Next FE game should have a Divine Dragon Villain

With Awakening, whole set up with Divine Dragons helping the heroes to stop an Evil Dragon(typically Earth) is getting really old and tiring. I'm hoping the next game will mix things up with a charismatic and manipulative Divine Dragon Villain with a saintly apearance. Not like Idoun who lost her mind and became a Mage Dragon, but actually a Divine Dragon evil of her own free will.

Maybe a previously unknown surviving Earth Dragon could help the heroes in this story!

The closest we've got to a scenario at all like this is

Ashera

from Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I know it's been done before, but I'd kind of like a non-divine character at the end, just some emperor guy like Hardin, with a bit of a tragic backstory/storyline like Alvis.

I would prefer they just ignore the whole dragon thing for once and just make a new villain. Switching the roles is nice and all, but it sounds more like a pallet swap than anything meaningful.

I know it's been done before, but I'd kind of like a non-divine character at the end, just some emperor guy like Hardin, with a bit of a tragic backstory/storyline like Alvis.

That'd be cool.

That does remind how in FE3 and FE6, the extra chapters with Dragons while fun, are nowhere near as epic as the confrontation with the human king.

I would prefer they just ignore the whole dragon thing for once and just make a new villain. Switching the roles is nice and all, but it sounds more like a pallet swap than anything meaningful.

The main thing I'm getting tired of is Dark Cults that are evil for the sake of evil.

The main thing I'm getting tired of is Dark Cults that are evil for the sake of evil.

Definitely, that's a problem with the writing staff. I just think switching the two still brings up the problem of the black and white good guys vs bad guys, you've just switched the two for a novelty.

I'm actually working on an FE fan game that goes into this sort of territory. Well, with a few more twists.

Unfortunately, it is a fan game. Would be cool to see something official like this. :)

Well their fanatic for the most part and most likely grew up that way, especially because they are hunted and killed. (FE4 and FE13)

For those evil cults, can anymore be done?

If anything, an Divine Dragon Lord (That might have lost his/her power) would be nice, you know a a dragon that is important starting from the beginning.

I'm actually working on an FE fan game that goes into this sort of territory. Well, with a few more twists.

Unfortunately, it is a fan game. Would be cool to see something official like this. :)

Good Luck there! Hope to play it

Perhaps someone like Kefka, a normal (well, abnormal by human standards) who works his way to become a god. A human ruler who turns into a divine dragon mid-late game with some sort of spell or ritual. No more apocalypse cults and undead, it's getting old.

I want to see something like the Black Fang again. They are a dark organization that strikes out at communities for unknown reasons. The main villain should be a complete badass human like Sephiroth or something. The heroes have to find out what the heck is going on and then finish off this baddie for good.

Funny you should make this topic, I was just thinking earlier today how it'd be neat to have a Fire Emblem game with Tiki as the villain. (Obviously based on the whole prospect of her going insane and trying to kill everything) Of course, this would have to be a twist in the plot rather than something made clear early on, but it would definitely be a punch in the gut for fans of the Archanean/Akaneian continuity.

EDIT: Wow, that sounded far more malicious than I meant it to.

Anyway, FE doesn't have nearly enough emotional gut-punches. Get like Mother 3, Fire Emblem.

Edited by Starlight36

How about foregoing the whole supernatural/mythological bad guys theme altogether and just playing a humans/humans game straight? That would be more interesting than another dragon-related Big Bad.

I want a final boss who isn't some powerful mage like Nergal/Veld(lol Veld powerful right)/Julius, and isn't some evil dragon, but is some like... completely unexpected class. Like how awesome and messed up would it be for the final boss to end up being some Swordmaster or Sniper or something you think is one of the mid-lategame boss lackeys suddenly maneuver him or herself into Final Boss territory? I imagine this Swordmaster snagging some dragon-sealing blade from you in a late mission and then suddenly turning around and killing his/her own boss with it and taking over. Yeah, you didn't see that coming.

Alternately, if they're going to do a mage again, I'd like to see them make one that actually exploits the fact that he is a mage. Imagine a supercharged Sage warping around with Rewarp staves to isolated rooms with allied Dancers to refresh him so he can hit you with statuses or drop a super-forged Meteor on your head, and other caster reinforcements Warping and Physicing and Warding him while Berserkers and Generals guard the doors. Just getting at him would be a big part of the challenge, so he wouldn't have to be a huge stack of HP and defenses like a dragon would, and his huge range and nasty statuses would let him pressure you everywhere on the map.

Having the end boss just be a human with his elite human troops wouldn't be bad either. The Black Knight is a pretty cool opponent as just "human with awesome stats and cool stuff," have a guy like that end up the final villain... and give him a whole squad of guys nearly as good as he is, holed up in some final defensive stand against your forces.

How about foregoing the whole supernatural/mythological bad guys theme altogether and just playing a humans/humans game straight? That would be more interesting than another dragon-related Big Bad.

you mean like how Radiant Dawn was set up pretty much until the beginning of Part 4?

i would totally dig some of that. as far as worldwide war is involved, Radiant Dawn was definitely the most interesting of all the Fire Emblem games, I think. personally, i thought it was really awesome how you were allowed to play the different viewpoints in the war, which kind of gave it a larger scope than just "good guys versus bad guys" you know what i mean?

you mean like how Radiant Dawn was set up pretty much until the beginning of Part 4?

i would totally dig some of that. as far as worldwide war is involved, Radiant Dawn was definitely the most interesting of all the Fire Emblem games, I think. personally, i thought it was really awesome how you were allowed to play the different viewpoints in the war, which kind of gave it a larger scope than just "good guys versus bad guys" you know what i mean?

It was still good guys versus bad guys.

The senators were over the top gonk villains. Whoever was responsible went out of his or her way to make most notable enough Begnion antagonists puppy kickers. Radiant Dawn just changed the big bad nation from Daein to Begnion.

Edited by Retsudo

How about we get a villain that isn't lawful evil, neutral evil, chaotic evil or any other variation of evil and instead is a villain with reasons for their actions actions that simply opose your protagonist not some end of the world prophetic foe perhaps in the end they would have had the better goal...(not ends justify the means, the war would be built on a grudge or something...)

or maybe we could get an honorable "dark god" who actually looks out for its followers but has been oppressed by the mainstream religion which has written them off as a demon(simply because he/she/it isn't the mainstream religion)?

just fighting humans? I heard Path of Radiance was a pretty cool game, no supernatural final boss or DARK MAGIC USERS cool.gif

Izuka was a dark magic user!

...I mean granted, you don't actually fight him in PoR.