Skirmish loot survey

VincentASM

Can anyone help me with a bit of research I'm doing?

I'm interested to know what items you can obtain from skirmishes--out of curiosity and also to see if skirmishes are a good place to find certain items.

All you have to do is brag about tell me what items you've just found from a skirmish.

If possible, can you also tell me if you obtained it from the boss or a lackey/regular Risen and if you obtained it from a double Risen encounter or a Risen+Merchant encounter.

Thanks in advance ^^

You can assuredly get both Second and Master Seals from skirmishes. I've also seen Iron weapons.

Bosses tend to have the seals. They also seem to have a chance at having stat boosters; at the very least I've definitely gotten Arms Scrolls and I think I've seen Talismans and Speedwings as well.

All of this was from single-Risen no-Merchant encounters.

Edited by Renall

So far I've gotten a few Spirit Dusts, an Energy drop, a few silver weapons, saved merchants a few times, notable rewards were a Brave Lance and a Fortify Staff. I did once get a Speedwings and Seraph Robe during Risen skirmishes. And a few iron weapons, Arc level magic tomes, and steel weapons.

It might have something to do with the location for the tendencies of enemies to be certain classes.

I got a lot of Talismans from the Mila Tree Chapter when I was grinding with Reeking Boxes in my Normal Mode file before the grinding DLCs were available in English.

It might have something to do with the location for the tendencies of enemies to be certain classes.

Yeah.

I've seen:

-Stat boosters

-Hammerne

-Brave weapons

Edited by Levant Fortner

Usually the enemies drop iron/steel/silver (or the corresponding tome) weapons depending on location, but brave weapons, stat boosters, physic, fortify and hammerne staves seem to appear about 10% of the time (rough estimate) without regards to location. Braves and boosters seem to show up more frequently than staves.

As for rewards for rescuing merchants, I have gotten stat boosters and hammernes, and I think a physic staff once?

I grinded quite a bit on Origin's Peak and from skirmishes I've gotten:

-Stat boosters (Energy drops, 2 Spirit dusts, Dracoshields, and quite a few talismans.)

-Staves (Fortify's, Physic's and Recovers, I think a Hammerne once..)

-Lots of Silver Weapons but never any Braves..

-Tomes (Rexcaliburs, Bolganones, Thorons)

... For Orgin Peak only the leader drops an item/weapon. The rest are Bullions. :\ Not sure if it's always like that or something.

Anyway, for saving merchants I've only gotten Hammernes, Braves, and once an energy drop.

Edited by Fayt

Let's see...Have found

Event Tiles

-Aversa's Night (Rare)

-Leif's Blade (Rare)

-Alm's Blade (Rare)

-The Glass Weapons

-Eirika's Blade

-Roy's Blade

Random Spoils

-Thoron (Rare)

-Speedwing (Rare)

-Angel Robe (Rare)

-Spirit Dust (Rare)

-Secret Book (Rare)

-Strength Drop (Rare)

Stat ups that I've never seen in skirmishes

-Dracoshield

-Talismen

-Boots

-Arms Scroll

-Goddess Icon (Could be found, but none seen to my speculation.)

Edited by Katarina

I've got quite a few brave weapons from saving merchants as well as seeing a stat booster like Goddess Icon and Seraph Robe.

As for risen skirmishes, I've see Steel and Silver weapon drops and the occasional Second Seal but nothing too special on my file.

No Skirmishes, or Anna merchants do not have these following items...

-Dracoshield

-Talismen

-Boots

-Arms Scroll

-Goddess Icon

No Skirmishes, or Anna merchants do not have these following items...

-Dracoshield

-Talismen

-Boots

-Arms Scroll

-Goddess Icon

I have gotten all of those except for Boots. I also forgot to mention that I have also gotten master seals and second seals.

Whoops, do skirmishes have those sparkly event tiles?

If so, I'm not counting them we kind of had a bragging topic for them when the demo was released.

But anyway, thanks for the reports so far. I can't wait to see what I find in the skirmishes X D

Edited by VincentASM

I'm in Normal Classic and at the point before chapter 14, but I've played around 100 skirmishes trying to obtain Second Seals early enough before the children prologues. Here's what I've learned so far.

Thieves and Barbarians, and their promotions (Trickster, Assassin, Berserker, and occasionally Warrior) are the ones to have the rare items (stat boosters, Seals, special staves, Brave weapons) and occasional B rank tomes/weapons when other unpromoted skirmishes only go up to Steel/Arc. I can't recall ever getting items from skirmishes with a boss not of those 6 classes, but I assume it could happen. Everyone else just gives a random weapon their class can use (the range of Iron to Silver and equivalents depends on the place and skirmish difficulty). Revenant/Entombed bosses have yet to drop anything for me. Bullion drops range from 1 to 2 for unpromoted bosses and ~3 for promoted (at the point I'm at). That leaves the thief/barbarian ones as the interesting ones to talk about.

