Grima's Relation to Past Lore?

Grima could always be an Earth Dragon anomaly. Maybe he got something that turned him into what he is now?

The Dark Sphere? It was capable of turning Hardin into OMGWTHHOWDIDTHATHAPPEN.

And though the gems that go into fire emblem exist elsewhere they all have different names and none of them have their properties mentioned...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he's saying is that Jugdral and Archanea use seperate calendars. Archanea's is at least 300 years behind Jugdral's. Which is part of what makes it impossible for Medeus to be behind Loptous's actions.

@bolded: There's very little to no evidence suggesting that Tellius and Elibe are in the same world as Archanea and Jugdral. And it's highly possible Tellius took place before the other FEs anyways despite this.

Timelines as well as Calanders cannot possibly be separate. Nope, sorry.

Yes, it can. Our Gregorian Calendar doesn't match with most of the other calendars the rest of the world has seen, and you know why? Because back then, people were divided. Different cultures, religions, and civilizations. Contact was little, certainly not at the globalized level it is today. All those groups would establish their own customs, their own rules, and that includes their own calendars.

Just like how Europe and America were separate for hundreds of years, with civilizations like the Mayans and Aztecs having their own calendars, different from the Gregorian Calendar Europe would adopt, so too Akaneia and Jugdral are in a period were contact between themselves is scarce. Therefore, it's not illogical that both continents would have their own calendars, which started on separate points, and therefore, their years don't match.

It's true that Gotoh and Medeus would know each other, because the Dragon Tribe was once united. The Earth Dragons branched off when they sans Medeus refused to turn into Manaketes. Goth was entrusted on many tasks by Naga after the latter died, so that's how Gotoh can know so much of Medeus and on what to do.

Continents can be separate, but never timelines.

Honestly I can't figure out how Grima is their descendant. Hes stronger than any Earth Dragon and is absolutely colossal in size. He also doesn't look like them. I mean, maybe he has some Dark Dragon features, but even then.

There is no further information about him other than being the Earth Dragon's desendant.

Once again, you're ignoring the facts that Medeus was a completely alright guy before he waged war on Archanea, and that the events involving Loptous predates events involving Medeus.

Alright, yes.

But how could he go mad to wage war on Archanea in Anri's time? That along with what desendant that Grima is what I'm still trying to figure out.

I have to agree here. That thing is so monstrous he made the castle seem like a little girl's dollhouse. <<; Medeus took up one tile on the map and Grima IS the map. >>

Somebody already put forth this theory, but perhaps Grima is all the Earth Dragons fused into one. After all, the Earth Dragons are totally absent, while the Binding Shield and the Dragon's Table serve new functions.

That might also explain why its got multiple wings and eyes.

Wait!?

FUSION-HA as in Namekian dragon fusion? Only played this in Japanese, so I wouldn't know whether Grima was fused, or not.

Interesting theory. Though I wonder how that would happen. Perhaps it has to do with them being sealed away for so long?

There really is no telling of how the fusion happened as this still needs to be further investigated.

Dear god, this is making the old debates about the LoZ unified timeline look like a simple walk. I`ll stand over here and stick to just not thinking too hard about it.

It cannot be simplified when there is only one timeline with Awakening happening at the latest time.

The Dark Sphere? It was capable of turning Hardin into OMGWTHHOWDIDTHATHAPPEN.

And though the gems that go into fire emblem exist elsewhere they all have different names and none of them have their properties mentioned...

Don't forget, Gharnef.

He actually was kind until the orb consumed his soul which lead to destruction. His heart was weak. Hardin's wasn't.

Hardin was evil, because Medeus inhabited his body as his resisted the Orb's evilness. It made him so easy to control after finding out that Nyna didn't love him.

Edited by Katarina

Well, the runes on the shield suggest they're the same type of orbs. Also, the original orbs were dragon heirlooms, so I doubt they just created a new set, but I guess it depends on the circumstances.

