Calculating Critical Dodge or Lowering Chance to get Critcal'd

Today as Chrom I was trying to negate an enemy's 36 critical chance and I saw Chrom had 17 luck so I used him because I remember having a higher luck factors into lowering the Critical chance, the only problem is that the enemy had a 2% chance of Critical on Chrom and 36 minus 17 doesn't equal 2 so I am trying to figure out how he got it lower?

Keep in mind Chrom was COMPLETELY alone and Sumia who he is married to wasn't even deployed on the map. Unless support bonuses still work even if you aren't near anybody?

So how did Chrom lower it to 2 % chance of Critical on himself? Keep in mind I am doing this from memory so the numbers might be slightly off but I thought if nobody was supporting you it was just a straight subtraction of Luck from Crit chance.

Could've been skills (specifically, Demoiselle raises the crit evade of males within 3 spaces of whoever has it). Also, was Chrom paired up?

Could've been skills (specifically, Demoiselle raises the crit evade of males within 3 spaces of whoever has it). Also, was Chrom paired up?

Chrom was completely alone and not paired up. He was married to Sumia, but that doesnt count if shes not with him right?? There are no hidden support bonuses that work even if ur nowhere near anyone?

Chrom was completely alone and not paired up. He was married to Sumia, but that doesnt count if shes not with him right?? There are no hidden support bonuses that work even if ur nowhere near anyone?

Welp, you lost me. I'm unsure what it could be.

I've got nothing ^^;;;

That said, memory's a funny thing sometimes. It's possible you remembered some of the numbers wrong or looked at the wrong place. That happens to me sometimes.

No I am sure I am forgetting something it is just like the last 10-12 % I couldn't figure out. But hey I am not complaining it was lower than I thought it was so 2% was great.

Maybe Crit Avoid is calculated by Luck x 2. That would explain the 2% critical the enemy had on him after the calculation of (36-34)%, leaving you with 2%.

No, it's definitely straight Luck (I checked it myself a moment ago). Anyway, TC, either you remember something incorrectly, or there was something going on that you weren't aware of.

Also I do have to point out that the calculation for effectiveness of a weapon in Awakening is DOUBLE your might not triple your might like it says under calculations.

Actually, it's indeed triple, else Wind would actually be dealing LESS damage than Thunder on the targets that are weak to it.

Actually, it's indeed triple, else Wind would actually be dealing LESS damage than Thunder on the targets that are weak to it.

Not for a Falchion against Dragon units, it kept being consistently double, not triple. Which is why I brought it up because the example they give you is that very same scenario. If you triple the might which is 15 and then subtract the defense of the unit, it doesn't add up. However if you double the might it works everytime if you allow for the weapon bonuses as well.

Exalted Falchion vs Wyvern Rider: 79 damage.

15 might multiplied by 3 for effective bonus. 45. Plus Chrom's 44+3 str. 92. Minus the wyvern rider's 17 def. 75. Plus 3 for Chrom's A rank swords. 78. Plus 1 for WTA. 79.

Bam. o.o Is the normal Falchion weird or something?

edit: PFFT Luna crit for 261 damage. xD Freakin' overkill postgame stuffs.

Edited by Tsamimi

Not for a Falchion against Dragon units, it kept being consistently double, not triple. Which is why I brought it up because the example they give you is that very same scenario. If you triple the might which is 15 and then subtract the defense of the unit, it doesn't add up. However if you double the might it works everytime if you allow for the weapon bonuses as well.

er, how about NO

probably weapon triangle stuff, going against a B or A rank lance Wyvern Lord with A rank swords would cut your attack by 4

er, how about NO

probably weapon triangle stuff, going against a B or A rank lance Wyvern Lord with A rank swords would cut your attack by 4

I think I know what I did by accident, I was mistakenly adding it to the existing Attack I already had instead of adding it to my STR /facepalm. I have not done anything with effectiveness of magic though. I assume its the same thing with bows and fliers?

There are a ton of factors affecting calculations in this game and I've experienced changes that I was unaware of where they came from myself. Sometimes I've checked just attacking the same enemy from two different spaces and got different hit rates for no discernible reason. I looked around for skills and such that would explain it but couldn't find anything at the time.

I've also gotten strange series of Magic/Defense level ups on characters who normally wouldn't get them. It's possible the RNG just likes me or something but I keep thinking that Doubling may affect growth rates depending on who you are doubled with.