RN system?

Chiki

I find myself getting hit over and over again by 10-30% hit attacks. That didn't even happen during my FE10 HM LTC playthrough where I had hundreds of chapter attempts for the game.

Does this game use the 2 RN system and am I just unlucky? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I dunno. There's something about this RN system that seems different. I definitely have seen low % crits fired off a lot more frequently than expected. PEMN but it does seem like low %s happen more often and the possibility of whiffing 90%+ attacks also seems higher.

Hmmm... How should I put it? With crit hits, it's more like 13% seems to equal, like, 20% or something. It's hard to quantify, so they don't hit that often, but instead often enough that it doesn't feel like 13%. As for regular hit %... I've been getting single number RNG vibes. But maybe I'm just unlucky.

My Anna in Paralogue 2 in Normal Mode got killed by a bunch of bandits with 10-20 hit.

Bandits are really dangerous because of either my weird luck or the new RN system on normal mode, which is saying something.

^I agree. I've been missing too often in the low 90's for it to be the 2RN system. The <30% hit rates seem right inbetween the 1RN and 2RN systems--which is just completely stupid to even try to understand. In other words: low hitrates seem to hit more often than in the 2RN system, but they seem to hit less than the 1RN system. Obviously, this is plain silly and attributed to weird luck. o.o;

I wonder as well. Sometimes (especially with critical hits) the numbers just seem like guidelines. I've gotten hit and hit plenty of times when I statistically shouldn't have.

That's only true if you've been hit by attacks with 0% accuracy.

Anyways, this game feels like hit rates are back to a single RN.

I don't know what one rng or two rng system really means. I guess the game simulates a random roll and uses just one result in the one rng system?

Don't worry, serenesforest.net has every info you need: http://www.serenesfo...al/truehit.html

Btw. is it possible to explore this question by using battle saves in casual mode? Or is there no way to easily influence the RNG like you could in the GBA Fire Emblems?

Edited by Lusankya

Don't worry, serenesforest.net has every info you need: http://www.serenesfo...al/truehit.html

Btw. is it possible to explore this question by using battle saves in casual mode? Or is there no way to easily influence the RNG like you could in the GBA Fire Emblems?

RNG is on a seed when you use battle saves, so no way to manip.

I agree, the best way to test it would be to record a couple thousand results of the exact same displayed hit rate(excluding 100, 0 and numbers not close to 50%), preferably close to either 75% or 25% displayed hit which have the greatest difference from their associated true hit.

1361180863[/url]' post='2289186']

Thank you, so it basically either displays a true percentage on 1 Rn or an estimate that skews by averages on 2 Rn.

There's an error, I believe.

It says when there is a hit value of 1, then the average role in a 2n number system hast to be less then 1, when it should say hit, and it says hit for the rest of them.

There's an error, I believe.

It says when there is a hit value of 1, then the average role in a 2n number system hast to be less then 1, when it should say hit, and it says hit for the rest of them.

You mean:

"To miss, the averaged value of the 2 RNs must be lower than 1. In other words,"

Yeah it should be hit instead of miss.

Low% hits happen even in the 2rn system. I've been hit by really low%s a lot before in the confirmed 2rn games. I dont think a couple of badluck instances are enough to prove a 1rn system.