The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of a way to possibly use Donnel on Lunatic, just don't go to Paralogue 1 and 2 for a while and progress through the game. Then later on go to Paralogue 1, give Donny STR/SPD/DEF tonics, Forged Bronze Lance and statboosters and potentially have someone with Rally Speed. Pair Donnel with someone and have him take on most the enemies(since you'll probably have kill a couple enemies before Donny is able to use all the stat boosting items) in his join chapter and reclass to Mercenary, then do the same with Paralogue 2.

I left the first four Paralogues alone throughout my first Lunatic run and got some hilarious results sending Donnel through them in postgame. Rally Speed + Rally Spectrum + Rally Heart is beautiful; pairing up with Chrom on top of that, Donnel was able to take the front line for massive Exp gain. I can't imagine how you could pull that off in Lunatic+, though.

I left the first four Paralogues alone throughout my first Lunatic run and got some hilarious results sending Donnel through them in postgame. Rally Speed + Rally Spectrum + Rally Heart is beautiful; pairing up with Chrom on top of that, Donnel was able to take the front line for massive Exp gain. I can't imagine how you could pull that off in Lunatic+, though.

Go through the map and mark counters/Luna, have your main team womp those off, then have donnel take the weaker.

I kind of messed up on Vaike, I was under the impression he brings merc class to everyone, but it's only certain girls =| So I might have to restart luna+ again to compensate that error. Although I got smart and started saving chapter 11, so I could change chrom if I wasn't happy with him.

Donnel is usable on any mode, but he's not worth the effort. The best thing that he can do in his joining chapter is take a hit for someone.

I'm up to Chapter 17 in Lunatic+.

I recruited Morgan in his Paralogue and made him an Archer. After a bunch of kills, I promoted him to Sniper. Ch14 was used to train him (just sit him between Avatar and Lon'qu on the southern plank), he picked off Pegs and whatnot, scoring a ton of levels in the process. Ch15 was used to train him and Gregor (who went from level 1 Barbarian to about level 13), by clogging up the entryway with units (enemies with Pass could not get through because of the sand). Ch16 is unsuitable for training because of fliers and open layout, but trained Gregor some more. The stats as they stand now:

Lvl   HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Class
     Avatar  5.00 73 37 18 40 41 34 36 19 Tactician/Mercenary/Bow Knight
     Lon'qu  2.26 55 35  6 45 41 29 27  8 Myrmidon/Assassin
     Morgan 15.58 64 36 15 39 39 32 36 17 Tactician/Archer/Sniper (Armsthrift)
     Gregor 17.71 53 29  2 19 22 14 15  5 Mercenary/Barbarian                
As you can see, Morgan after three chapters is already basically as tanky as Avatar, and will only get moreso because of caps and growths. Armsthrift is sexy, he's only used 5 Longbow uses even though it's his primary weapon basically. Gregor is getting to be decent and will be made a Warrior soon. Lon'qu's durability is somewhat scary; these are his stats after a Naga's and Dracoshield. Still a good dodge tank though. Edited by Interceptor

how many times did you reset for less stupid enemy skill combos though :P:

A lot. It wasnt too drastic after Chapter 2 though. That one took me an entire 2 hours to beat because of Luna+. Then, it was all a matter of not running into counter.

Donnel is usable on any mode, but he's not worth the effort. The best thing that he can do in his joining chapter is take a hit for someone.

Donnel is easily worth the effort. He's one of the top 12 characters for story gameplay imo.

Hmm

Frederick

Sumia

Chrom

Panne

Sully

Nowi

Gregor

Lucy

Morgan

Libra

Anna

Say'Ri

Cordelia

Henry

Tharja

Lon'Qu

Its not like being Top 12 is hard or anything but cmon.....

Anyway anyone got a consistent Chapter 2 strategy?

Edited by JSND

Donnel is easily worth the effort. He's one of the top 12 characters for story gameplay imo.

Sure, if your time is worthless. Donnel's class set and caps are whatever, so you're putting up with his taint for nothing but Aptitude.

For vanilla Lunatic? +DEF/-LCK Avatar paired with Frederick and stuffed full of all of the kills from Prologue/Ch1 can handle Chapter 2 without much fuss.

Hmm

Frederick

Sumia

Chrom

Panne

Sully

Nowi

Gregor

Lucy

Morgan(Male gurranteed)

Libra

Anna

Say'Ri

Cordelia

Henry

Tharja

Lon'Qu

Its not like being Top 12 is hard or anything but cmon.....

Cordelia, Olivia, Gregor, Cordelia, Donnel and your Avatar(m) are the only first generation characters that can learn armsthrift by default. That is an invaluable skill especially when doing pairings when going through the story/paralogues.

Sure, if your time is worthless. Donnel's class set and caps are whatever, so you're putting up with his taint for nothing but Aptitude.

You mean the time you'd take having to manage equipment? To forge 5 brave axes/swords it costs about 25k each. That is minimum of two Gold runs, which take at least 3 minutes. That's all for one character. You tag on armsthrift with limit breaker/all stats 2/Aggressor/Axefair and a breaker, that's not only a consistent but gurranteed damage output.

