The Lunatic Club

Shinori

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you honestly beat luna+? I'm on luna+ chp 21... and i officially give up. I screamed fuck this game and haven't went back to the game in a week. If you could make a video for chp 21 luna+ i would be grateful.

21 wasn't that bad....wait for 24 and 25 XD

And yeah....i do plan to record those late chapters if I find a way how to....i might either buy that board or use a normal camera, all i need is to get myself to push forward again, I made a new file on luna + and I am only at ch9 and Im getting annoyed again...lol

Edited by Aura Kurai

Yeah I completed that, and i Did grind for a bit....i grinded with some of the easiest spotpass teams...they really escalate to idiot levels and promotions + skills, even the skirmishes are retarded, the most annoying thing in history is, i had sometimes to refran from attacking and wait for the enemy to initiate attack, those annoying vantage + with the hawkeyes were the most annoying things at the first 15 chapters, 15-23 are easy as crap, 23-25 ill just refrain from defining them due the inappropriate language.

For the endgame, i reached the point that if one of my units fell, i would not care, so I just rushed towards grima and attacked him over and over, lost about 4 units but at that time i honestly did not care. Glad it is not like Radiant Dawn where if another character that isnt MU or Chrom kills him, he regaines 40% health.

Overall I only started a run at it again...i am at chapter 9 and I honestly feel like, this is stupid I should just play on Lunatic or Hard, Lunatic + its more of a tryhard mode imo.

I give you my respect, man. I don't think I'll ever do Lunatic+ anytime soon or even play a run on it again if I do finish it the first time.

I give you my respect, man. I don't think I'll ever do Lunatic+ anytime soon or even play a run on it again if I do finish it the first time.

I do regret starting it again lol....I used to believe if I finished RD on lunatic(hard for the US), I could do this game...that kept me going, but overall, this one is WORSE than RD, because you need to reclass a lot for the skills, grind, and pair up....What I had to do was dedicate myself to 8 units, some chapters allow 10-16 as you know, so what I did, was some of the spotpass or promoted units that join later, pair up with my main units to make em faster(specially the swordmasters like say'ri and likes), I paired em up with units with low speed caps like Cherche, so I could get their speed up to 47-48 and make them double almost everything except swordmasters & falcon knights, Brave weapons are a MUST, so you should keep your eye on them anytime, they start to show up around chapter 12 or 13 i believe with the merchants, you should always take the path of mercenary/hero & on females the dark flier path too, so you get armshift, sol & with female units Galeforce, this way a single brave weapon can last you the entire game if lucky, or at least more than 8 chapters. This allows you to kill without being hit or double enemies that normally you wouldnt, but you gotta watch out for counter, specially after chapter 23 or so. I suggest carrying ranged weapons crafted for damage so you can kill them and galeforce out of there, another thing you can try is, parking a high mov character(example tharja, i gave her a set of boots), so I kept her always on the edge of the attacks so everyone would be forced to range attack her.

So if you do try it, good luck, the amount of rage is high, really high, as i said its a tryhard ode and its only for the lulz and showing off your spotpass with a LUNA+CLA* tag.

So I really questioned my sanity when I tried it and I question it even more that I am trying to re-play it on luna+. I might actually restart it and do it on CASUL mode because.....yeah you know.

EDIT: forgot to mention, you cant really win the game using the base units...pretty much in your endgame you gotta use the Children units paired up with their parents. the grindage is to transfer the skills and give them better stats, at most you will need to reclass them into a lower level unit/the type of class you want, just to max all the child units, take less time & exp than the parents obviously to max out & higher caps, its just idiocy how at endgame almost everything has capped stats.

Edited by Aura Kurai

SpotPass teams? But you don't even get Exp from them... if you want to cheap out and grind, why not use the DLC?

did lunatic before the golden thingy was out, the only that was out when i did luna+ was the golden one, not the exp, so it was doing it for crappy 1 exp kills up to 10exp kills to bear with it was better than the hours of rage. the biggest drawback i got was finding out i cant grind XP of bosses like the one in chapter 3 on luna and luna+

Assuming you can train donny to hero and get him to a high level to make armsthrift procs get reliable... and adding a leaf blade you know... to get gold...

Can you grind for gold in low level legacy characters?

