Valentine's Day

Camilla

Even when I was single I never hated Valentine's Day. It was just another day. I don't understand why some people get so aggressive over it.

I had two Valentine's Days this year. Since my boyfriend and I work, we celebrated on the 8th with gifts, but we ended up both having time to do something on the 14th as well. It was just like another day, though it was acceptable for us to be extra queer in public. Also, just another excuse for us to spent a day away from our annoying schedules.

But like I said, single is fine too. I always get my friends and family stuff too. After all, Valentines Day is a day to express your love for people, not necessarily only significant others.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But there are probably some people who want to eat fancy just to eat fancy, not the ones who just do it as a gift to show that they will do whatever they can for their love~ That isn't the day's fault either. It's just the people who are to blame, again.

This is what I had a problem with...not particularly on Valentine's Day, but why blame someone for their tastes? I mean, to be suspicious of them for their emotions or judgments is one thing, but I think blaming people for feeling a certain way is s-silly. I suppose I agree that I don't really understand the point of dressing fancy for a dinner except because other people at the dinner expect it, but all the same, if that kind of structure is what they desire to keep their lives, their happiness, or whatever in order, then I'd like to suit myself to it at least to some extent.

Yet it makes me sad to see a bowl of soup go with traces of broth at the bottom, or to see bones taken away with meat that could so easily be torn away still on them. But my judgment is that it's not fair to waiters and one's fellow diners to feast on all their leftovers and block up traffic, so if a waiter comes to take away a dish, I often let them take it, even if there's something I want. Yet I'd largely defend myself from the charge of gluttony on a social level - only on an individual level.

Well anyway, I can safely say I have no idea what love is supposed to mean in relation to Valentine's Day, but I'm cool with a day for couples and pink hearts.

I have to admit, though, I'm a slow thinker. Just about 5 days back, there was a couple making a scene on a train and feeling happy with themselves for chasing a lady in the bench in front of them away. I was across the aisle from them, and I'm good enough at reading at this point that I could make progress in my book and try and think of some way to irritate them. But I couldn't really think of an effective enough method. It was only a few days later that I realized I should have just stared directly at them and smiled - a perfectly fun technique to implement in college, certainly.

The truth is, though, for a space like a commuter train, even on a late night, I'd rather teach youngsters some respect for their perfectly functional benches, but I admit I simply don't have the old man acumen for such discipline.

(Oh and for god's sake free I'm not talking about you and integ, rather, true strangers, but for now I'm happy to embrace the term "creeper."

Well yes anyway Yom Kippur is more important than Valentine's Day, which is likely just some stuff invented by a heathen anyway.

Never cared for valentines day. Not because i have never had anyone to share it with but rather because I don't see why a couple can't have an spontaneous valentine's day. Its kinda silly to be romantic on valentines day. I assume it would be much better to do it by surprise rather than when they expect it.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Are you honestly asking me as though I would have a clue?

EDIT-Hint: I wouldn't.

You kinda made it look like you did though x3

We met just last December, and we're about to meet again in 7 days~ /brag? =3

Edited by Freohr Datia