There seems to be a value system in place for those rare item drops. The same skirmish that would give a Dracoshield or Second Seal in Southtown [Prologue] could give a Brave weapon in later chapters like Ylisstol [Ch6]. The 2500G items seem to be considered of less value than B-rank weapons, Brave weapons and special staves, and somehow I find it easier to obtain Energy Drops, Dracoshields and Second Seals in Southtown when I would get a Secret Book or Speedwings in higher chapters. I cannot prove this is true though and it could just be my luck. Sometimes the same skirmish summon would offer 2 to 3 different items in a range of places by number of chapter (Southtown sometimes being alone in offering such item).

To offer examples of this: the same Warrior skirmish that gives an Energy Drop in chapter 13 (Carrion Isle)/prologue 5 (sage's Hamlet)/prologue 12 (Ruins of Time), gives a Second Seal in Prologues 6 (Great Gate)/7 (Mila's Ruins)/10 (Merc Fortress). A Barbarian skirmish gives me a Spirit Dust in the Prologue/Southtown, paralogue 1 and chapters 5-9; and a Bolganone from chapters 1-4, paralogue 3 and chapters 10-11. Another Barbarian skirmish gives me a Goddess Icon in Prologue, chapter 1 and chapters 9-10; and an Energy Drop in chapters 2-7, paralogues 1/3 and chapter 11.

Lastly, I've gotten a Master Seal, stat boosters, and a Thoron tome from the double enemy/merchant protection skirmishes. Every skirmish has 2 event tiles like the chapter. [And something extra: Not sure if RN's are the best way to describe it, but a skirmish in chapter 12 and above (promoted enemies) wastes twice the RN's of a skirmish with unpromoted ones (chapter 11 and before).]

I've done about 100+ skirmishes so i think I can help.... (aka grinding MU every skill possible)

Note this only what I have personally encountered and may not be everything...

the loot depends on the advancement in the game but follow certain rules which (so far) have never failed:

1 "boss"-this enemy always drops an item unless they spawn as a reverent or entombed which I have never seen drop anything.

The boss will either drop a weapon or an item.

Item wise I have seen -entire brave set (they do not use these on normal), any standard permanent stat booster, change seals, master seals (I have seen Items at all map levels though the higher the map level the more likely this seems to become though this may be random RNG)

Weapon wise-vary by game advancement, early maps will involve iron series weapons and el series tomes(aka the standard D rank)

later on the bosses wield steel series weapons and arc tomes (aka standard C rank)

later on they will be using silver weapons and the B rank tomes

-noticeably these weapons appear before the related items are available in shops

If they use forged weapons they will never drop them but will instead carry another weapon or a item in their inventory to drop on death.

generally any weapons other than the listed will not be dropped (an exception is Nosferatu which CAN be dropped by sorcerers)

Regular enemies-

can only drop Bullion (S)

starting at 1 the number that they drop increases as the game goes on by the Children paraloges they are dropping at least 3 ect..

Edit in reply to previous messages I didn't realize the unique item drop rule but now that it is mentioned I have never seen this fail...

Bosses can be any standard class the skrimish I'm doing now is a Great Knight w/ a silver axe...

If a boss can use staffs they will carry one but i have never seen one drop.

I have seen every standard class as a Skrimish Boss revernts and Entombed can also be bosses(and they drop nothing... :( )

Classes can carry a weapon of any type they can use: for instance a Dark Knight boss can carry a silver sword, Bolganone, thoron,Rexcalibur)

but a sword master can only drop a silver sword...

A trickster could however drop a silver sword + any of the "items"

Edited by Dragrath

Funny, I think my first "save Anna from a skirmish" rewards was an Arms Scroll. I was pretty salty about it.

Enemy drops are somewhat, uh, sporadic, as I've seen early Arcwinds (Chapter 2 skirmish) on Hard/Classic. I think this'll help more.

- All non-Revenant/Entombed bosses drop stuff

- You'll usually get the boss' weapon (or an unforged version of it), but sometimes you'll get a stat booster/some sort of Seal instead

- You'll also get at least one Bullion (S); I think you can get up to three of those per group

- Event tiles are active; my luck dictates that I get weapon ranks off of them

add hammernes to the item list.

also ch 21 always yields 4 bullion

forging is random but only seems to happen on later game maps

Ch 15 is the only map that I have seen give both C and B ranked weapons(may be true for nearby maps but by the point everything becomes promoted they always drop B rank wweapons w/ the exception of sorcerers who either have a B ranked tome or Nosferatu.

-If I notice anything else I'll post here

- You'll usually get the boss' weapon (or an unforged version of it), but sometimes you'll get a stat booster/some sort of Seal instead

On that note, it's thieves and barbarians (and their promoted classes) who hold such stuff. Such units may also hold Brave weapons.

Also, I presume that if you clear a challenge with two groups of Risen, the rewards are the same as if you save a merchant. You also get 3000 gold on top of it. It should also be noted that enemies in skirmishes may have illegal forges even on Normal.

Edited by Levant Fortner