EDIT

It cannot be simplified when there is only one timeline with Awakening happening at the latest time.

You don't know that.

The latest DLC episode mentions there's ten worlds, or rather ten timelines. Plus Awakening introduced the whole concept of...

time travel.

EDIT2

Get out of this thread X D

But seriously, Shouzou Kaga--the game's creator--said that Archanea and Jugdral's calendars are offset. Are you arguing with the creator?

Edited by VincentASM

Continents can be separate, but never timelines.

Except the dates shown to us are of calendars. Calendars used by the inhabitants of the continents. Again, there is no reason Akaneia would use Jugdralian dates or vice versa, especially when they have little to nonexistent contact between themselves.

The time lines shown to us are not series-wide. They're only restricted to their own games/continents. They don't overlap nor interact with each other.

Well, the runes on the shield suggest they're the same type of orbs. Also, the original orbs were dragon heirlooms, so I doubt they just created a new set, but I guess it depends on the circumstances.

EDIT

You don't know that.

The latest DLC episode mentions there's ten worlds, or rather ten timelines. Plus Awakening introduced the whole concept of...

time travel.

EDIT2

Get out of this thread X D

But seriously, Shouzou Kaga--the game's creator--said that Archanea and Jugdral's calendars are offset. Are you arguing with the creator?

Offset, yes.

Only way to connect this is that they've magically time travelled somehow.

-----

Or it could be that Medeus travelled in another era somehow to cause havoc as it was never told how the characters can travel through time.

Mother-Pokey used a time machine to travel 100 years in the future from Mother 2.

Fire Emblem-Unknown of how time travel works. As the middle ages wouldn't have the technology to invent time machines.

Edited by Katarina

Don't forget, Gharnef.

He actually was kind until the orb consumed his soul which lead to destruction. His heart was weak. Hardin's wasn't.

Hardin was evil, because Medeus inhabited his body as his resisted the Orb's evilness.

Ah. I never completely played through FE12. I got to a certain point in the game and the emulator started lagging like heck. It was odd that the game ran very well up until the desert chapter with all the wild wyverns. After that point it became a pain to run.

Or it could be that Medeus travelled in another era somehow to cause havoc as it was never told how the characters can travel through time.

Mother-Pokey used a time machine to travel 100 years in the future from Mother 2.

Fire Emblem-Unknown of how time travel works. As the middle ages wouldn't have the technology to invent time machines.

It was Naga. It's stated as much in-game.

Except the dates shown to us are of calendars. Calendars used by the inhabitants of the continents. Again, there is no reason Akaneia would use Jugdralian dates or vice versa, especially when they have little to nonexistent contact between themselves.

The time lines shown to us are not series-wide. They're only restricted to their own games/continents. They don't overlap nor interact with each other.

Not complete.

Only way to make sense of this.

These sinister characters had to reverse time somehow to make something like this happen. Eradicating one timeline and putting in another.

Not complete.

Only way to make sense of this.

These sinister characters had to reverse time somehow to make something like this happen. Eradicating one timeline and putting in another.

Why are you so adamant to refer to them as time lines? They're calendars, presented to us in a format clearly reminiscent of real calendars. There can be a single time line, but many calendars keeping track of events at their own pace. All instances of years and dates shown to us are in regards to a calendar, not a time line.

Ah. I never completely played through FE12. I got to a certain point in the game and the emulator started lagging like heck. It was odd that the game ran very well up until the desert chapter with all the wild wyverns. After that point it became a pain to run.

Probably because of all of the pixels there that the emulator cannot stand.

-----

Then again, I'm beginning to think that time travel has to be done through constellation of the gods in the middle ages.

I forgot to also say that Hardin was so easy to control after he found out that Nyna didn't love him.

So....

Anri's time (Archanea)

(Reverse Time)

Seliph's time (Jugral)

(Continuing time from here the rest of the series)

Edited by Katarina

Alright, yes.