EDIT:

Note this is for lunatic+ where damage means a lot especially when you're chapters with high reinforcement rates

Edited by Khainiwest

Cordelia, Olivia, Gregor, Cordelia, Donnel and your Avatar(m) are the only first generation characters that can learn armsthrift by default. That is an invaluable skill especially when doing pairings when going through the story/paralogues.

You said Cordelia twice.

You mean the time you'd take having to manage equipment? To forge 5 brave axes/swords it costs about 25k each. That is minimum of two Gold runs, which take at least 3 minutes. That's all for one character. You tag on armsthrift with limit breaker/all stats 2/Aggressor/Axefair and a breaker, that's not only a consistent but gurranteed damage output.

EDIT:

Note this is for lunatic+ where damage means a lot especially when you're chapters with high reinforcement rates

Oh, you're a DLC grinder. Sorry, but we have nothing to discuss.

Oh, you're a DLC grinder. Sorry, but we have nothing to discuss.

I've beaten lunatic+ 4 times, you're still on chapter 17. 2 of those times were experiments to see how plausible it is to beat it without DLC. If anything that was a waste of time. You end up with maybe 8 characters able to survive in the last chapter, and are incredibly limited. Now I'm focusing on optimizing as I want to beat the final paralogue.

If anything the fact you're trying to make it more difficult on yourself, is even more reason why armsthrift is necessary.

Edited by Khainiwest

I've beaten lunatic+ 4 times, you're still on chapter 17. 2 of those times were experiments to see how plausible it is to beat it without DLC. If anything that was a waste of time. You end up with maybe 8 characters able to survive in the last chapter, and are incredibly limited. Now I'm focusing on optimizing as I want to beat the final paralogue.

Couldn't possibly care less, even with divine intervention. If your response to "Donnel isn't worth it" is grind away non-class differences between units and stat-stuff using DLC, we aren't even speaking the same language. Nothing to talk about.

Well just got luna+ last night and ugh it was a pain. Here is hoping to have my all my hair by the end of chapter 4 when i start luna+.

You just need to make it through Ch2, basically. Everything else pales in comparison, so you should direct all of your effort/planning towards overcoming that particular challenge.

I'm 99.9% sure FemAvatar has access to Merc as well. I will know as soon as I get my Second Seal from Chapter 8, but I'm quite positive.

...she better have access, 'cause if she can't get Sol, I am so boned for my second vanilla Lunatic run.

If were going to talk Min Maxing nobody can beat my hipster set up anyway >_>

In Story, MU with AT(reclass Merc) is pretty cool, although doing that means missing Rally Spectrum

Hmm. I went 20 Tactician -> 5 GM -> 10 Merc -> 20 Hero

...and in my game, every single Spotpass unit goes 10 Tactician (Veteran) -> 10 Merc (AT) -> 15 Hero (Sol) -> [other classes] -> [final class]

so no hipster for you. While I'm grinding, everyone is conforming to the LB + AT + Paragon + Veteran + Sol skillset. Everyone.

Once they have Sol, LB3 can be soloed without thought on Lunatic.

Avatar M/F have access to all regular classes, Including Merc.

This excludes Lord, Conquerer, Lodestar, Dancer and villager. Everything else is a-ok regardless of gender. (Well Babarian/Fighter and Troubadour/Pegasus knight)

Edited by Elieson

huh

won't that take forever, given the 1 xp per battle thing

It would. Pretty much have to break out the DLC for him.

how many times did you reset for less stupid enemy skill combos though :P:

There are a lot of early resets in a no grind Lunatic+. The farther the player gets, though, the (hopefully) better the army can cope with Counter spam, so the threshold for needing to reset gets a bit higher. At least for me, I was resetting a couple dozen times per map in the early game. By the end, it was maybe 2-3 times.

Couldn't possibly care less, even with divine intervention. If your response to "Donnel isn't worth it" is grind away non-class differences between units and stat-stuff using DLC, we aren't even speaking the same language. Nothing to talk about.

You just need to make it through Ch2, basically. Everything else pales in comparison, so you should direct all of your effort/planning towards overcoming that particular challenge.

My response was Donnel with armsthrift makes him more note worthy than a character lacking it. You saw the LB/+2 and jumped to "lol! DLC".

It would. Pretty much have to break out the DLC for him.

There are a lot of early resets in a no grind Lunatic+. The farther the player gets, though, the (hopefully) better the army can cope with Counter spam, so the threshold for needing to reset gets a bit higher. At least for me, I was resetting a couple dozen times per map in the early game. By the end, it was maybe 2-3 times.

...wut? The first 5 chapters you can't grind, by that point I would imagine you'd have an army to hold their own. I've only managed with a def+ and a mag+ avatar.

Edited by Khainiwest

My response was Donnel with armsthrift makes him more note worthy than a character lacking it. You saw the LB/+2 and jumped to "lol! DLC".

That's correct. I have nothing to say to DLC grinders, who live in a different world as far as I am concerned.