The actor tier list

Fenrir

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah lol. Has anyone else seen the Andy Samberg impersonations of Nic Cage? They're soooo funny.

Are you trying to say you like Keanu Reaves more than Nicolas Cage???

EDIT-(I mean, assuming you really think it is funny. I did. It's possible I haven't seen enough Nicolas Cage movies though.)

Edited by Mouse

Are you trying to say you like Keanu Reaves more than Nicolas Cage???

EDIT-(I mean, assuming you really think it is funny. I did. It's possible I haven't seen enough Nicolas Cage movies though.)

Oh my god. Oh my god. How could I have left Keanu Reaves off my list?

Here's Keanu's first line on IMDb... "Keanu Reeves, whose first name means "cool breeze over the mountains" in Hawaiian" Did that make anyone else laugh?

But anyhow, I will say this about Keanu vs. Cage. I looked through Cage's filmography and there's never really been a movie I've liked with him. He tanks the WHOLE thing. But Kenau, yeah he's awful. But at least I can enjoy the movie with him in it. The EXACT same argument can apply to Paul Walker. Except Paul Walker makes me laugh more when he's sucking at acting and his movies are badass.

TL;DR: Keanu > Cage because he doesn't dominate the movie.

Did you mean you had seen them but didn't think they were funny because you lacked Nic Cage knowledge? Or that you had seen them and found them funny?

I don't see Pierce Brosnan on the list anywhere. He is debatably (shut up it's a word now) one of the best Bond actors.

I also like Judi Dench.

Also Chloe Grace Moretz (Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass) is someone I'd dub a "RISING STAR."

Oh my god. Oh my god. How could I have left Keanu Reaves off my list?

Here's Keanu's first line on IMDb... "Keanu Reeves, whose first name means "cool breeze over the mountains" in Hawaiian" Did that make anyone else laugh?

But anyhow, I will say this about Keanu vs. Cage. I looked through Cage's filmography and there's never really been a movie I've liked with him. He tanks the WHOLE thing. But Kenau, yeah he's awful. But at least I can enjoy the movie with him in it. The EXACT same argument can apply to Paul Walker. Except Paul Walker makes me laugh more when he's sucking at acting and his movies are badass.

TL;DR: Keanu > Cage because he doesn't dominate the movie.

Did you mean you had seen them but didn't think they were funny because you lacked Nic Cage knowledge? Or that you had seen them and found them funny?

First off, I'll say that seeing that video, I thought the guy who was Nic Cage seemed a lot more like Reaves than Cage (he had a bit more of a "bro" and a bit less of a "lovable burnout" feel to his voice). That's pretty much why I mentioned him. Also, you know, I saw the Matrix, Bill & Ted, and Point Break, so I remember his existence more easily, probably.

Umm...this is horrible, but the only Cage movie I can remember seeing to start was Ghost Rider, with a friend. Then, a year or two later in college, I remember someone advocating for Cage on the idea that he has a really nice personality/way of being when he is on screen, occasionally, though it is difficult to drag it out. I have heard Raising Arizona (looked at wikipedia) was a good movie, or at least I heard that 5 or 10 years ago. I've seen parts of Con Air on TV and enjoyed it as a good dumb movie, mostly thanks to Homestuck advertising for it whether it meant to or not.

Edited by Mouse

If you are complaining about Nic Cage based on his recent movies only, you should consider seeing "The Rock" (1996). It's actually pretty good. Of course, it has Connery in it, so I shouldn't give all the credit to Cage.

EDIT: @ Narga, I'll try and check it out. I've always felt like Cage is a bad actor who used to be good but now just sucks and gets a paycheck for it. The only thing is I've never found him any good in movies.(Partially because I've seen him so bad and it then ruins him in other movies)

Also, what do you guys think of Adam Scott? I just saw The Vicious Kind last night and loved it and his character.

I don't see Pierce Brosnan on the list anywhere. He is debatably (shut up it's a word now) one of the best Bond actors.

I also like Judi Dench.

Also Chloe Grace Moretz (Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass) is someone I'd dub a "RISING STAR."

James Bond tier with Sean Connery on top and Roger Moore second, you can decide for the rest....

I'm nowhere near qualified enough to rank bond characters. If I were to put anything with Bond on here I'd just leave it to ya'll.

Judi Dench has had some nice roles indeed.

First off, I'll say that seeing that video, I thought the guy who was Nic Cage seemed a lot more like Reaves than Cage (he had a bit more of a "bro" and a bit less of a "lovable burnout" feel to his voice). That's pretty much why I mentioned him. Also, you know, I saw the Matrix, Bill & Ted, and Point Break, so I remember his existence more easily, probably.

Umm...this is horrible, but the only Cage movie I can remember seeing to start was Ghost Rider, with a friend. Then, a year or two later in college, I remember someone advocating for Cage on the idea that he has a really nice personality/way of being when he is on screen, occasionally, though it is difficult to drag it out. I have heard Raising Arizona (looked at wikipedia) was a good movie, or at least I heard that 5 or 10 years ago. I've seen parts of Con Air on TV and enjoyed it as a good dumb movie, mostly thanks to Homestuck advertising for it whether it meant to or not.

I see, I see.

The Ghost Riders were some of his worst work, having seen 3/4 of the first one and all of the 2nd. Ok, good input. Does that put Cage below Keanu in your mind?

Ouch, poor Owen Wilson.

Also add Kristen Stewart for Movie Killer tier (She's literally the number one reason anyone complained about anything in Snow White and the Huntsman, and let's not get started on the Twilight saga...)

This is a good idea. I love all the recommendations.

Edited by Fenrir