But how could he go mad to wage war on Archanea in Anri's time?

He grew sick and tired of how Manaketes were treated, and opted to go for the forceful approach instead of the peaceful approach. Needless to say, there was opposition to his methods even from other Manaketes, especially considering what his methods were.

Wait!?

FUSION-HA as in Namekian dragon fusion? Only played this in Japanese, so I wouldn't know whether Grima was fused, or not.

I think we would know before this thread was even made if the Japanese version mentioned something about a mass fusion. Edited by Little Al

He grew sick and tired of how Manaketes were treated, and opted to go for the forceful approach instead of the peaceful approach. Needless to say, there was opposition to his methods even from other Manaketes, especially considering what his methods were.

I think we would know before this thread was even made if the Japanese version mentioned something about a mass fusion.

That at least Rey, TE, and Vince can read and post to us.

-----

I'M SO STUPID.

OF COURSE. IT'S WAS ANNA WHO CAN CONTROL TIME! THAT'S IT! Yes I have it all figured out! Anna is the goddess of time! Because why is she seen in every Fire Emblem game? It was her that has made all of these timelines allowing characters/evildours to go within these time paradoxes. She is actually seen in a paradox of the end of time in FE13. FE13's Spotpass area has told me this answer.

Edited by Katarina

Why are you so adamant to refer to them as time lines? They're calendars, presented to us in a format clearly reminiscent of real calendars. There can be a single time line, but many calendars keeping track of events at their own pace. All instances of years and dates shown to us are in regards to a calendar, not a time line.

I'm curious about this too. it's not like there aren't different calendars in real life even now among highly global countries. Things like "Heisei 25", for example, has meaning in Japan because it's a valid calendar system. But nowhere else. For reference, that would be 2013 by the standard calendar system. No time travel involved.

...Anna wasn't in Gaiden

Besides, there is more than one Anna....

Unless she Time traveled so much there are so many copies running around she just said she has lot's of sisters :000

You hit the nail on the head.

Many of her copies were running about after so much time travel that she actually met her selves. ^-^

I'm curious about this too. it's not like there aren't different calendars in real life even now among highly global countries. Things like "Heisei 25", for example, has meaning in Japan because it's a valid calendar system. But nowhere else. For reference, that would be 2013 by the standard calendar system. No time travel involved.

Considering the person that was defending the "calandars = time lines" claim has a tendency to make claims that aren't typically taken seriously, I guess this was to be expected.

Medeus had to travel through time after his defeat of Marth of Book II after Anna was messing around with time in the paradox to carry on his legacy of inhabiting Judgral by inhabiting Loptous' body thereafter to inhabit Julius' to carry on his ambitions.

Chrono Trigger/Mother, anyone?

Edited by Katarina

And that the Spotpass portal is her home and that the characters/villians can come within this game as well as every other!

Only thing I wonder now is from Tear Ring Saga's era, what ancestor was Gwenchaos from what Dark Dragon tribe? Or where he came from?

Anna appeared in secret shops in this game, she had to create this timeline too, so what timeline was Tear Ring Saga's? Since this site doesn't explain anything about Tear Ring Saga's era at all.

EDIT: I've found it!

http://www.serenesforest.net/general/emblemsaga.html

---Will characters from previous games make a return?

Kaga: A certain shape-shifting youth will have an important role, in the guise of a mysterious bard and sage. Since this game occurs in the same time period as the first game, Dark Dragon and Sword of Light, more characters may return if the need arises.

It actually takes place around Archaneas era. But there are no tellings about Gwenchaos only that he's a Dark Dragon from the Xercel empire.

Edited by Katarina

Are we trying to slate all the FE games together into one timeline? If so, we can probably put Tellius safely as the first series, as it actually involves the physical creation of the world and the first appearances of intelligent life.

I suppose that the Earth Dragons lost their senses after the Sealed Shield went absent. As for Grima, gotta look further into the matter.

Edited by Katarina