Rightful King or Aether for Assassin Morgan?

Ike of Paris

23 members have voted

1. 1. Rightful King or Aether?

So I was thinking of making a Morgan that looks like this:

Krom!Morgan

Assassin

Luna (or Ignis)

Lifetaker

Lethality

Gale Force

Rightful King

Then someone suggested I get Aether instead because of the all the active stats I have.

So this we be the build I would be going for:

Sumia/Sully!Lucina!Morgan

Ignis

Lifetaker

Lethality

Gale Force

Aether

Granted, this one requires more work. I guess the point of this thread is this: Is the +10 skill activation from Rightful King worth it or for my Morgan to be the Ultimate Offensive Assassin, do I need Aether to help keep him alive during enemy phase?

I'd go with Rightful King... while Dual Guard can't kick in all the time, with the right supports it should pop up often enough so that you don't need to *worry* about survival. Of course, I'm having problems with just hard mode, so I could be not knowing what I"m talking about :D

Can you even get aether on morgan? Chrom will always give daughters aether and sons rightful king. And morgan is always opposite gender to mu. So it isn't possible with chrom as father

Edited by Deshiva

Can you even get aether on morgan? Chrom will always give daughters aether and sons rightful king. And morgan is always opposite gender to mu. So it isn't possible with chrom as father

Lucina.

Or if you marry any of Chrom's daughters.

The lethality insta kill is much more valuable than Aether I would assume, but I don't know how a 10% bonus would improve its activation rate to a practical level.

It only works with Lucina because she's the only daughter who can get Rightful King.

Um, no. I think Lucina has the same Skill inheritance restrictions as Chrom so she will only be able to pass down Aether.

Keep in mind: a third-gen Morgan will, in postgame, be considerably stronger than a second-gen Morgan in general, due to inheriting stuff from three first-gen units rather than two: her caps will be increased by Sully/Sumia's modifiers, and she'll have a much easier time getting Lightning Speed since she won't need to inherit it. So I'd recommend the Aether build for that reason alone.

I don't really like Lethality as a skill. 1/4 skill rate is just a punitive activation rate and the fact that two of the harder bosses are immune to it is just rancid icing on the already terrible cake.

And honestly, if you aren't instantly killing almost any given enemy with an Aether from a third-gen Morgan, then something is probably drastically wrong anyway.

Yeah, it's just trading activation rate for an effect you really don't need. I don't recommend it.

True. My first though upon seeing this topic was: 'Isn't Aether pretty much a higher % chance Lethality that also heals you?'

The fact that Lethality requires Rightful King well to work just makes it worse. Aether has a higher proc rate just by itself.

Why not just do this with MU! Lucina? It makes it possible and pretty easy. Pass down gale force and aether. Then just reclass to get the other skills.

I think I am leaning to Othin and Onestep on this. Although, I am disappointed that I have to use Morgan F again, but I can always find a way to use him as a Sorcerer in my Lunatic playthrough. Thanks guys. I still want to hear opinions before I rush in on this. Also, what is the best S-Rank Support for Assassin Morgan to have?

Why not just do this with MU! Lucina? It makes it possible and pretty easy. Pass down gale force and aether. Then just reclass to get the other skills.

That was the plan. What I had in mind was this:

Sully!Lucina as the mother. Why? Because Sully only has a -1 STR modifier and positive modifiers on speed and skill, while Sumia has -3 in STR, which means Sully!Lucina has +1 STR as opposed to -1 STR. It is a more balanced build. Avatar (M) will have +Skill -Magic (once again, this hurts his RES a little bit, unlike -RES, which hurts it a lot).

Edited by Ike of Paris

I think making these uber units are a waste of time until all the DLC comes out (unless you have the japanese version). If you're just trying to beat the game then stat caps don't matter so its not worth the hassle to make a 3rd gen Morgan when you could just use Lucina instead.

Just my $0.02.