I just dont want to use golden gaffe and heard about this... wanting to make sure if it does work...

I haven't been playing Awakening for a couple days, so yeah still at same chapter, and will probably stay like that for a few more days, but just incase Gerome is just too difficult for me to beat, (I hope it's a defeat the commander mission like I think it is) is Rally Strength valuable on a unit that is designed to Rally everything? Morgan was going to be the Rally'er and Gerome the offensive child of MU.

To kill two birds with one stone, what set is arguably better on a +Speed -Luck MU!Gerome? A Sorcerer with Vengeance, Astra, Hex/Counter, Tomefaire, and Limit Break, or something with Pavise, Aegis, Renewal/Lifetaker, some other good skill, and Limit Break? If the latter, what filler skill should I add? As well as what class? (I'm using DLC Ephraim or Walhart depending on who is better for postgame so as long as the answers don't make him outclassed by one of them I'm fine.)

Edited by Quick

I haven't been playing Awakening for a couple days, so yeah still at same chapter, and will probably stay like that for a few more days, but just incase Gerome is just too difficult for me to beat, (I hope it's a defeat the commander mission like I think it is) is Rally Strength valuable on a unit that is designed to Rally everything? Morgan was going to be the Rally'er and Gerome the offensive child of MU.

To kill two birds with one stone, what set is arguably better on a +Speed -Luck MU!Gerome? A Sorcerer with Vengeance, Astra, Hex, Tomefaire, and Limit Break, or something with Pavise, Aegis, Renewal/Lifetaker, some other good skill, and Limit Break? If the latter, what filler skill should I add? As well as what class? (I'm using DLC Ephraim or Walhart depending on who is better for postgame so as long as the answers don't make him outclassed by one of them I'm fine.)

sorry, Gerome's recruitment chapter is rout tongue.gif

sorry, Gerome's recruitment chapter is rout tongue.gif

God damnit, now that emphasizes my need to know about Morgan in general, oh well. I haven't seen the map at all so how can I tell?

^ Or just train Lucina, who comes from a ridiculous chrom x avatar pairing and can have veteran.

So, I'm doing Lunatic +. I can't say Im enjoying it. Currently in chapter 16. A lot of the chapters had me resetting for several times until the skills werent completely stupid. Chapter 2 had me resetting for 2 hours straight. Now I have to face counter warriors with very likely hawkeye. This mode is dumb.

How do you even do that ._. getting past chapter 2 on looney+

21 wasn't that bad....wait for 24 and 25 XD

And yeah....i do plan to record those late chapters if I find a way how to....i might either buy that board or use a normal camera, all i need is to get myself to push forward again, I made a new file on luna + and I am only at ch9 and Im getting annoyed again...lol

I'm going to be honest when i say i have tried to pass 21 lunatic+ so much i have actually teared up and almost cried out of frustration. OH I CAN BEAT IT! With losing members.. oh yea i can do that! But i want everyone to live! I just don't know what to do.. and now you say 24 and 25 are worse..... looks like i will keep feeding my tears to this horrid mode. This will be the first FE I wont feel satisfied. So depressing. ./wrists... I will be waiting for those vids man! Keep me posted.

I do regret starting it again lol....I used to believe if I finished RD on lunatic(hard for the US), I could do this game...that kept me going, but overall, this one is WORSE than RD, because you need to reclass a lot for the skills, grind, and pair up....What I had to do was dedicate myself to 8 units, some chapters allow 10-16 as you know, so what I did, was some of the spotpass or promoted units that join later, pair up with my main units to make em faster(specially the swordmasters like say'ri and likes), I paired em up with units with low speed caps like Cherche, so I could get their speed up to 47-48 and make them double almost everything except swordmasters & falcon knights, Brave weapons are a MUST, so you should keep your eye on them anytime, they start to show up around chapter 12 or 13 i believe with the merchants, you should always take the path of mercenary/hero & on females the dark flier path too, so you get armshift, sol & with female units Galeforce, this way a single brave weapon can last you the entire game if lucky, or at least more than 8 chapters. This allows you to kill without being hit or double enemies that normally you wouldnt, but you gotta watch out for counter, specially after chapter 23 or so. I suggest carrying ranged weapons crafted for damage so you can kill them and galeforce out of there, another thing you can try is, parking a high mov character(example tharja, i gave her a set of boots), so I kept her always on the edge of the attacks so everyone would be forced to range attack her.

