Shopping "strategy"?

PresidentEden

Hey, y'all. I was wondering what the typical SF user does as far as buying weapons goes. In which chapters do you normally resupply your army?

I usually resupply at Pirate Ship (+ Noble Lady of Caelin, for items I can't get at Pirate Ship's armory), Four-Fanged Offense, and Battle Preparations. I'll make a stop by the armory in Unfulfilled Heart occasionally, but it being within Vaida's attack range on Hector's story (the only one I ever play anymore) is a serious disincentive....

I normally stock up on False Friends, and end up buying a few bobs in Noble Lady of Caelin. I then hoard items heavily on pirate ship, to last me through the dread isle arc. Afterwards I top up at New Resolve and Four Fanged Offense. Then I'm normally good until battle preparations.

I buy a few javelins/hand axes in C13 then I spam buy on those 2 things in Noble Lady of Caelin and I dont buy anything else all game Kappa.png

unless i feel like I need more 1-2 range weaponry and there's a convenient shop

Edited by CordeliaxFrederick

Depends on which mode I'm playing.

For Hard Modes, I like to save my gold until I get the Silver Card, and then go nuts on New Resolve and Four-Fanged Offense.

Of course I buy a few weapons in False Friends and a few more in Pirate Ship, but only enough to last me until New Resolve.

I much prefer being able to buy swords, lances, axes, and bows all in one shop, so I don't care much for shopping in Noble Lady of Caelin or Battle Preparations.

For ENM, I just buy a bunch of iron weapons in False Friends, although I also save some gold for the arena. (The tactics requirements for the arena chapters aren't nearly as generous as in Hard Mode, but they do allow for a few arena battles at least.) As with Hard Modes, I restock in New Resolve and Four-Fanged Offense.

For HNM, I'm more conservative since I have much less gold at first, but I do buy as many weapons as I can in False Friends and restock in New Resolve.

Edited by Paper Jam

I always have difficulty planning how many uses of each weapon I'm going to spend throughout the game so my shopping always needs work. Keep doing stupid decisions like buying steel weapons in FE6 (even before killer weapons arrive, there's really no space for them when you have to carry some more reliable, accurate stuff instead).