The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The go-to Lunatic challenge is this one anyway(bearclaws is too XTREME):

No anna shops

No Veteran(avatar must be unpaired until chapter 3, you are free to dump him/her at any time)

No Nosferatu

No barracks

No wireless menu

No DLC

No dance abuse

Sol/Aether is free

Skirmishes are free

Rally spectrum is Free

Any deployment(you can have a full team or just skeleton crew, I've completed it with a full team with even more restrictions)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm... not sure how I'm going to do my no grind run now. I kind of made some bad choices and ditched Gen 1 characters in favor for their Gen 2 children.
Which is rather bad. As I had been feeding those Gen 1 units with exp and kills from previous chapters...
So now I'm stuck with unpromoted units who have great potential, but nowhere to level in because they do 0 damage to enemies at the chapter I'm at right now.
Pretty bad choices all around. I really should have thought this through more haha ;;

Oh well! I got all the way until Mila Tree fine with no grind though. I'll take comfort in that I guess and just do my Lunatic run like usual from now on orz

The trick for Lunatic Mode where MU paired with Lissa sniped the mage from the second batch of the enemies of Lunatic Prologue, while Chrom paired with Frederick played hide and seek while standing on the water, in order to create an overlevelled Avatar

Officially beaten lunatic! Lunatic+ sucks. I can't get a good layout on the prologue. All the myrmidons have hawkeye and luna+, and the mages have vantage+ luna+.

Mages with Luna+ isn't that bad. Decreasing your RES from 3 or 4 to 2 is hardly game breaking. It's more scary when they have Hawkeye honestly.

Mages with Luna+ isn't that bad. Decreasing your RES from 3 or 4 to 2 is hardly game breaking. It's more scary when they have Hawkeye honestly.

Luna+ in Prologue is going to reduce your RES from 6 to 3 (at least), because 1) you're Paired with Lissa, and 2) you shouldn't have RES as a flaw. The damage increase is important, because that second group Mage probably has about 18mt. Luna+ is the difference between a 2HKO and a 3HKO, and getting smacked for around 15 damage will outstrip your Vulneraries pretty quickly. Especially if they also spawn with MAG +2.

If you reset until the Mage doesn't have Luna+, now the only thing you need to worry about is getting killed by a magic crit. Lunatic+ is all about limiting the opportunities for the game to dick you over. Hawkeye/Pass is the perfect Hawkeye combination, but Hawkeye/Vantage+ is also OK.

Edited by Interceptor

Depends. Galeforce is one of the best skills to pass down to male kids, but if you just want to beat the game, it's far from necessary.

If you can obtain Galeforce in a timely fashion and still recruit Morgan soon after he becomes available, by all means, go for it. If, on the other hand, getting Galeforce with your MU would force you to go completely out of your way to get it and/or push Morgan's recruitment too far behind, don't bother.

NM teaches very little in terms of gameplay. I usually play NM for an initial playthrough of my games, then move on. I absolutely BLASTED through NM, went onto HM and had the same playstyle. It wasn't working. I had forgotten that you can't send Virion into the middle of a battlefield.

If you haven't yet, play HM. HM to LM is still a huge jump in difficulty, but it'll at least put you in the mindset you need to be in.

Edited by Phoenix Wright