So if you do try it, good luck, the amount of rage is high, really high, as i said its a tryhard ode and its only for the lulz and showing off your spotpass with a LUNA+CLA* tag.

So I really questioned my sanity when I tried it and I question it even more that I am trying to re-play it on luna+. I might actually restart it and do it on CASUL mode because.....yeah you know.

EDIT: forgot to mention, you cant really win the game using the base units...pretty much in your endgame you gotta use the Children units paired up with their parents. the grindage is to transfer the skills and give them better stats, at most you will need to reclass them into a lower level unit/the type of class you want, just to max all the child units, take less time & exp than the parents obviously to max out & higher caps, its just idiocy how at endgame almost everything has capped stats.

I've already raged about Lunatic/Classic. I might throw my 3DS towards a wall on Lunatic+ resetting every single time lol. I mean, I already did Lunatic twice, both on Casual and Classic. Oh well, I'm just gonna stick with my Lunatic/Classic file for a while. I can't handle Luna+ and the Vantage+ skills after going through a second hell on Lunatic. Unlike some people, no offense, I'm not maso enough to take on Lunatic+.

I'm new here, but I'm not sure where else to ask this sort of thing. I was having a lot of trouble on Lunatic mode trying to play it like I'd play an ordinary Fire Emblem game and the response I've received everywhere else on how to clear Lunatic mode is to abuse Frederick and then grind on the DLC. That seems like cheating to me, though. I was curious on what everyone's opinion was on what a "legit" run of Lunatic might be considered. There are so many difficulty knobs that I'm not even sure where to begin. Is it okay to grind on the DLC or is that out of the question? What about random risen spawns? Can you use renown items? Import characters? Are the paralogues allowed as a grinding level, or do you have to skip those?

Thus far I did abuse Frederick pretty heavily, but have manged to get my +def-skl (I think is what I chose) avatar up to level 20. I can't decide what to reclass it to, though. Part of me wants Armsthrift and Despoil, but my strength is eight points behind my magic right now, sitting at a measly 10. I also wouldn't mind being a knight or wyvern rider, but those are probably things I'd switch into after getting some skills from elsewhere. Due to my magic and strength scores, though, I'm thinking I might instead class into mage or dark mage. Ideally I'd get both Magic+2 and Tomefaire before classing into a Dark Mage/Sorcerer, but depending on how much game I actually end up playing I may not get enough experience to do all that. I'm not really sure.

^ Or just train Lucina, who comes from a ridiculous chrom x avatar pairing and can have veteran.

So, I'm doing Lunatic +. I can't say Im enjoying it. Currently in chapter 16. A lot of the chapters had me resetting for several times until the skills werent completely stupid. Chapter 2 had me resetting for 2 hours straight. Now I have to face counter warriors with very likely hawkeye. This mode is dumb.

I'm going to be honest when i say i have tried to pass 21 lunatic+ so much i have actually teared up and almost cried out of frustration. OH I CAN BEAT IT! With losing members.. oh yea i can do that! But i want everyone to live! I just don't know what to do.. and now you say 24 and 25 are worse..... looks like i will keep feeding my tears to this horrid mode. This will be the first FE I wont feel satisfied. So depressing. ./wrists... I will be waiting for those vids man! Keep me posted.

Sorry for asking everyone this, and I apologize double if I've already asked either of you, but did you grind at all or use spotpass/renown?

I'm new here, but I'm not sure where else to ask this sort of thing. I was having a lot of trouble on Lunatic mode trying to play it like I'd play an ordinary Fire Emblem game and the response I've received everywhere else on how to clear Lunatic mode is to abuse Frederick and then grind on the DLC. That seems like cheating to me, though. I was curious on what everyone's opinion was on what a "legit" run of Lunatic might be considered. There are so many difficulty knobs that I'm not even sure where to begin. Is it okay to grind on the DLC or is that out of the question? What about random risen spawns? Can you use renown items? Import characters? Are the paralogues allowed as a grinding level, or do you have to skip those?

