, people! its fun and you get to eat cookies afterwards!

how do you even find this out? When you give blood or something?

that's a good way to find out.

i think its also in your birth certificate, but i'm not sure about that.....

@Psyche(I wish you wouldn't change your name so much)

Yes, you can discover your blood type on your birth certificate. I am O+(Universal donor FTW)

AB types are known as universal recipients( although I'm sure you knew that already)

But, you could always get your blood taken at school, like everyone else. If you can't stand a little dose of pain for the blood test they administer, I suggest finding your BC beforehand.

EDIT: Getting your blood type and drawing blood are two different types of procedures. I just wanted to clarify on that( One of my friends was pissed at me for a while because he didn't know his blood type and I told him drawing blood is painless, so we walked up all big and ornery to the R.N and whelped like a little girl when they pricked for his blood type. I laughed my butt off!!)

Edited by Donatello

@Psyche(I wish you wouldn't change your name so much)

don't we all? lol!

Yes, you can discover your blood type on your birth certificate. I am O+(Universal donor FTW)

AB types are known as universal recipients( although I'm sure you knew that already)

But, you could always get your blood taken at school, like everyone else. If you can't stand a little dose of pain for the blood test they administer, I suggest finding your BC beforehand.

EDIT: Getting your blood type and drawing blood are two different types of procedures. I just wanted to clarify on that( One of my friends was pissed at me for a while because he didn't know his blood type and I told him drawing blood is painless, so we walked up all big and ornery to the R.N and whelped like a little girl when they pricked for his blood type. I laughed my butt off!!)

but when you donate blood, they tell you what type of blood you have.

that's how I found out what mine was.

and i got free cookies too!

and it was fun seeing how the needle got inside my skin and my blood gushed out.

i love needles

I have no idea to be honest. I guess I can find out one day when I give blood...

What's the physical difference between these different-lettered blood types anyway?

Edited by Raven

I think the first-born child winds up with the same letter but different sign from their mother. In which case, I am A-positive. Also, it's not on your birth certificate -_-

I have no idea to be honest. I guess I can find out one day when I give blood...

What's the physical difference between these different-lettered blood types anyway?

um.. l think it tell's people if you can give blood.

It also determines what types of blood you can take if you need a transfusion. If you get the wrong type, you die horribly and painfully. (Not joking.)

0- can only take 0-, but can be given to any type.

0+ can take 0+ or 0-.

A- can take A- or 0-.

A+ can take A+, A-, 0+ or 0-.

B- can take B- or 0-.

B+ can take B+, B-, 0+, or 0-.

AB- can take AB-, A-, B-, or 0-.

AB+ can take any type.