What Are Thine Favorite Lyrics? (From Songs)

Disinnocence

Assuming you've at least HEARD of music (although, you probably couldn't beat my extensive library of 2 songs), and you believe "Rock 'N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution", then you probably have a favorite lyric(s) (of some sort).

Here are (some of )mine...

1. "... And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on The Dark Side of The Moon..." - Brain Damage/Eclipse (Although, the whole album is awesome)

2. "... kcab nruT ... kcab nruT ... kcab nruT ... kcab nruT ... ton si emit tub ,elbisrever si cisum ehT..." (Teez, dat backmasking... gee_wiz_emoticon.gif) - Fire On High

3. "So, so you think you can tell... Heaven from Hell... Blue sky's from pain. Can you tell a green field... from a could steel rail?... A smile full of veil?... Do you think you can tell?" - Wish You Were Here (Okay, it's more of a group of lyrics)

4. Empty Spaces in general.

5. "In this one of many possible worlds... All for the best... Or some bizarre test?" - The Garden (Although, the whole song is great...)

That's only a couple though, but whatever.

List whatever your favorite lyrics from songs are as long as they aren't "Fairies Wear Boots" or "Mr. Roboto". (Okay, just kidding. You can.)

... "And you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself..."

Edited by On-Hell-Majesty

"Why don't you run away and tell yourself a lie?" - If God Could Talk, Meat Loaf

"INSERT SOMETHING FREDDY MERCURY SAID IN A SONG HERE" - Any Queen or solo song, Freddy Mercury

And of course, my personal favorite one:

"This is the way you left me/I'm not pretending/no hope no love no glory/no happy ending" - Happy Ending, MIKA

I have many from the same album =o

Don't run if you don't know your walk.

When worded correctly, truth is never a cliche.

This is because so many are attached to their deaf ears.

All mistakes can be marked by borders.

All of love can be traced to a maker.

It seems as if what is most important,

Isn't noticed when forgotten.

Dear politician,

Define sagacity.

My television tells me to panic, but I don't think I'll listen.

All stars could be brighter.

All hearts could be warmer.

Try not to write another disappointing letter to Integrity~

Edited by Freohr Datia

There are tons of lyrics that get me, but I usually only recall them while I'm listening. So, since I've just listened to it:

雨が降っても嵐が来てもやりが振ろうともみんあいえに帰ろう

"Though rain may fall, and storms may come, and spears may fall, let's all go home."

The lyrics are a play on a(n apparently) popular Japanese idiom. 「雨が降ろうとやりが振ろうと」("Rain may fall, and spears may fall"). It essentially means, "Come hell or high water."

On a sidenote 20th/21st Century Boys is awesome.

"Welcome to the Hotel California. Such a lovely face (such a lovely face), such a lovely place." The Eagles "Hotel California"

"Here comes the Sun, dodododooodo, here comes the Sun, and I say... Here comes the Sun, dodododooo, and I say 'It's alright.'" The Beatles "Here Comes the Sun"

Anything Freddy Mercury sings, especially "I see a little silhouetteto of a man." Same for Kurt Cobain.

These probably don't count, but "Le Ali del Principio" from Baten Kaitos Origins and "Kimi no Kikou" from P3 are also good.

My favorite lyricists are probably Eminem, Kurt Cobain, John Darnielle,(Mountain goats) and Lupe Fiasco.

Individual instances from people besides them, that's a little tougher. I also like revolutionary shit by Rise Against. To me it's more about a lyrically masterful song than just a killer line.

Assuming you've at least HEARD of music (although, you probably couldn't beat my extensive library of 2 songs), and you believe "Rock 'N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution", then you probably have a favorite lyric(s) (of some sort).

Here are (some of )mine...

1. "... And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on The Dark Side of The Moon..." - Brain Damage/Eclipse (Although, the whole album is awesome)

2. "... kcab nruT ... kcab nruT ... kcab nruT ... kcab nruT ... ton si emit tub ,elbisrever si cisum ehT..." (Teez, dat backmasking... gee_wiz_emoticon.gif) - Fire On High

3. "So, so you think you can tell... Heaven from Hell... Blue sky's from pain. Can you tell a grean field... from a could steel rail?... A smile full of veil?... Do you think you can tell?" - Wish You Were Here (Okay, it's more of a group of lyrics)

4. Empty Spaces in general.

5. "In this one of many possible worlds... All for the best... Or some bizarre test?" - The Garden (Although, the whole song is great...)

That's only a couple though, but whatever.

List whatever your favorite lyrics from songs are as long as they aren't "Fairies Wear Boots" or "Mr. Roboto". (Okay, just kidding. You can.)

... "And you'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself..."

I just realized there are some that I missed (I was just listening to those said ones)...

6. "... Oh, by the way... Which one's Pink?" - Have A Cigar (I absolutely love this one.)

7. Really anything Ronnie James Dio (including Mistreaded(Live), even though that was Deep Purple)said (in song).

8. "Hahahah... You Lose!" - Queen of Spades

9. "... We'll meet again my friends... Someday soon..." - Finally Free (although, everything from the album and song is awesome.)

10. Led Zeppelin. All of them. Every. Single. One.

Well, whatever, that's all (maybe).

"... Random insane thoughts of neat disorder..."

I'll take you with me everywhere I go

I'll put you in my pocket who will know?

Right next to my heart at every show

No matter where our tails will finally wind

Our paths will just keep crossing yours and mine

Until then and in my pocket you must go

No matter where our tails will finally wind

Our paths will just keep crossing yours and mine

(In spoilers is a bit of explanation)

It's actually about an id I stole once, but in the end I didn't use it for the little heist I had planned. It's good to hold on to incriminating evidence, though...it could be disposed of easily, and I doubt it would work out anything in the courts, but it's still worth me keeping something on hand for me to impugn myself with.

EDIT-Shitty story I know, but it's not so shitty that it's like, "ohhohohoho fufufufu that id has my name on it." Belongs to someone else. So there's a major fuckup.

Edited by Mouse

Oh god too many from over the years.

Back when I was an avid MSN user, my personal message would almost always contain a line of a song I enjoyed.

Here's some from the top of my head. Links to YouTube videos of the songs they come from provided.

I walk my own path, and blaze my own trail, because I'm not afraid to derail.

Can't take the kid from the fight, take the fight from the kid, sit back, relax, sit back, relapse again.

I saw thay day, lost my mind. Lord I'll find, maybe in time, you'll want to be mine.