European website and demo

Miatt

We finnaly have a european website. As you guessed the names are exactly the same, except the non-english version who have few changes( Cherche>Zelcher)

Here

And the demo will be available the 28!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's early.

Btw, how many tries did the US demo allow?

Granted, I do know that they tend to vary. Like, the US version of Kingdom hearts 3D demo had 30 tries while the European one had only 15.

I prefer Zelcher(Cherche means "looking for" so...)

And I find Zelcher pretty good. but they are also minor changes(Lon'qu to Lon'zu, what was the utility?)

We finnaly have a european website. As you guessed the names are exactly the same, except the non-english version who have few changes( Cherche>Zelcher)

Here

And the demo will be available the 28!

Whoa! I'm so much hyped!

The demo will be available the 28! ohmy.gif Fine, the earlier, the better! smile.gif

Edit: Robin is now Daraen... mellow.gif

Edited by Avatar

omg sefdbdhshghjhfxghcghfhgfzdxvfcgthgcvbfzcxvzcxvcvnggx cv YES DEMO

...just out of interest, how many chapters are included in the demo?

EDIT: What languages are you taking these name changes from? (So everyone who hasn't checked out the site is clear, all the names in the British English version are the same as the American English ones.)

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Not the portuguese(because it doesn't exist) but the italian has also the new names.

And for all the websites we have english screenshots :(

Edited by dymew

Here

Except, I've just had a look at the website and the names are the same as in the US version...

It's kind of peculiar that they'd change the names, without making them different for individual languages, and yet keep the American names for the British version. Not that I have a problem with it.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Off the top of my head, the only character who's previously had their name changed in all European languages is Draug, and even then not all to the same thing (they're all local variations of the spell-guard-backwards joke: Edgar in French, Edrag in German, and Aidraug in Spanish and Italian). This does make me wonder as to the veracity of their information - maybe the name changes are all from just one European language, and they kind of copypasted in translating the website without thinking it through? If you consider just how messy and error-prone the American website tends to be, this sort of thing is pretty reasonable, if still a bit of a stretch.

Zelcher definitely is a strange name for a woman if it is pronounced in German, so I will stick to Zelsché or however the French would pronounce that. :P

Edit: I also get the feeling that the name changes come from the French translation as the names (aside from that random Lon'qu -> Lon'zu change) both are French words in the English version and both were changed into words that only really make any sense as names for female characters when they are pronounced French. Aside from that, the German word Stahl remains Stahl's name in the German version of the game, which does not make any sense considering the other changes (here and especially in previous German versions (Haar -> Darahan and Mist -> Alja)).

Edited by domflo

That's hardly the same, considering that Mist is the German word for "manure" or the equivalent of "crap" when used as an interjection.

And Stahl is a good name. I am sure that there are plenty of Germans with it. Only as a family name but it doesn't sound bad at all.

Calling the mysterious guy from the desert something common as "Stefan" while everyone else had fantasy names, was definitely a lot worse.

Edited by BrightBow

french persons pronounce Zelcher "Zèlshé" but I pronounce "Zèlsher"

But Panne can be changed because the french translation also ^^ (in english Purlin, I just learned a word In French, I did'nt know the word before, yeah xD)

I still don't think that Stahl works as a first name. As a surname, sure, but even then it's not really totally common. I myself know no person called Mr. Stahl or anything like that, and according to a website that checks phone book entries, there are aprox. 30000 Stahl's in Germany. It just sounds weird. Really weird. Not any less weird then Haar, anyway. Which is also a fairly common surname (at least compared to Stahl).

But whatever, I don't really have any problems with the names. It just comes off as odd to me that some names get changed, but out of all of them, Stahl doesn't. It's really, really odd.