Oh hey look it's Monster Hunter

Esau of Isaac

So I beat all the first star missions, got my Jaggi armor upgraded as far as just Armor Spheres will let me, and it appears I'm not going to be able to upgrade my Iron Grace until I get to the third area.

Also the Guild Sweetheart is mai waifu

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

false info bro

But I don't have Felyne acrobatics and some hit's don't knock me down far or completely. Granted it's by Great Jaggi. Could it be based off damage you take from a hit then, like how you don't fall flat when some bug takes a stab at you?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

whats everyone's thoughts on fighting monsters under water for me hard to master however dodging attacks is somewhat easier then on land at times

Hmmmmmm I've heard lots of complaints about fighting underwater, but I actually found it super easy to get used to~ I was like born to swim or something! ^o^

The one thing I always liked (and would also usually accidentally do at times) about it was how you can evade vertically as well =3

whats everyone's thoughts on fighting monsters under water for me hard to master however dodging attacks is somewhat easier then on land at times

Completely agree with you. Nowadays, throwing down against the Royal Ludroth underwater is no trouble, but the Lagiacrus is a pain in the ass! And bursting out with lightning everywhere gets me every single time. It's hard to fight underwater monsters if you're using melee weapons, especially if you bring the Shakalaka kids with you, because THEY DON'T HOLD STILL LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU TO HIT THEM. The thing I'm finding now, though, is that it's actually easier to attack Royal Ludroth underwater, as in my case he usually just does lunge attacks. But don't get me started on the Ceadeus. That thing is just plain annoying as hell. >_>

Anyway, anyone got any advice on how to kill a Purple Ludroth? I've attempted the urgent high rank quest to go kill one three times now, and every single time I'm able to cut off his tail and cut up his mane before he ends up killing me three times and I fail the quest. His tactics are the same as a regular Royal Ludroth, but he's a LOT more resilient and is able to get the jump on me...quite often. >_<

Edited by Karaszure

Completely agree with you. Nowadays, throwing down against the Royal Ludroth underwater is no trouble, but the Lagiacrus is a pain in the ass! And bursting out with lightning everywhere gets me every single time. It's hard to fight underwater monsters if you're using melee weapons, especially if you bring the Shakalaka kids with you, because THEY DON'T HOLD STILL LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU TO HIT THEM. The thing I'm finding now, though, is that it's actually easier to attack Royal Ludroth underwater, as in my case he usually just does lunge attacks. But don't get me started on the Ceadeus. That thing is just plain annoying as hell. >_>

Anyway, anyone got any advice on how to kill a Purple Ludroth? I've attempted the urgent high rank quest to go kill one three times now, and every single time I'm able to cut off his tail and cut up his mane before he ends up killing me three times and I fail the quest. His tactics are the same as a regular Royal Ludroth, but he's a LOT more resilient and is able to get the jump on me...quite often. >_<

Capturing the Lagiacrus is a pain in underwater because you can never know if it's drooling or limping since i never captured any monsters in the water

• 4 months later...

On the one hand I want to sell my Wii U because poor college student but on the other hand I want to beat Xenoblade and Monster Hunter first and I've barely played either and still have them among the millions of other games in my backlog.

First world problems.

On the one hand I want to sell my Wii U because poor college student but on the other hand I want to beat Xenoblade and Monster Hunter first and I've barely played either and still have them among the millions of other games in my backlog.

First world problems.

Firstly, don't sell your Wii U. Secondly, don't play the Wii U version of MH3U with the GamePad, as the controls are HORRIBLE. From what I've heard, the Pro Controller has the best controls for MH3U on consoles, though the 3DS version plays really well too, even without that annoying Circle Pad Pro add-on.

Hmm could you say how you heard the controls on the wii u gamepad were horrible? I've been wondering about the problem I think I might be having with it, and idk if it's just me or if it's the controller. But I think maybe the buttons on it are not as responsive as I'd like them to be. When I press the b button I would appreciate it if my character could understand that means she's supposed to evaaaaaaaaaade and when I press an attack button I'd also appreciate it if she actually attacked.

Maybe I could buy a Pro Controller~ Hopefully it doesn't feel too different to hold because I've become very accustomed to the gamepad by now ;u;

Edited by Freohr Datia

Hmm could you say how you heard the controls on the wii u gamepad were horrible? I've been wondering about the problem I think I might be having with it, and idk if it's just me or if it's the controller. But I think maybe the buttons on it are not as responsive as I'd like them to be. When I press the b button I would appreciate it if my character could understand that means she's supposed to evaaaaaaaaaade and when I press an attack button I'd also appreciate it if she actually attacked.

Maybe I could buy a Pro Controller~ Hopefully it doesn't feel too different to hold because I've become very accustomed to the gamepad by now ;u;

They're similar. The lag is gameside, not controller. The only thing that to some extent makes the Wii U's controller a bit eh is how big it is. Personally I'm a big strong macho man(let) so it's not that bad, but I dunno.

I still hate the controls in this game btw~

Hmm could you say how you heard the controls on the wii u gamepad were horrible?

Firsthand experience. I own both copies of 3 Ultimate, but I bought the 3DS version first, then beat that after awhile. Then over the summer, I bought the Wii U version, transferred my file over from the 3DS, and tried to play it on the GamePad. It is incredibly awkward, and incredibly weird. Another account from a buddy of mine who enjoys Monster Hunter as much as you and me (which is a LOT) says that the Pro Controller controls flow more naturally, if that makes any sense.

Also, as it turns out, Monster Hunter Frontier G is being ported to PS3, PS Vita, and Wii U in Japan. The game releases for PS3 on November 20th and Wii U on December 11th. It is also shown that data between the PS3 and PS Vita versions will be cross-compatible, though the PS Vita launch date hasn't been announced yet. Unfortunately, there's no word on an overseas release for North America or Europe. Sad day.