Thus far I did abuse Frederick pretty heavily, but have manged to get my +def-skl (I think is what I chose) avatar up to level 20. I can't decide what to reclass it to, though. Part of me wants Armsthrift and Despoil, but my strength is eight points behind my magic right now, sitting at a measly 10. I also wouldn't mind being a knight or wyvern rider, but those are probably things I'd switch into after getting some skills from elsewhere. Due to my magic and strength scores, though, I'm thinking I might instead class into mage or dark mage. Ideally I'd get both Magic+2 and Tomefaire before classing into a Dark Mage/Sorcerer, but depending on how much game I actually end up playing I may not get enough experience to do all that. I'm not really sure.

I'd just promo him to pick up Ignis and Rainbow Cry and then switch to maybe Sorceror if you don't mind NOSFERATANKING!!!!!!

Edited by Why so Sirius?

The higher tier people have done it completely legit.

I haven't. I had to cave in at the end and did some grinding on DLC.

Risen spawns are pretty much impossible unless you do it early on or late when you get the cry/rally skills to get past capped stats for the skirmish risen.

The higher tier people have done it completely legit.

I haven't. I had to cave in at the end and did some grinding on DLC.

Risen spawns are pretty much impossible unless you do it early on or late when you get the cry/rally skills to get past capped stats for the skirmish risen.

huh, i thought on Lunatic they had capped stats the whole way

huh, i thought on Lunatic they had capped stats the whole way

Pretty much. He's talking about the first 4 or so chapters, when the stats aren't capped. After which, they are ridiculous until postgame.

Pretty much. He's talking about the first 4 or so chapters, when the stats aren't capped. After which, they are ridiculous until postgame.

Yeah... it's ridiculous. Illegal forged weapons don't help either.

My suggested conditions are no skirmishes, no buying Nosferatu, and no replaying DLC. I'd call this a good benchmark for a "fair" run: anything more is rather superfluous, and anything less just kills the entire point. I completed it under these conditions and saw the mode put up quite a fight but it was completely doable and reasonable.

no buying Nosferatu

While I think I know your reasoning, this is the only condition that really irks me. Nosferatu is an obtainable weapon like any other: you can buy it from the shop and while I don't remember the specifics, if I had to take a guess I'd say at least one enemy drops it. So why can't we use it? Okay, it's very useful and perhaps "overpowered", but it's not a mechanism that's separate from the main story, so to speak. I feel that skirmishes and DLC aren't particularly "canon", they're just kind of battles that can happen at any time and as many times as you want and that the main game is completely unaffected by these DLC except for getting experience, event tiles, and new characters (Paralogues can only happen once, so while they are optional and can be played at almost any time as well, I didn't group them up here).

Despite my reasoning though, I can't really blame you for saying it, it just bothers me that what seems like a normal weapon in the game should be blocked because it has the potential to alter the difficulty level that much.

In other words, I guess it's not really your conditions that irk me, it's the fact that Nosferatu has that game-changing potential that causes you to give that suggested condition that irks me... if that makes sense. XD

The most annoying thing is...Vantage+ to get hit then countered twice if you double them...lol

Rage mode activated.

And yeah, I am at chapter 14 again....I'll get there soon lol

I've already raged about Lunatic/Classic. I might throw my 3DS towards a wall on Lunatic+ resetting every single time lol. I mean, I already did Lunatic twice, both on Casual and Classic. Oh well, I'm just gonna stick with my Lunatic/Classic file for a while. I can't handle Luna+ and the Vantage+ skills after going through a second hell on Lunatic. Unlike some people, no offense, I'm not maso enough to take on Lunatic+.

I haven't tried any difficulty on casual hah... but yeah, pretty much as I said before, Luna+ is basically a tryhard mode for nothing than showing off and say that you beat it. and i don't really think raging like that should make you keep trying, I am taking a small break from Awakening, I am at chapter 14 on Luna+ again, I'm going to play and do some trolling on Dark Souls for a couple of days before resuming Awakening, since next week i wont be able to play at all due work x_X

Oh, it bugs me too. I wish there was some other way: my preferred solution would be to give it ~10x the cost on Lunatic, like how Reeky Boxes are handled on Hard and up. I'd certainly like those restrictions a whole lot more with the most "intrusive" one unneeded.