Who do you guys think are seemingly underrated.

MacLovin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, how is it possible that Rebecca is underated?

I'm quite sure it's like everyone know how awesome she will be..

For underrated, maybe Kent.

It's like everyone use Sain and forget Kent. :(

Kent ? I'm sure everyone knows that he is good. Stat-wise he is one of the best knight of the game, while Sain can easily be RNG Screwed (Especially Speed-wise).

If you want an underrated Cavalier, Lowen fits more. He is usually dropped in favor of the other two, while he can become a pretty tanky Paladin (And this Gold Armour is so Boss)

Also, how does Isadora and Karla play out ? It seems like nobody use them, but I wonder if they can be usefull.

Kent ? I'm sure everyone knows that he is good. Stat-wise he is one of the best knight of the game, while Sain can easily be RNG Screwed (Especially Speed-wise).

If you want an underrated Cavalier, Lowen fits more. He is usually dropped in favor of the other two, while he can become a pretty tanky Paladin (And this Gold Armour is so Boss)

Also, how does Isadora and Karla play out ? It seems like nobody use them, but I wonder if they can be usefull.

I do use Kent and Sain both but I do see that most people prefer to use Sain for his insane STR. I bet their Sain not RNG screwed.

Isadora and Karla don't really turn out good, so...

Wait, how is it possible that Rebecca is underated?

I'm quite sure it's like everyone know how awesome she will be..

For underrated, maybe Kent.

It's like everyone use Sain and forget Kent. :(

Well I just notice that bow users aren't really that popular, so I put Rebecca with them. I personally think she's the best bow user of FE7.

I try to alternate between Kent and Sain for each playthrough :D:

All the characters I like are underrated. All the characters I dislike are overrated.

I feel the same sometimes lol

Well I just notice that bow users aren't really that popular, so I put Rebecca with them. I personally think she's the best bow user of FE7.

I'm pretty sure Rebecca is the best bow user of Elibian Saga.

At least for me :D

I always stuck on both XD

2 paladins won't hurt, so I just bring both.

I'm pretty sure Rebecca is the best bow user of Elibian Saga.

At least for me :D

I always stuck on both XD

2 paladins won't hurt, so I just bring both.

Rebecca is awesome. She's one of my favorite bow users in the entire series, behind like only Shinon.

I generally use whichever one I'm not trying to train as a backup, in case I need him to finish off an enemy that could potentially kill someone next turn.

Rebecca is awesome. She's one of my favorite bow users in the entire series, behind like only Shinon.

I generally use whichever one I'm not trying to train as a backup, in case I need him to finish off an enemy that could potentially kill someone next turn.

Shinon and Gatrie are both beasts. Most Greil's mercs are.

People usually says that Sain is better, but I always remember how awesome Kent was in the chapter where you got Dorcas.

(Where Kent slaughter most of the enemy by doubling, while Sain can't double them yet)

Edited by Fairlee

People usually says that Sain is better, but I always remember how awesome Kent was in the chapter where you got Dorcas.

(Where Kent slaughter most of the enemy by doubling, while Sain can't double them yet)

Indeed, although I prefer Brom to Gatrie.

The one who can double for me is the one I'm training on that particular playthrough, if you put enough work in they can both double and be awesome.

All except Rath, And then it's between Rebecca's and Will's fan. I prefer Rebecca because she have higher RES, and with that Avo,, def is absolutely useless for her anyway...

But how many time do you use Lowen ?

Sain is really cool, and Kent always turned amazing for me.

Lowen is a pretty good unit, who can takes lot of hits, but he have to compete with all the units of the same class who have more utility at the time (Marcus will see more uses)...

I like Louise because she looks the best, has the coolest sprite, and...I guess it takes less effort to use her. Oh, and she's married with Pent.

This is the exact opposite for me. Sain is doubling and Kent isn't.

Pent and Louise are both cool.

Both their looks and their personality are cool.

Itis just their stats aren't as cool :(

Pent is one of the best mage (if not the best...).

Also, what is the general view of Hawkeye ? He starts good, with cool stats, but he doesn't really become better.

Lowen isn't that underrated, he saves more turns than Kent or Sain!

Not so sure about that...

- Marcus is more likely to get the earlygame bosskills and requires them to maintain his dominance.

- Kent and Sain arrive at higher levels compared to Lowen; possibly 14/0 or 13/1.

- The first KC in efficiency is dropped by Eubans, so only a LHM cav can become your second Paladin (which is a very turn-saving idea).

The turns Lowen saves?

- 12: doesn't get to the north on time (assuming a 4-turn completion) and Marcus handles the south; can get two kills for self-improvement.

- 13: useful for ferrying and shopping but saves no turns.

- 13x: defence

- 14: helps the party handle the enemies and might lure the boss away from Marcus to relieve the pressure on him somewhat.

- 15: defence

- 16: can help get Marcus and Hector over the hill, but so can Dorcas (iirc); also Kent and Sain arrive and are likely to be better-levelled and have better combat, especially if one promoted during LHM.

After chapter 16, having three Cavs + Marcus + Florina is a good mobile party for longer chapters or shorter chapters where move matters, but Lowen offers nothing unique and can probably be dropped. If it's movement you seek, later on Rath has the same, plus unique utility with Brave/Killer Bows, less penalty from forests, and also has time to grow in Lyn Mode.

That said, if he turns out better than your other unpromoted Cav, drop Marcus and/or Isadora and use Lowen alongside your other promoted Cav. Or don't drop anyone at all. Still, even, like, Matthew has more unique impact on turn counts.

Tbh, I should have said draftwise.

He's tied with Fiora for second best pick in HNM/EHM iirc.

Well yeah, but those modes have opposition that's more easily one-rounded (by, like, anything that levels up a couple times) and there's no reason why we wouldn't go through Lyn Mode in an efficient manner outside of draft context. Those maps are so damn simplistic and short.

But Lyn Mode costs turns!

More realistically, an LTCer might not want to do Lyn Mode because it's well, kind of boring. And doing HHM by itself is more challenging, I'd assume.

This is the exact opposite for me. Sain is doubling and Kent isn't.

O_O your Sain is SPD RNG-blessed while Kent doesn't then.

But I've played like 3-4 games and all of them Kent gets to double first.

Pent is one of the best mage (if not the best...).

My best is Nino, hard to train but worth it :D

In my first game I bring Pent, tough. He's cool

Edited by Fairlee