Game of Thrones season 3

Aizenberg

Unless you use....unscrupulous means.

I said that with my fingers steepled and laughing evilly.

This post/10, because

1) I like unscrupulous means.

2) I had to look up "steeple."

3) I can picture Esau doing both.

Edited by Paulina

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the actor playing roose bolton is so good. he's nailing that character so well

book 5 spoiler

can't wait for the conversation roose and ramsay have in dance with dragons

A lot of people seem to be confused as to who to root for now. I found that after reading that part, i could still find plenty of people to root for. Dany isnt one of them.

Jon, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Rickon, and Davos. Go Team!

Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!

Stannis!?

Edited by Aizenberg

This post/10, because

1) I like unscrupulous means.

2) I had to look up "steeple."

3) I can picture Esau doing both.

I do unscrupulous things all the time, steepling all the while.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :B :B :B :B :B

The Red Wedding was actually the VERY FIRST THING I ever heard about the series. Back in late 2008 - early 2009, I believe, I bought a book on how to write villains called "Bullies, Bastards, and Bitches". The book's author used Walder Frey and the Red Wedding as an example of a shocking-but-well-foreshadowed act of villainy.

So, I guess I'm probably the only person whose first exposure to the series was that event, although I did forget about it until the show first came on and I bought and read the books.

What a shithammer! Spoiling that should be criminalized!

Seeing it actually happen is harder for me than it was to read it. Ooooouch.

Yeah in his defense it was an accident. He even apologized afterwards. I'm sure it would had been shocking though if I didn't know.

For those of you new to A Song of Ice and Fire, Robb was never a main character.

That being said, the King's Landing Wedding is going to now be hilarious.

Robb may not have been a POV but he was certainly a main character. Stannis doesnt have a POV either but hes also a main character. Theres a lot of main characters.

Big spoilers below for non-readers.

Oh man the Purple Wedding. People will be still stung and hurt by the Red Wedding, but will be fist pumping and cheering when Joff gets iced at his own wedding. Its why i keep telling people to stay aboard. Its pretty satisfying.

Reaction videos. So much fun.

For those of you new to A Song of Ice and Fire, Robb was never a main character.

That being said, the King's Landing Wedding is going to now be hilarious.

If there have to be main characters aside from just anyone who's a POV, I'd just sigh and say they're Tyrion, Jon and Daenaerys (sp?). Also Ned Stark for the first book.

I love Davos and Stannis. I loved the recent scene where Stannis admits Rh'llor (sp?) has pretty much undone whatever integrity he used to have...my perspective on the supernatural is similar.

As far as Roose goes, I thought he was a bit uglier and flabbier than his actor is? Oh well.

Yeah, if anything, Roose isn't handsome enough. In the books he's described as thin-lipped and virtually untouched by the ravages of time. He's a very quiet man who can silence an entire room through the smallest word.

Although Roose Bolton in the show is quite different, I still think the actor portrays a very interesting character. He's great, I love seeing him on screen.

The thing about Roose is that he is unassuming in both books and show. The only clue about Roose in his appearance is that he has these cold icy eyes. Other than that, he is wholly unremarkable looking and super stoic. The show Roose, is very unassuming in appearance. Nothing about him stands out. Hes also rather stoic. But hes got them eyes...

I wish we got his leech scene.

so how about that season finale, guys?

I won't lie, I was one of the many many people expecting to see Stoneheart at the end of this episode. It would have been a very cool way to end the episode in my opinion, though it would kind of put the damper on all the press about the RW and all the talk about the finality of killing off a character and all that. Still, Arya's still in the Riverlands and they haven't made it look as if too much time has passed, so they could easily show it in the first episode next season. I don't think there's much room for it anywhere else--the end of Season 4 is too far gone, I think.

Overall a decent episode, though I feel like not an awful lot happened this season apart from the Red Wedding. It was a lot of "people getting somewhere" (Arya, Jon, Sam, Jaime, Brienne, etc.) and not a lot of doing stuff. But knowing how the books go, next season will be a lot of doing stuff, and thank goodness for that.

The thing about Roose is that he is unassuming in both books and show. The only clue about Roose in his appearance is that he has these cold icy eyes. Other than that, he is wholly unremarkable looking and super stoic. The show Roose, is very unassuming in appearance. Nothing about him stands out. Hes also rather stoic. But hes got them eyes...

I wish we got his leech scene.

Show Roose, however is quite noticeably aged and his physical appearance is one of gruffness. He lacks the smooth skin or the eery paleness of his book counterpart. He is also well-spoken and unlike the book version doesn't seem to give a vibe making others think "better not sound stupid and get my leg cut off" like in the novels.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

roose boltons one mean motherfucker

anyways...

some good scenes, some not so good. as usual with this fucking show

the highs

aryas bit of vengeance on the freys

roose and walders scene

jon and yrgittes scene. best scene in the episode

tywins scene with tyrion

the lows

danys scene, what a surprise!

remember the scene from the book where tyrion and cersei actually like each other, or when shae honestly loves tyrion and refuses to leave him for money. or when asha goes off to winterfell to save her beloved brother. or stannis acting like a useless needy prick in every scene hes in.

yeah me neither

Edited by Aizenberg

remember the scene from the book where tyrion and cersei actually like each other, or when shae honestly loves tyrion and refuses to leave him for money. or when asha goes off to winterfell to save her beloved brother. or stannis acting like a useless needy prick in every scene hes in.

yeah me neither

adaptations, adaptations, adaptations. The novels aren't perfect so it's ridiculous to act like everything should stay exactly true to them. I haven't enjoyed all of the changes but I find that most of them are very smart and allow us to see sides of characters that we didn't in the books. Also, everyone being assholes to everyone else in a non-comical way gets very boring very fast on television.

adaptations, adaptations, adaptations. The novels aren't perfect so it's ridiculous to act like everything should stay exactly true to them. I haven't enjoyed all of the changes but I find that most of them are very smart and allow us to see sides of characters that we didn't in the books. Also, everyone being assholes to everyone else in a non-comical way gets very boring very fast on television.

The novels arent perfect, but its sure as hell better then the tv show. Theyre sugar coating and dumbing down characters like cersei and jaime. Theres no need. And what's wrong with everyone being assholes to everyone else. Have you seen the sopranos lol

remember the scene from the book where tyrion and cersei actually like each other

Seriously though, wtf? Sometimes I think Tyrion must be Joffrey's real father. That's because Tyrion hates Joffrey like Tywin hates Tyrion.

ive got some casting predictions for the next season

doubt any of these will come true